+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Silva vs Weidman possible for July 6th card..

Who hates Anderson Silva? Arguing about if, or if not, Weidman is a legit title contender doesn't take anything away from Anderson Silva. I don't recall one thread where anyone doubts his greatness and its always a bunch of people claiming fighters x,y, and z don't deserve a shot while at the same time saying Anderson shouldn't fight Bones, shouldn't fight this guy, shouldn't fight Chael but of course he needs to fight the much smaller GSP.

I guess it would be better if Anderson NEVER fought again and then people could masturbate to his record and talk about him being awesome.
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. ~Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by mhsh View Post
    I am excited for this fight. Weidman has the tools to make it happen. I would really liked to have seen him fight one more top guy; just to get a gauge of what he is made of. I think he is likely a better version of Chael with a better submission game and submission defense.

If I am not mistaken Weidman holds NCAA victories over Phil Davis and Ryan Bader both.
    Agree but am happy he is getting the fight now instead of risking a loss against someone else.
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. ~Elvis

Dude ...a lot of people claimed Anderson was ducking Weidman. Hell,

even Weidman made that claim.

This is gonna be another great thread

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.
    American outlaw, since birth, till death.
    king of the derelicts
    i am honkey kong
    Abortion Inc.

I never thought Anderson was in a big hurry to fight elite wrestlers. I still think he is the greatest fighter ever but he definitely doesn't sign as quickly to fight an elite wrestler as opposed to a striker. Just my opinion, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by adamg2001 View Post
    I never thought Anderson was in a big hurry to fight elite wrestlers. I still think he is the greatest fighter ever but he definitely doesn't sign as quickly to fight an elite wrestler as opposed to a striker. Just my opinion, obviously.
    didnt anderson originally turn this fight down when dana originally proposed it??

i remember anderson saying that he didn't want to fight weidman because weidman didnt have enough name recognition.
    "doesn't nothing ever last forever?"

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Kint View Post
    didnt anderson originally turn this fight down when dana originally proposed it??

i remember anderson saying that he didn't want to fight weidman because weidman didnt have enough name recognition.
    Yes, but you are a Silva hating bastard for mentioning it! How dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    Silva ducking Weidman my ass. The UFC was waiting to do an Anderson vs Rashad Super Fight but Rashad obviously sucked against Nog so now this fight is on. Zuffa decides who Anderson fights people.
    Thank you for being the voice of reason. The Man(as in Anderson silva) scared & ducking a pup in the game thatís hasnít been getting it done nearly the same way as bones was at that point in his career? I know you guys hate Anderson for whatever reason but use your heads not the hate you have for him and thereís no way you give this fight to Weidman & youíll have to laugh at the idea of him ducking the guy.
    Fav 3:
    The Dragon (True Mixed Martial Artist)
    The Spider (Best of all time)
    The Reem (anybody have a chin to loan)

Most hated:
    Chael (WWE wanna be tool)
    Nick Diaz (Unprofessional & overrated)
    Bisping (Thank you Hendo)

What is ducking? ducking simply means: Avoiding someone or something

Was Anderson trying to avoid Weidman for any reason? Yes...

Does ducking automatically mean Anderson is scared of the fight? No.

Anderson was avoiding the fight b/c it was higher risk versus low reward. Weidman has tools no other opponent Anderson has faced does outside of Chael. However, he is also green as f*ck so what's the reward? Anderson beats a newbie, exactly like he should, if he loses, his record is tarnished forever. I'm not saying Anderson is wrong for not wanting the fight but this is common practice for him and it is annoying as f*ck, he is the only current champ that is that whiny about his opponents so it makes him look weak.

People pretending like he doesn't have a say in who he fights are mildly retarded as well, they can't force him to do sh!t, Anderson is set for life and never has to fight again, he doesnt have to fight anybody if he doesn't want to so saying this wasnt his fault, it is the UFC's fault are jus as naive as the guys who think Anderson is scared to fight Weidman.

That's the other thing that irks me. Anderson could straight up say no to a fight for 14 months and people would call him a duck. if he takes the fight on the 15th month, it doesn't mean he wasn't avoiding the fight. That line of thinking is absurd, jusb2c somebody eventually does something doesn't mean they were always for it and should never be considered a duck.

Look at how much crap Tito got from the whole Chuck fiasco, people calls him a duck forever, even after he took the fight, yet if it is Lord Anderson, "nah man, see, I told you, I old you Anderson doesn't duck anybody, f*ck yeah man!!!!"

+ Reply to Thread