+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks vs Carlos Condit

I predict that Diaz will puss out of the fight with GSP again and the actual card will be:
    GSP vs. Hendricks
    Condit vs. Woodley
    Marquardt vs. Ellenberger
    2007 MLB Playoffs Pick 'Em Champ
    2009 MMAF 32 Man Grand Prix Champ
    2009 MMAF Fighter of the Year
    Former MMAF Champ (4x)
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/ncarlton/vitorip5.gif

Condit DIDN'T lose to MacDonald and DIDN'T lose to Diaz. MacDonald got outworked and by his own words embarrassed. Dress it up however you like but that's the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rep View Post
    To "Zakath" Who has Carlos ever "Outworked" Don't say Nick Diaz. Carlos ran away most of that fight. Carlos did everything he could to not go to the mat with Diaz. When Diaz finally caught Condit in the 5th all he neede was about another minute an Condit loses. Condit will lose to Hendricks. Condit would have lost to McDonald. Condit is not all that.
    Diaz didn't even attempt to take Condit down until the 5th. And Condit actually had reversed an was in dominant position at the end of that round. So yes, Condit 100% outworked Diaz and even survived the late submission game of Diaz and ended the fight in the dominant position.

Great fight but tough fight for Hendricks. I hope he doesn't get pushed out of a title shot against GSP because of it, and I am saying that as a huge fan of Condit. The GSP huggers need to stop acting like losing to Condit means Hendricks wouldn't have had a shot against GSP. Styles make fights. I gave Hendricks a solid shot vs. GSP because of his one punch power and wrestling ability. I still felt GSP should have been the favorite, but also felt that guys like Hendricks and to a lesser extent Jake Ellenberger have better shots against GSP than a guy like Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, or possibly even Condit. Just because they lose to certain fighter, doesn't mean that fighter isn't a bad matchup for the champ. Just look at Werdum beating Bigfoot, losing to Overeem, and Bigfoot KO'ing Overeem. Kevin Randleman was a bad matchup for Wand or Tito in their primes, but he kept losing before he was in position to fight them. You can always throw a bad style matchup at someone to keep them from getting to the title. Condit might be that. It doesn't change the fact that Hendricks was the real number 1 contender, and the most dangerous opponent GSP could have faced when he decided he would rather have the money from the Diaz fight.
    Last edited by NCJ; 02-19-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCJ View Post
    Great fight but tough fight for Hendricks. I hope he doesn't get pushed out of a title shot against GSP because of it, and I am saying that as a huge fan of Condit. The GSP huggers need to stop acting like losing to Condit means Hendricks wouldn't have had a shot against GSP. Styles make fights. I gave Hendricks a solid shot vs. GSP because of his one punch power and wrestling ability. I still felt GSP should have been the favorite, but also felt that guys like Hendricks and to a lesser extent Jake Ellenberger have better shots against GSP than a guy like Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, or possibly even Condit. Just because they lose to certain fighter, doesn't mean that fighter isn't a bad matchup for the champ. Just look at Werdum beating Bigfoot, losing to Overeem, and Bigfoot KO'ing Overeem. Kevin Randleman was a bad matchup for Wand or Tito in their primes, but he kept losing before he was in position to fight them. You can always throw a bad style matchup at someone to keep them from getting to the title. Condit might be that. It doesn't change the face that Hendricks was the real number 1 contender, and the most dangerous opponent GSP could have faced when he decided he would rather have the money from the Diaz fight.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by NCJ View Post
    Great fight but tough fight for Hendricks. I hope he doesn't get pushed out of a title shot against GSP because of it, and I am saying that as a huge fan of Condit. The GSP huggers need to stop acting like losing to Condit means Hendricks wouldn't have had a shot against GSP. Styles make fights. I gave Hendricks a solid shot vs. GSP because of his one punch power and wrestling ability. I still felt GSP should have been the favorite, but also felt that guys like Hendricks and to a lesser extent Jake Ellenberger have better shots against GSP than a guy like Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, or possibly even Condit. Just because they lose to certain fighter, doesn't mean that fighter isn't a bad matchup for the champ. Just look at Werdum beating Bigfoot, losing to Overeem, and Bigfoot KO'ing Overeem. Kevin Randleman was a bad matchup for Wand or Tito in their primes, but he kept losing before he was in position to fight them. You can always throw a bad style matchup at someone to keep them from getting to the title. Condit might be that. It doesn't change the fact that Hendricks was the real number 1 contender, and the most dangerous opponent GSP could have faced when he decided he would rather have the money from the Diaz fight.
    I agree MMAth doesn't work. Styles make fights. Hendricks does have a better shot than those people you listed simply because of the power he possesses.

Having said that, Hendricks only has a punchers shot at beating GSP. To claim otherwise is not being realistic. Whenever he doesn't KO someone early he goes on to be in very close fights against people not in the realm of GSP's skill.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

horrible match making by the UFC. What's gonna happen if Hendricks loses? Who will be next, Condit again?
    http://forums.mmaweekly.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13630&dateline=141504  6931
    Crafting your identity since '14
    Currently on tap:
    Vanilla/Coconut Porter
    Brown Ale

Quote Originally Posted by machete View Post
    horrible match making by the UFC. What's gonna happen if Hendricks loses? Who will be next, Condit again?
    Whomever it is will deserve it more than Diaz.
    2007 MLB Playoffs Pick 'Em Champ
    2009 MMAF 32 Man Grand Prix Champ
    2009 MMAF Fighter of the Year
    Former MMAF Champ (4x)
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/ncarlton/vitorip5.gif

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    I agree MMAth doesn't work. Styles make fights. Hendricks does have a better shot than those people you listed simply because of the power he possesses.

Having said that, Hendricks only has a punchers shot at beating GSP. To claim otherwise is not being realistic. Whenever he doesn't KO someone early he goes on to be in very close fights against people not in the realm of GSP's skill.
    I wouldn't even argue that with you much. I do think Hendricks puncher's chance is better than most because he hits extremely hard, and he has the wrestling pedigree to try to keep things interesting, but GSP is the more skilled striker and grappler all around. That is why I said GSP would be a deserved favorite, but I would look at that fight at 65/35 to 75/25 GSP compared to the 80/20 to 90/10 favorite he would be against anyone else right now at WW.

Quote Originally Posted by machete View Post
    I guess Maia or we hope GSP moves up. I doubt he wants a Condit rematch that quickly.

+ Reply to Thread