+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jordan on Lebron, Kobe and Durant

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Default Michael Jordan on Lebron, Kobe and Durant

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

how has this not got a comment yet?

funniest sh1t i've seen all week with 150+ thread views and nobody cracked the fuk up as much as i did???

WTF

Reading the comments on the video it looks funny as **** and I would like to watch it but it's saying I have to log into Facebook to do so. And I deactivated my account a few months ago because 90% of people on there are ****in annoying as **** and/or straight up idiots. And I'm not gonna reactivate my acct for a video haha. So I'll look it up on YouTube when I get some time.

I don't have facebook....

I am not on facebook and I watched it. Was hilarious. The funny thing is I can see Mike saying pretty much all of that, but not in an actual TV interview. If he was just hanging out with Charles Oakley that would have been the conversation.

i have no facebook & saw it yesterday.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/denn...-lebron-james/

Basketball Hall of Famer, North Korea ambassador and unique human being Dennis Rodman has decided someone needed to say it: LeBron James obviously would be an average NBA player in the 1980s or 1990s.

You see, as Rodman explained Friday on The Dan Patrick Show, James plays in an era when basketball has gone soft. Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen (and presumably Dennis Rodman) were playing in a real era and therefore are better than the four-time MVP.

“LeBron came into the age of the game at a perfect time. Michael came into the game when back then you could hit people, knock him down, shoot a free throw and get back up,” Rodman said. “And LeBron can’t do that. All they do today is (complain) about a foul.”

Rodman presumably has knocked James down and had him not get back up.

“If LeBron was playing in the late ’80s and early ’90s, he would be just an average player,” Rodman said. “LeBron is more like … there’s no flash to his game.”

For what it’s worth, Tracy McGrady, a former NBA scoring champ, current San Antonio Spurs reserve and much more normal human being, sort of agreed with Rodman on Friday in Miami.

“It’s different then it was,” McGrady told USA TODAY Sports’ Alex Kennedy. “Then, when I came in ’97, you had men in the league. There’s a lot of boys in this league now. And that’s what I’ve been trying to tell guys when they’ve been asking me questions about LeBron and Jordan. I’m like, ‘Come on man, y’all can’t be serious.’ This man MJ was playing against grown men out there. There’s a lot of boys in the league right now. That seems to be the difference.”
    The author makes it seem like this is a bunch of BS, but the picture he uses to show how "awesome and great" LeBron is, is him getting a uncontested dunk that just looks fancy.
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.

“No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.”

Rodman is an idiot most of the time but he has it dead right. I would LOVE to see Lebron with his boo hoo act deal with the late 80's Pistons or early 90's Knicks. Guy would retire on the spot...

Not to mention that hand checking was allowed and a flagrant foul wasn't called unless someone's leg was broken or a serious blood geyser was shooting off them somewhere....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

If anyone really thinks Lebron would be nothing more than just average, no matter what time period he played in, then they are either nothing more than a hater, or just plain dumb. The guy is an athletic freak, and a monster of a human being. He is faster and stronger than about 98% of the guys who played in the era Rodman is referring to, and has more athleticism in general then probably 100% of them. And he would be just as big, if not bigger, than most too.

Here's what I don't get, why is it automatically assumed that Lebron would be playing the exact style of ball he plays now, if he was playing back then. I would be willing to bet that had he came up during the same times that those players did, he would play the exact same way they did as well. If anything, James would be even more unstoppable back then, as he would play just as rough as the rest of the league did, and would overpower basically anyone that tried to get physical with him.

It's funny how a guy gets bashed for the era he plays in. I think that may be a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    If anyone really thinks Lebron would be nothing more than just average, no matter what time period he played in, then they are either nothing more than a hater, or just plain dumb. The guy is an athletic freak, and a monster of a human being. He is faster and stronger than about 98% of the guys who played in the era Rodman is referring to, and has more athleticism in general then probably 100% of them. And he would be just as big, if not bigger, than most too.

Here's what I don't get, why is it automatically assumed that Lebron would be playing the exact style of ball he plays now, if he was playing back then. I would be willing to bet that had he came up during the same times that those players did, he would play the exact same way they did as well. If anything, James would be even more unstoppable back then, as he would play just as rough as the rest of the league did, and would overpower basically anyone that tried to get physical with him.

It's funny how a guy gets bashed for the era he plays in. I think that may be a new one.
    I completely agree. You go with what the game is. The game has changed leaps and bounds from the old days. People get away with what they can get away with. And since the game has changed so much so have the players. I have no doubts in my mind that Lebron would be just as dominant back then as he is now.

+ Reply to Thread