+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz… Again, really?

I just hope Nick doesn't pull a Paul Daley on GSP after being held down and frustrated for 5 rounds.
    "It's hell being a straight white man in America these days." 50% of the posters on this board.

All you Nick Diaz haters do is promote for him when he no shows... and I think it works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by yolky View Post
    All you Nick Diaz haters do is promote for him when he no shows... and I think it works pretty well.

I haven't seen too much hating going on in this thread. Just people stating that doing the interviews and press conferences is part of the sport and if Diaz wants the huge money he has always complained about he better get on it.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

I like Diaz, but he's gonna get wrecked by the ghey Canuck.

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.

Abortion Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchman View Post
    Take a deep breath and calm down. I never said Nick's lawyer lied or that Nick lied.

Nick's lawyer said he was not told. My question is: Who failed to tell him? Surely you are not going to say the Zuffa simply flew a crew to Stockton without ever talking to anyone in Nick's camp. Forget Dana, everyone talks about how professional the Zuffa company is.

If Nick was not told, whoever is handling his business with Zuffa needs a kick in the ass.
    I don't believe for one second that there was a crew driving around Stockton and if you do well then... Why would DW tell John (front row) Morgan and the rest of the media sucks that Nick was awall for 3 prior Countdown Shows letting the fans and the Media think that he was not doing the show when in reality just two days prior he had spent the entire day with this same Countdown Show that was driving around Stockton looking for Nick Diaz??? That is just complete bull **** and is telling half stories just like he does all the time. I want to see this fight and the Countdown Show and it seems like the Gracie Camp does as well. Why hasn't anyone addressed this missing fact that was left out of the story, I will repeat for the final time, Nick Diaz spent the entire day with the Countdown Show on Thursday just two days before DW threw Nick Diaz and the Gracie Camp under the ****ing bus. John (front row) Morgan couldn't wait to get that beg scoop out, maybe he should stay away from the donut shop and spend a little time doing his ****ing job.

PS Nick Diaz is going to punch the ****ing lights out of GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by painter View Post
    I don't believe for one second that there was a crew driving around Stockton and if you do well then... Why would DW tell John (front row) Morgan and the rest of the media sucks that Nick was awall for 3 prior Countdown Shows letting the fans and the Media think that he was not doing the show when in reality just two days prior he had spent the entire day with this same Countdown Show that was driving around Stockton looking for Nick Diaz??? That is just complete bull **** and is telling half stories just like he does all the time. I want to see this fight and the Countdown Show and it seems like the Gracie Camp does as well. Why hasn't anyone addressed this missing fact that was left out of the story, I will repeat for the final time, Nick Diaz spent the entire day with the Countdown Show on Thursday just two days before DW threw Nick Diaz and the Gracie Camp under the ****ing bus. John (front row) Morgan couldn't wait to get that beg scoop out, maybe he should stay away from the donut shop and spend a little time doing his ****ing job.

You had me until the last line. Then you lost all credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jonas0tt0 View Post
    You had me until the last line. Then you lost all credibility.
    Anything can happen, that is why it is called a fight. Nick Diaz is a fighter no doubt, I M O the most exciting fighter in MMA.

Anything can happen, that is why it is called a fight. Nick Diaz is a fighter no doubt, I M O the most exciting fighter in MMA.
    That's fine, and a strong argument could be made for him being the most exciting fighter in MMA. The only problem is, he's never had any success at all against good wrestlers. And he's fighting the guy who has probably the best MMA applied wrestling in the sport. So to be certain he is going to smash GSP is just foolish. Pulling for your guy to win is cool, but let's keep it realistic.

You do make a good point here: On-line media rarely use old school journalistic standards. Dana's comments came, during a press conference media scrum, when somebody asked about doing a Diaz/GSP prime time. Dana makes these off the cuff remarks, getting corrected on the number of missed interviews (He initially said four, somebody off camera said it was three).

The online crew then all use that to write an article. Diaz's lawyer says it is not true and they then use that to write a new piece or amend their old piece.

Why hasn't anyone contacted Nick's management? Who did the UFC personnel talk to? If they say they never spoke to anyone from the UFC, then contact the UFC offices and ask them who they arranged the interviews with.

Do some actual legwork and find out where things went wrong. Clearly somebody dropped the ball someplace, where did it occur?

Nobody has bothered to do that, they simply take whatever is tossed out and are content to leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchman View Post
    You do make a good point here: On-line media rarely use old school journalistic standards. Dana's comments came, during a press conference media scrum, when somebody asked about doing a Diaz/GSP prime time. Dana makes these off the cuff remarks, getting corrected on the number of missed interviews (He initially said four, somebody off camera said it was three).

The online crew then all use that to write an article. Diaz's lawyer says it is not true and they then use that to write a new piece or amend their old piece.

Why hasn't anyone contacted Nick's management? Who did the UFC personnel talk to? If they say they never spoke to anyone from the UFC, then contact the UFC offices and ask them who they arranged the interviews with.

Do some actual legwork and find out where things went wrong. Clearly somebody dropped the ball someplace, where did it occur?

Nobody has bothered to do that, they simply take whatever is tossed out and are content to leave it at that.
    Welcome to journalism in 2013. Nobody looks into anything. They take 24 different Twitter posts and turn it into an "article."

+ Reply to Thread