+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Uptown's Offseason Central: Combine, Draft, Minicamp & OTA's

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Foles and Smith are the rumors, both of which i would choose over Cassel and Quinn.

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

Okay, I know 40 times aren't everything, but watching T'eo's 40 coupled in with the rest of his combine drills today, plus his play(or lack thereof) in the National Championship game, is it safe to say that he is basically all hype?

To me, he looks like maybe 3rd or 4th round material, at best. Obviously it's possible for him to have a good or great career in the NFL, as it is for pretty much any player good enough to be drafted. But if I'm a GM, he is a chance that I'm not willing to take, at least in the first 4 or 5 rounds. He's looked bad at the combine, and his play against Alabama really turned me off on him as NFL talent.
    Last edited by Straight_Crown; 02-25-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Teo was never a good player hes always been all hype, his int's are all a result baring 1-2 of tipped balls by the Dline that happen to be near him, he never read the QB and picked if off on a route. Hes slow hes a north-south linebacker at best he cant run sideline to sideline, he has trouble with big backs or good Olines like Stanford and Bama both he made little to no plays in. Everyone loved his ability to lead a team....that was gone when he bascially admitted hes at least bi if not gay the dead girlfriend story and im sure hes getting killed in interviews with it too. Did anyone see John shaking his head then mouthing No when Teo passed the 20 yard line turned his head down and didnt watch him even finish.

I thought both Geno and Bray had solid days at the combine.

Haven't been able to follow it too much though

Quote Originally Posted by limelight543 View Post
    Teo was never a good player hes always been all hype, his int's are all a result baring 1-2 of tipped balls by the Dline that happen to be near him, he never read the QB and picked if off on a route. Hes slow hes a north-south linebacker at best he cant run sideline to sideline, he has trouble with big backs or good Olines like Stanford and Bama both he made little to no plays in. Everyone loved his ability to lead a team....that was gone when he bascially admitted hes at least bi if not gay the dead girlfriend story and im sure hes getting killed in interviews with it too. Did anyone see John shaking his head then mouthing No when Teo passed the 20 yard line turned his head down and didnt watch him even finish.
    lol we can always count on you for some sketchy quotes..How can you "basically" admit you're bi?

To me T'eo will be fine in the pro's. He can be in a 3-4 defense where another LB can take on blocks similar to how Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis work for each other. As for running a 4.8 it's not a big deal with an ILB. And Coach Harbaugh is frontin' b/c everyone knows and as I predicted months ago - he is heavily on the radar of Baltimore. The best way to get people disinterested in Te'o and try to have him fall to 32 is to react like that..

Yo can I get a quick overview of your boy Shariff Floyd - who you predicted as a top pick and it seems you will be right on that.
    Last edited by d3murf; 02-26-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    lol we can always count on you for some sketchy quotes..How can you "basically" admit you're bi?

To me T'eo will be fine in the pro's. He can be in a 3-4 defense where another LB can take on blocks similar to how Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis work for each other. As for running a 4.8 it's not a big deal with an ILB. And Coach Harbaugh is frontin' b/c everyone knows and as I predicted months ago - he is heavily on the radar of Baltimore. The best way to get people disinterested in Te'o and try to have him fall to 32 is to react like that..

Yo can I get a quick overview of your boy Shariff Floyd - who you predicted as a top pick and it seems you will be right on that.
    Ravens wont take Teo count on that its Arthur Brown as the top ILB for them if hes not there at 32(which i doubt he will be) trade back or take Kevin Minter, Teo needs a amazing pro-day. I mean he said he was never gay, but he never said he wasnt bi...and the whole dead girlfriend thing still has red flags about it. He didnt bench just a lot of thinks that make u say hmmm? he came in shorter and not as heavy as he said claims he somehow knocked 2-3 WHOLE seconds off today in his 40...you dont go from 4.81 to a 4.5 or 4.6 like that even a bad day most people MAYBEEEEE drop a whole second very rare usually from like a 4.81 to a 4.75 or a 4.72

As for my gators

Floyd i say he goes 4 or 5 latest 7th if the draft falls as most people tend to think. Hes a very good dT, not a NT or anything but hes very quick off the ball has good hands and a good push when he comes off the line. He can play a DE well and hes the best 3 T i think in the draft atm, his #'s are great, he was always somewhere near the backfield for us this year he didnt have a lot of sack numbers but if u go back and see how often he was in the backfield or always at the line to where he could alter the pass of the QB it was nearly every down he was making a play. Hes quick enough to play outside and strong enough to play inside, hes really has no limit as to how he can develop, Big frame big arms tree trunk legs.

Elam mid late 10's mid 20's Best Safety in the draft imo, hes very quick and explosive when Meyer recruited him he could have been a Starting RB for most teams in the NCAA, but he turned FS/SS he has quick hips and good backpeddling he can be a FS or come up at the line and play in the box and drive QB's nuts. He has a nose for the ball he makes big plays or stops big plays before they develop more often than not this year he stopped the big play and made big plays rather it be a deflection or a INT, he has the height and size you want at a S, and quick enough and smart enough to play FS. I see him being almost like a Ed Reed in the future or a Gholston from the 49ers.

Gilly good RB not the quickest hard runner think he ran a 4.5 something, which isnt bad or great for RB's he has a good weight, and always runs hard excels in a pro style where he can follow his blockers very smart player always hits the hole hes a 1 cut back he doesnt dance for yards will lower his head and run u over. He will be a good 5-6th round back with good value, he wont be a starter but he could easily be a good 2nd string RB

Reed well...he should have stayed as i said earlier in the year ALL THE TALENT IN THE WORLD, expect he cant put it together he isnt the quickest he isnt the smoothest in pass catches he jumps and fights for yards when he has no where to go, He has a great frame with his height and weight, very good In-line TE not a good blocker so you cant depend on him to be a every down TE. He can line up in the slot some if you want to line him up there as a mismatch like Ahern. Hes a project TE could be great 2-3 years from now, but hes not a starting inline TE atm. Hes very smart with coverages so it amazes me how he cant put it together i guess bc hes played TE 2-3years he was A QB when urban recruited him coveted to TE when Brantley went down last year Burton and Reed did a lot of Wildcat and reed always called the coverage out for burton so like i said 2-3 years he can be a star but not anytime soon. 6th round imo

Bostic - very impressive 40 yard with a 4.57 and a 4.50 hes a good Coverage LB he isnt a great blitzer but hes great in coverage would be a great MLB, in a nickel to cover the TE. He has good ball skills for a guy his size and has a good head on his shoulders he works hard and he studys tape a lot he will be a servicable LB in the NFL great for coverage and okay in a 3-4 he can blitz but not well, but is big enough to shed blocks and cover a HB/TE. late 4th
    Last edited by limelight543; 02-26-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Chiefs pick up Alex Smith

http://on-msn.com/12bcvg1

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.

Abortion Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by limelight543 View Post
    Ravens wont take Teo count on that its Arthur Brown as the top ILB for them if hes not there at 32(which i doubt he will be) trade back or take Kevin Minter, Teo needs a amazing pro-day. I mean he said he was never gay, but he never said he wasnt bi...and the whole dead girlfriend thing still has red flags about it. He didnt bench just a lot of thinks that make u say hmmm? he came in shorter and not as heavy as he said claims he somehow knocked 2-3 WHOLE seconds off today in his 40...you dont go from 4.81 to a 4.5 or 4.6 like that even a bad day most people MAYBEEEEE drop a whole second very rare usually from like a 4.81 to a 4.75 or a 4.72

As for my gators

Floyd i say he goes 4 or 5 latest 7th if the draft falls as most people tend to think. Hes a very good dT, not a NT or anything but hes very quick off the ball has good hands and a good push when he comes off the line. He can play a DE well and hes the best 3 T i think in the draft atm, his #'s are great, he was always somewhere near the backfield for us this year he didnt have a lot of sack numbers but if u go back and see how often he was in the backfield or always at the line to where he could alter the pass of the QB it was nearly every down he was making a play. Hes quick enough to play outside and strong enough to play inside, hes really has no limit as to how he can develop, Big frame big arms tree trunk legs.

Elam mid late 10's mid 20's Best Safety in the draft imo, hes very quick and explosive when Meyer recruited him he could have been a Starting RB for most teams in the NCAA, but he turned FS/SS he has quick hips and good backpeddling he can be a FS or come up at the line and play in the box and drive QB's nuts. He has a nose for the ball he makes big plays or stops big plays before they develop more often than not this year he stopped the big play and made big plays rather it be a deflection or a INT, he has the height and size you want at a S, and quick enough and smart enough to play FS. I see him being almost like a Ed Reed in the future or a Gholston from the 49ers.

Gilly good RB not the quickest hard runner think he ran a 4.5 something, which isnt bad or great for RB's he has a good weight, and always runs hard excels in a pro style where he can follow his blockers very smart player always hits the hole hes a 1 cut back he doesnt dance for yards will lower his head and run u over. He will be a good 5-6th round back with good value, he wont be a starter but he could easily be a good 2nd string RB

Reed well...he should have stayed as i said earlier in the year ALL THE TALENT IN THE WORLD, expect he cant put it together he isnt the quickest he isnt the smoothest in pass catches he jumps and fights for yards when he has no where to go, He has a great frame with his height and weight, very good In-line TE not a good blocker so you cant depend on him to be a every down TE. He can line up in the slot some if you want to line him up there as a mismatch like Ahern. Hes a project TE could be great 2-3 years from now, but hes not a starting inline TE atm. Hes very smart with coverages so it amazes me how he cant put it together i guess bc hes played TE 2-3years he was A QB when urban recruited him coveted to TE when Brantley went down last year Burton and Reed did a lot of Wildcat and reed always called the coverage out for burton so like i said 2-3 years he can be a star but not anytime soon. 6th round imo

Bostic - very impressive 40 yard with a 4.57 and a 4.50 hes a good Coverage LB he isnt a great blitzer but hes great in coverage would be a great MLB, in a nickel to cover the TE. He has good ball skills for a guy his size and has a good head on his shoulders he works hard and he studys tape a lot he will be a servicable LB in the NFL great for coverage and okay in a 3-4 he can blitz but not well, but is big enough to shed blocks and cover a HB/TE. late 4th
    Hey man I appreciate your input - good stuff bro. We'll see about the Ravens - maybe they resign Ellerbee and McClain heals up as he was looking real good before the injury...As for your T'eo 40 yd dash thing - he wasn't saying he was a whole second faster. That's impossible. He was saying he was a tenth of a second faster. or two .10 of a second faster. Which is completely doable. Most guys who run slow times at the combine make it up at pro day. Including Florida's own - Joe Haden and Brandon Spikes. Spikes ran a damn 5.00 - I don't see you crying about that. Haden ran a 4.6 and then a 4.4 at pro day. Did you cry? You just don't like Manti because he's fruity and possibly bi-sexual. lol

And all your draft profiles are spot on - you should've said their Full names so you could educate people who don't know who you're talking about..And I think you messed up on the in-line tight end thing for Jordan Reed. He's not an in-line prospect imo. Meaning you don't necessarily want to play him on the line which is an in-line TE. He's more of a move TE/Hybrid slot receiver just like my dude Aaron Hernandez. But other than that - good stuff on your Gators..

Kansas City Chiefs: Stock up!!

Posted on February 27, 2013 by Uptown Murf at www.d3murf.wordpress.com (Please read this on the blog and holla at me)

In full disclosure, I am a big Andy Reid fan. I love his pedigree and philosophy on all things football. In my opinion he is the best quarterbacks coach in the NFL. He made the likes of AJ Feeley, Jeff Garcia and to a lesser degree – Michael Vick – all have really good seasons. His system is very QB friendly and is not based on big time arm strength. It’s a rhythm and timing offense based off West Coast principles. A quick study of game film will reveal a lot of three and five step drops that allows the receivers to catch the ball quickly and break tackles. His move to the Kansas City Chiefs will pay dividends in the not so distant future. Today was the first sign of that proclamation coming true. In my opinion lol.

According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports (But first reported by my guy Jason La Confora of CBS Sports) the Kansas City Chiefs have landed Alex Smith of the San Francisco 49ers in a trade for the 34th overall pick and a conditional pick TBD later. Listening to Sports Radio 810 am in Kansas City, I can see that their fan base has very mixed opinions on this trade. The Chiefs hold the first overall selection in this coming draft and are in position to select a franchise QB out of the college ranks. Now all signs point to them either drafting help on the offensive line (I.E. Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M) or possibly trading the pick to accumulate more picks. Although I can see the former happening rather than the latter.

A former number one overall selection in his own right, Alex Smith has been maligned for much of his career. His team has gone through coach after coach and offensive system after offensive system. Just when it seems as though both Smith and the 49ers were finally building something special, he had the proverbial rug pulled out from underneath him. in 2011, after posting the best stats of his career under new head coach Jim Harbaugh, which included; 17 TD’s opposed to 5 Int’s, a 61.3% completion percentage for a 90.7 rating, a 13-3 record, the first playoff win in over a decade with a trip to the NFC championship game. Smith was replaced half way through the 2012 season by 2nd year phenom, Colin Kaepernick, who proceeded to take the Niners one step further to the Super Bowl. Smith wasn’t replaced by poor play. After 7 games he had 13 TD’s and 5 INT’s with a whopping 70.1% completion rate. As a matter of fact, his 104.1 QB rating was league leading at the time of his demotion. Smith was a victim of circumstance. Usually when new coaches come they like to use players they’ve scouted for their particular system. Jim Harbaugh, a former NFL QB and known QB guru had drafted Kaepernick in the 2nd round of the previous draft. Kaepernick has a cannon for an arm and Lamborghini wheels for legs. Those aforementioned attributes allow for an explosive run based, down-field offensive system. Smith on the other hand has good but not great mobility. And an average arm as far as the ability to achieve maximum velocity on his throws. He’s seen as more of a game manager than a game breaker. A QB based on rhythm, timing and accuracy. Sound familiar?

Andy Reid and Alex Smith are a perfect combination to lead the Kansas City Chiefs back to prominence. He is a perfect fit in Reid’s West Coast offense. The Chiefs coming off a horrible season record wise still managed to have six players in the pro bowl! They are a talented team on defense with some major pieces on offense. They have a budding superstar at Running Back, Jamaal Charles, who is entering his 5th season of play and is only 25 years old. Charles who missed 99% of the 2011 season with a torn acl, bounced back in 2012 to the tune of 1,509 yards gained with 5 TD’s. If not for the Adrian Peterson’s record-breaking season coming off his own ACL injury – Charles would have garnered more national attention for such a great comeback season. The Chiefs also possess one of the best offensive lines in the National Football League. Quite frankly, they are built much like the two participants in this past super bowl. Both the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers have superior offensive and defensive line play. The Chiefs can lay claim to that as well. The difference from being the worst team in the league as the Chiefs were, to the best as the Ravens are, can be formulated by who’s coaching and who’s quarterbacking their respective teams. With the combination of a veteran QB who seems to be hitting his stride along with a seasoned coach who is known to get the best out of veteran QB’s. I see no reason why the Kansas City Chiefs stock isn’t on the rise. February 27th, 2013 is the day that changed the fortune for that historic franchise.

Uptown Murf

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Kansas City Chiefs: Stock up!!

Posted on February 27, 2013 by Uptown Murf at www.d3murf.wordpress.com (Please read this on the blog and holla at me)

In full disclosure, I am a big Andy Reid fan. I love his pedigree and philosophy on all things football. In my opinion he is the best quarterbacks coach in the NFL. He made the likes of AJ Feeley, Jeff Garcia and to a lesser degree – Michael Vick – all have really good seasons. His system is very QB friendly and is not based on big time arm strength. It’s a rhythm and timing offense based off West Coast principles. A quick study of game film will reveal a lot of three and five step drops that allows the receivers to catch the ball quickly and break tackles. His move to the Kansas City Chiefs will pay dividends in the not so distant future. Today was the first sign of that proclamation coming true. In my opinion lol.

According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports (But first reported by my guy Jason La Confora of CBS Sports) the Kansas City Chiefs have landed Alex Smith of the San Francisco 49ers in a trade for the 34th overall pick and a conditional pick TBD later. Listening to Sports Radio 810 am in Kansas City, I can see that their fan base has very mixed opinions on this trade. The Chiefs hold the first overall selection in this coming draft and are in position to select a franchise QB out of the college ranks. Now all signs point to them either drafting help on the offensive line (I.E. Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M) or possibly trading the pick to accumulate more picks. Although I can see the former happening rather than the latter.

A former number one overall selection in his own right, Alex Smith has been maligned for much of his career. His team has gone through coach after coach and offensive system after offensive system. Just when it seems as though both Smith and the 49ers were finally building something special, he had the proverbial rug pulled out from underneath him. in 2011, after posting the best stats of his career under new head coach Jim Harbaugh, which included; 17 TD’s opposed to 5 Int’s, a 61.3% completion percentage for a 90.7 rating, a 13-3 record, the first playoff win in over a decade with a trip to the NFC championship game. Smith was replaced half way through the 2012 season by 2nd year phenom, Colin Kaepernick, who proceeded to take the Niners one step further to the Super Bowl. Smith wasn’t replaced by poor play. After 7 games he had 13 TD’s and 5 INT’s with a whopping 70.1% completion rate. As a matter of fact, his 104.1 QB rating was league leading at the time of his demotion. Smith was a victim of circumstance. Usually when new coaches come they like to use players they’ve scouted for their particular system. Jim Harbaugh, a former NFL QB and known QB guru had drafted Kaepernick in the 2nd round of the previous draft. Kaepernick has a cannon for an arm and Lamborghini wheels for legs. Those aforementioned attributes allow for an explosive run based, down-field offensive system. Smith on the other hand has good but not great mobility. And an average arm as far as the ability to achieve maximum velocity on his throws. He’s seen as more of a game manager than a game breaker. A QB based on rhythm, timing and accuracy. Sound familiar?

Andy Reid and Alex Smith are a perfect combination to lead the Kansas City Chiefs back to prominence. He is a perfect fit in Reid’s West Coast offense. The Chiefs coming off a horrible season record wise still managed to have six players in the pro bowl! They are a talented team on defense with some major pieces on offense. They have a budding superstar at Running Back, Jamaal Charles, who is entering his 5th season of play and is only 25 years old. Charles who missed 99% of the 2011 season with a torn acl, bounced back in 2012 to the tune of 1,509 yards gained with 5 TD’s. If not for the Adrian Peterson’s record-breaking season coming off his own ACL injury – Charles would have garnered more national attention for such a great comeback season. The Chiefs also possess one of the best offensive lines in the National Football League. Quite frankly, they are built much like the two participants in this past super bowl. Both the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers have superior offensive and defensive line play. The Chiefs can lay claim to that as well. The difference from being the worst team in the league as the Chiefs were, to the best as the Ravens are, can be formulated by who’s coaching and who’s quarterbacking their respective teams. With the combination of a veteran QB who seems to be hitting his stride along with a seasoned coach who is known to get the best out of veteran QB’s. I see no reason why the Kansas City Chiefs stock isn’t on the rise. February 27th, 2013 is the day that changed the fortune for that historic franchise.

Uptown Murf

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

+ Reply to Thread