+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do you Fight?

Default Why do you Fight?

Why do you Fight?

Let's Go Red Wings

2x Former ACFL Champion
    The Outlaws - 4-time Defending IFFL Champions (11-4)
    ACFL Record: 31-27-3
    MMAF Record: 22-22-2
    EFCF Record: 13-16-1

To explain the love I hold for MMA in one word is impossible. This is a sport I grew up loving to watch, loving to sit down with friends and enjoy, loving to sit on my computer at 3 in the morning waiting for the next fight to start. Being around the sport for so long and being a fan of the way this sport has evolved and changed over time has truly been a gift. To even begin to describe the love I feel when watching a fight can almost bring a tear to my eye knowing that a fighter stepped into that cage or ring knowing they could possibly be hurt and overcoming any doubts, any possibilities of defeat, any obstacles in their way for that 15 minutes where they let themselves free. We don't compete in this sport for the pleasure of hurting another person, we don't compete in this sport to beat people up, true fighters compete in this sport because they love to step inside and show themselves as the person they are. I don't compete because of the fame, I don't compete because of the money I could make, I compete because I want to show my love for the sport and show my dedication to this sport. When I step in the cage, I put my body on the line, I put my mind on the line and I put my heart on display for anyone who will watch our beautiful sport. I compete because I love this sport. I compete because I want to prove to myself that I have a hunger inside of me to achieve the greatest successes in life and no matter what happens when those cage doors close, I will bring everything I have into that fight. I won't hold anything back, I won't regret anything I put forth because I know in my heart that I gave it my all, I gave it everything I had until I couldn't give anything else. I fight in the cage like I fight in my life, I have been through so much lately, but I know that I have the will, the motivation and the heart to push through any adversity standing in my way to achieve what I want for myself. I fight to prove to myself that I have whatever it takes to keep going, to keep fighting for what is important in my life. This sport I hold so dearly has helped me evolve and change as a person for over ten years and it will continue to mold me as a person, a friend and a family member. To me, MMA is a means of breaking through any boundaries I might have in life and to continue on with the same strength that I compete in the cage with. There is no one who can hold me back, there is no one who can defeat me, when I know I cannot be defeated. I fight for pride, I fight for emotion, I fight because I love it. This is why I fight.

Let's Go Red Wings

2x Former ACFL Champion
    The Outlaws - 4-time Defending IFFL Champions (11-4)
    ACFL Record: 31-27-3
    MMAF Record: 22-22-2
    EFCF Record: 13-16-1

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

Got any tapes of your fights?
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

Good stuff man this could be the opening narrative for the next season of TUF, in Morgan Freemans voice, "why do I fight? To explain the love... This is why I fight."

For me, it's one of the only things I'm good at and love to do. I didn't think I'd end up actually fighting though - I mean I dabbled with some unsanctioned amateur stuff in my earlier 20s just because I was a crazy kid and bored mostly but I always told myself it was childish and delusional to actually pursue. Childish in my mind because it was this obsession that I had as a child, wanting to be these "fighters" from fakes to real deals, martial arts movies (got me into karate) and professional wrestling lead into boxing and real wrestling then eventually I discovered the UFC and Pride/muay thai and jiu jitsu. (esp. Pride I remember staying up all night and only being able to find the audio for early Pride events when their PPV wasn't available through my cable and just sitting there listening to my favorite fighters go to war before I could actually watch the fights) So I went every other direction with my life thinking I was smart enough to make my living another way, martial arts could always be some sort of hobby, but I found no purpose or fulfillment outside of the gym and the further I'd stray from this sport, the more trouble I'd get myself into.. when I finally returned to training, it was like the stars aligned, everything in my life came together. That's why I'm fighting now,

just booked my first official fight it'll be in WXC (http://www.warriorxtreme.com/home.htm) 4/19 online PPV if anyone is interested, I'm sure I'll be able to post a video of it a few days after the event either way

+ Reply to Thread