+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Government shutdown, who's to blame - who's at fault?

Default Government shutdown, who's to blame - who's at fault?

So a small percentage of the government will shut down soon, which will last probably a few days to a week. But if you are tuned into the news or watch CSPAN, you've probably heard the hysteria... Millions of people will be affected, interest rates will rise, DHS agents won't get paid, and my favorite; this baby panda is going to starve to death...
    (actual argument floating around, appeasing to the emotional aspect of the debate)

And of course, who is to blame? Well let's ask the experts who shape the public debate: the small government people are to blame. The two senators that went against the other 98. Because a few fiscal conservatives don't want to raise the debt limit, now we all have to pay. They are responsible for the chaos and the suffering that the working people will ensue! Blah Blah BLah - we have all heard it, that is the overwhelming majority opinion. But what is the cause and what is the reaction? Is the debt ceiling simply the cause of our trouble, perhaps we can get rid of it like Obama wants and our trouble will go away? Or is such trouble a logical reaction of decades of deficit spending and the debt ceiling is simply the straw that broke the camel's back? Let's hope that we are all intellectually honest here because if we are, it is easy to figure out.

And the answer is: of course this is the logical reaction of decades of deficit spending. It's like if a fat person, who weighs over 500lbs, dropped his remote at the end of his bed and because he had to do a sit up to pick his remote up, he had a heart attack and died. Now what is the fatal flaw that this individual made? Is it that he exercised for once which caused his death and because of that, such an action is needed to be prevented? Or is a heart attack a logical result of being a fat ass who weighs over 500lbs and is bed ridden? Let's use our brains people.

Ok enough with the analogies, the problem is debt, not the debt ceiling. Think about it this way, if you are a meth addict and a rehab program made you lower your meth usage, are the problems associated with withdrawal due from the constant use of meth over the years or do you simply place the blame on the reha.... wait I said that I was done with analogies lol. Anyhow this is common fuking sense.

Can we raise our line of credit for now? Sure but we can't do it forever. That is a fact. So one day or another we are going to have to face the economic reality of borrowing and printing money. We can face it soon, or we can wait till it gets even worse, and face it then which will have even more consequences. Want to talk about a panda who can't get fed, when we crash our entire economy - the whole zoo is going to go broke. And yes, people still say "that is a conspiracy, I'm canadian, blah blah blah" - well riddle me this, if that is the case then why the hell do our politicians and fed chairmen run around in panic over the slightest spending cuts if everything is fine and dandy? Imagine when real spending cuts (not tiny joke cuts) HAVE to be made. This is basic economics kids. Learn it or get burnt.

By the way, anyone with half a heart would donate food for the baby panda. I bet a kickstart would raise tens of thousands of dollars. Just another excuse to say that we can't do anything without the government.
    Last edited by Time Warner; 09-29-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Who's to blame has a simple answer. The voters.
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.

“No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.”

Shut it down forever. All the special interests and lobbyist need a cut in pay. (DC outlying counties are 7 of the 10 richest in the US) The house is the will of the people and their funding authorities should not be given away to the executive or the senate, only to be spent on MORE SUBSIDIES. The house needs to send over spending bills piece meal without ACA. The congressional staff exemption should be next on the chopping block if the Senate rejects the latest bill. I say, fvck those staffers. Same ones that wrote the bill SHOULD live by its consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post
    Yay!!! Not my fault...

To answer the question loses in the title and you decided to answer before anybody else. It is the gubment's fault. They have nobody to blame but themselves and I say we ride the shutdown for a while and see the "world end"in A matter of days. When it doesn't, maybe people will stop letting fear dictate their lives and we can move out of our current situation.

I watched WWz last night, i dont need gubment, i learned enough about the apocalypse that im rdy for anything.....lol

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.
    American outlaw, since birth, till death.
    king of the derelicts
    i am honkey kong
    Abortion Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    Yay!!! Not my fault...
    Hahaha!!!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Hahaha!!!!!

Awesome
    What's voting? The majority imposing their will on the minority? 51% telling the other 49% how to live their lives?

last time our government shut down, our President got a blow job.
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.

“No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.”

Obama... plain and simple. He has added $8 trillion to the debt in 5 years. If he hasn't figured out a way to balance the budget with $8 trillion in additional borrowing, he should be fired. He ran for the office of President, so he takes the blame. Just like a business owner takes the blame when their company goes BK.

As others have said, I think they shoud all go without pay until they figure out a way to balance the budget and pay off the debt in no less than 10 years. Figure it out and you will get paid. Can't agree, every one of them loses their jobs and we elect new people to get the job done. We are running out of time to keep fukin off.
    [

+ Reply to Thread