+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: Johny Hendricks vs Carlos Condit

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    2,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    I have went on record in saying I don't believe Anderson has truly ducked anybody but that he acts like a diva when it comes to his match-ups and that is 100% true. He didn't want to give Chael a rematch for the longest time, he wouldn't grant Henderson a rematch (although there is some discrepancies in that story), he was wishy-washy on granting Vitor a title shot, and he basically came out and said he wasn't fighting Weidman.

    He was also sitting on a title contender while waiting for a guy a weight class below him to move up in weight to face him. However, when he was asked about moving to a weight class above his (where he has actually fought 2 times) to face the champion, he balked repeatedly. He eventually said he would fight Bones (for 50% of the PPV) so I give him pseudo props for that.

    Now, has GSP ever acted like that before this Diaz fight? Absolutely not, he has defended his title to whomever they placed in front of him and never once complained (or if he did, nothing like SIlva). Wo when somebody tries to bring up bullcrap like GSP is ducking somebody but absolutely ignores the facts about Anderson, it is hypocritical and something that I point out on a regular basis. I don't truly think Anderson is ducking any fighter (although I think he is hesitant to fight Bones and he should be, same as GSP with Anderson) but he certainly acted like it several times and even Dana has stated Anderson is very difficult to deal with leading up to fights.

    I think somebody could with said observations that saying Anderson is ducking somebody is a little overkill (and I probably have admitted to it in the past) but nobody can argue that he acts like a spoiled brat when it comes to who he fights and when he fights them, it gets annoying as a fan to see a champ act that way.
    Perhaps you have backed off those claims now that Anderson mopped the floor with Chael, but you were one of the main ones screaming Anderson was ducking. Being a tough negotiator doesn't make you a duck. Anderson has fought everyone that has been placed in front of him. He has fought almost every style of fighter that there is to fight, and moved up in weight multiple times. The Chael fight is the silliest complaint of them all. Chael was suspended for a year. When he came back, they were supposed to put him on TUF against Bisping. The only reason that didn't happen was because Nevada wouldn't let him. Anderson was already locked into a match with Okami, and then he was going to wait on the Chael /Bisping winner the next year. He was never going to fight Chael earlier than he did. They were trying to stack a card in Brazil for him the same as they stack cards in Canada for GSP. Acting like that was Anderson ducking is just silly, especially when Anderson did fight Chael and finished him again. If Anderson would have fought Bisping instead of Chael because he already beat Chael and to him Bisping won the fight no matter what the judges said, maybe I give you more credence on that. I don't think GSP is actually ducking either, but what he has done is infinitely more questionable than any tough negotiating Anderson has done.

    PS. Dana has also said Anderson could not care less who he fights, and a lot of the things he says are just to mess with the media.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Floyd1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    5,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NCJ View Post
    Perhaps you have backed off those claims now that Anderson mopped the floor with Chael, but you were one of the main ones screaming Anderson was ducking. Being a tough negotiator doesn't make you a duck. Anderson has fought everyone that has been placed in front of him. He has fought almost every style of fighter that there is to fight, and moved up in weight multiple times. The Chael fight is the silliest complaint of them all. Chael was suspended for a year. When he came back, they were supposed to put him on TUF against Bisping. The only reason that didn't happen was because Nevada wouldn't let him. Anderson was already locked into a match with Okami, and then he was going to wait on the Chael /Bisping winner the next year. He was never going to fight Chael earlier than he did. They were trying to stack a card in Brazil for him the same as they stack cards in Canada for GSP. Acting like that was Anderson ducking is just silly, especially when Anderson did fight Chael and finished him again. If Anderson would have fought Bisping instead of Chael because he already beat Chael and to him Bisping won the fight no matter what the judges said, maybe I give you more credence on that. I don't think GSP is actually ducking either, but what he has done is infinitely more questionable than any tough negotiating Anderson has done.

    PS. Dana has also said Anderson could not care less who he fights, and a lot of the things he says are just to mess with the media.
    Dude, Anderson said multiple times he didn't want to fight Chael again and I remember guys like Budo saying he was doing it to show Chael what's up. People were excusing Anderson blatantly refusing a Chael rematch as showing the loudmouth who is in charge. Anderson has shown a tendancy to do this with his tough fights....

    You know what, I'm not rehashing this nonsense again. How Anderson has behaved with his competition is in a whole different ballpark as to what GSP did in this fight against Diaz. This is the perfect example of how people think opinions shouldn't be questioned, I'm stating what happened and interpreting it based on past behavior, GSP has not shown the propensity to this type of behavior.
    .............

  3. #43
    Senior Member OliG83v.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zakath View Post
    Good point. You're entitled to your own opinion but you're not entitled to your own facts.
    Completely agree!

    Hence why I say things like:

    "It still baffles me how people find the guy exciting?!"

    You guys can pay PPV money to watch paint drying for all I care, I just wish you'd stop telling me how wrong I am about my own opinion!

    Oh but you're only doing that because it's "stupid"?! Once again, your opinion (of my opinion) doesn't make it more valid!

    No Floyd, I know the difference between you and jasper. Jasper is a blind, unadultarated nuthugger, where as you are a nuthugger who pretends he's not a nuthugger! Hence why I prefer jasper! At least he's honest.

    I really don't care if you're putting me on blast or not, I'm a big boy, I can take it!

  4. #44
    Senior Member Floyd1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    5,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OliG83v.2 View Post
    Completely agree!

    Hence why I say things like:

    "It still baffles me how people find the guy exciting?!"

    You guys can pay PPV money to watch paint drying for all I care, I just wish you'd stop telling me how wrong I am about my own opinion!

    Oh but you're only doing that because it's "stupid"?! Once again, your opinion (of my opinion) doesn't make it more valid!

    No Floyd, I know the difference between you and jasper. Jasper is a blind, unadultarated nuthugger, where as you are a nuthugger who pretends he's not a nuthugger! Hence why I prefer jasper! At least he's honest.

    I really don't care if you're putting me on blast or not, I'm a big boy, I can take it!
    This is why you get called a troll. Nobody is even saying GSP is exciting or that you should like his fights. I even said I can see why people find him boring now even two posts ago. The only point I was making was about him "ducking" somebody and how that is an asinine argument.

    Do you pay attention to that? No, you make up an argument that nobody made and decide to argue with yourself while calling others a nuthuggers for something they didnt even comment on. You sir, are incorrigible.
    .............

  5. #45
    Senior Member OliG83v.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    I wasn't addressing you, was I?

    Anyway, jasper often tells me how wrong I am and how the guy is exciting! Sorry, I didn't realise that we can only talk about what is said in that particular thread?!

    Anyway, you are right, I can't be improved! Smiley face!

  6. #46
    Member zakath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NB
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OliG83v.2 View Post
    Completely agree!

    Hence why I say things like:

    "It still baffles me how people find the guy exciting?!"

    You guys can pay PPV money to watch paint drying for all I care, I just wish you'd stop telling me how wrong I am about my own opinion!
    I wouldn't argue with you if you just said that...it when you go on to say things in the vein of 'GSP never tries to finish because he's scared' or 'is a L 'n P pussy who gets a pass from the refs because he always fights in Canada'. Do you see the difference? In one case - you're baffled someone could find him exciting - that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. In the other case you're attempting to pass off as fact something that is demonstrably false.

    Oh...and Condit beats Hendricks. Can't wait for this fight.
    Last edited by zakath; 02-21-2013 at 07:51 AM.

  7. #47
    Senior Member OliG83v.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zakath View Post
    I wouldn't argue with you if you just said that...it when you go on to say things in the vein of 'GSP never tries to finish because he's scared' or 'is a L 'n P pussy who gets a pass from the refs because he always fights in Canada'. Do you see the difference? In one case - you're baffled someone could find him exciting - that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. In the other case you're attempting to pass off as fact something that is demonstrably false.

    Oh...and Condit beats Hendricks. Can't wait for this fight.
    Ok, well from now on....please add the following words to the front of each of my posts regarding GSP:

    "In my opinion..."

    Pray tell me how I "attempt to pass off as fact..." anything that I say? Do I say in each post: "It is 100% fact that..."

    Nope, didn't think so. It's ALL opinion.

    That is the issue though. Everything I say is my opinion, yet you say you don't have an issue with me having my own opinion (thanks for that btw), so how can you have an issue with what I say?

    Oh because you don't LIKE what I say! So those bits you don't like, well funnily enough, those are the bits I "try to pass off as fact!"

    Funny that! Smiley face!

  8. #48
    Member zakath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NB
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OliG83v.2 View Post
    Ok, well from now on....please add the following words to the front of each of my posts regarding GSP:

    "In my opinion..."

    Pray tell me how I "attempt to pass off as fact..." anything that I say? Do I say in each post: "It is 100% fact that..."

    Nope, didn't think so. It's ALL opinion.

    That is the issue though. Everything I say is my opinion, yet you say you don't have an issue with me having my own opinion (thanks for that btw), so how can you have an issue with what I say?
    I don't care enough to go through your posts and spell it out for you. I'll not bother to debate points of fact with you as per your instruction that it's not really facts you're trying to speak of here. Carry on, thanks for clearing that up.

  9. #49
    Senior Member OliG83v.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zakath View Post
    I don't care enough to go through your posts and spell it out for you. I'll not bother to debate points of fact with you as per your instruction that it's not really facts you're trying to speak of here. Carry on, thanks for clearing that up.
    Ha ha, thought this would be the response?!

  10. #50
    Senior Member Floyd1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    5,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OliG83v.2 View Post
    Ha ha, thought this would be the response?!
    Yes, your expectation is to go through your posts and argue point by point while you cannot even link an article that has Anderson finally saying he would fight Bones, what was your response, "I don't have time to do that, use google." I don't even think you realize how inconsistent you are...

    Also, you don't have to say "it is 100% fact" for us to interpret what you believe is fact...
    .............

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts