+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my own thread to brag

Default my own thread to brag

didn't want to highjack brian's thread, but i wanted to be selfish and post about a personal accomplishment to the homies on the T/C side

yesterday i got to be in the shark tank and help out in my teammate John Moraga's camp to fight Mighty Mouse.

obviously, seeing a teammate make it to the UFC championship is very inspiring, to see how far dedication can take you.
    but being that i am selfish like most of us, i was more humbled and inspired when i thought about myself, and how far i've personally come since I first became a fan of the sport.

about 7 years ago, i became a fan of MMA. i was just a fat kid that i thought i knew something because of kung fu nonsense.
    the reality was that i knew nothing about scrapping, i had no toughness, no discipline, and i was fat and weak.

but i started training about 6 years ago, partly due to this forum. i puked during every hard workout for years, i'm still relatively weak and fat.

but i developed some toughness, i am working on my discipline, and i never did quit
    and now i'm getting the chance to help my homie get ready for the biggest fight of his life.

this side of the board, and the general cameraderie amongst the posters over here has definitely been very positive for me over the years, just being able to ask questions about anything, from when i first started until now

fighting/training really does make people's lives better, and i can't think of better evidence then just talking to people involved in the sport and seeing how cool they usually are, in forums like this or in person at the gym.

post vids & some numbers of your bench, squat, & dl or it didn't happened.

fighting/training really does make people's lives better, and i can't think of better evidence then just talking to people involved in the sport and seeing how cool they usually are, in forums like this or in person at the gym.
    isn't it funny that the longer you trained, the more you know about actual effective fighting, the more mellow you become & the less you want to be in confrontational situations?

also, did you stick with acs or did you went with dantas?

good stuff aj.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

i stayed with ACS for money reasons, but i'm helping Varner out with the amateur MMA guys now as an assistant coach so i get to train for free, so i'm going to try to get over to Gustavo's place to do some gi when i can.

and its definitely funny to see the difference between guys that have trained for years and newbies, in terms of temperament and being secure with yourself

that's awesome. teaching & training for free is a great gig even w/out the pay.

if you're single.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

I hate to admit that I have no clue who John Moraga is.. obviously he's fighting for the belt, and I loathe Mighty Mouse so I'm definitely rooting for your boy, but regardless, that's pretty incredible to be a part of something that monumental, finding something you're passionate about is hard enough in this world, but to pursue it in any fashion, to not give up when life gives you ever opportunity to quit, yeah man you have something to brag about right here I hope Moraga finds a way to finish the gnat

Feels good to sit back and take it all in once in a while. You should be proud of what you've accomplished and the situation you've carved out for yourself.

+ Reply to Thread