+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 68

Thread: Nick Diaz… Again, really?

  1. #41
    Senior Member ocmmafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South OC
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chijay42 View Post
    Wait so when it’s a mma fighter that has months between fights and therefore months between majority media obligations that fighter is just not being a dancing monkey for the promo but, when a pro football or nba guy shuns the media after 3-4 months of dealing with them the ball player is a prick? Yes I’ve never heard you say this but too many with your mindset have. Fight fans truly live by double standards when it’s their guy. When my guy the reem got his ass handed to him by bigfoot I was the first to say it was weak how he didn’t show to the postfight press conf. I’m just say be fair. I can’t imagine how this board would light up with hate if Anderson pulled this type of crap.
    Excellent post to say STFU. Yes, fools- we all like Diaz. No you fcking idiots this cannot ever, ever be okay.

  2. #42
    Senior Member ocmmafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South OC
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Not sure how I can be totally wrong about something I never said. I didn't say it will look like GSP/Kos 2, I said I wouldn't be surprised if it did. I agree that this fight will more than likely consist of take down after take down, with GSP working for position the whole time while landing some strikes from the top. But I also think GSP knows he has a good chance of picking him apart standing up. I think GSP could utilize the superman punch a lot, knowing that any time he lunges at Nick, he's gonna instantly drop his hands to try to defend the TD. Same thing with that hard jab GSP was landing at will against Koscheck in their 2nd fight. The thing is, I think GSP will go with the take down followed by ground control approach, because he knows it will work. Which I don't have a problem with either.

    But I don't get what his face looked like after the Condit fight has anything at all to do with this fight. Nick and Carlos are both very effective with their striking, but their styles couldn't be more different. Nick works people over with basically pure boxing, while Condit uses a more unpredictable approach, with head kicks, spinning backfists, etc. GSP doesn't have to worry about getting kicked in the head out of nowhere when he fights Diaz. IMO, GSP could leave Nick's face looking exactly like Koscheck's by the end of the fight, but I don't think he will.
    agree w/ you

  3. #43
    Senior Member airjasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    9,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toehold View Post
    How did I not use the term "lay and pray" properly in applying it to GSP here??
    If GSP truly did lay and pray one would assume that he would have even 1 time been warned on the ground about a lack of action. GSP is a lot more active on the ground than given credit for. He's always working for something. It's been so long since GSP has really spent much time on the ground that I think your guys memory is a bit shady.


    Can't wait for this fight though. I wouldn't be surprised if GSP wins due to opening up a massive cut on Diaz's face. I expect Nick to be a bloody mess by the time this is all said and done.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

  4. #44
    Senior Member OliG83v.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    If GSP truly did lay and pray one would assume that he would have even 1 time been warned on the ground about a lack of action. GSP is a lot more active on the ground than given credit for. He's always working for something. It's been so long since GSP has really spent much time on the ground that I think your guys memory is a bit shady.


    Can't wait for this fight though. I wouldn't be surprised if GSP wins due to opening up a massive cut on Diaz's face. I expect Nick to be a bloody mess by the time this is all said and done.
    It's GSP and he's fighting in Canada! Dude could fall aseep and he wouldn't get stood up!

  5. #45
    Member mhsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    I read an article this morning about the top 5 most literate and illiterate cities in the US. Stockton California was the #3 most illiterate city in the US. Just kind of seemed appropriate to add.
    .........

  6. #46
    Member zakath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NB
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OliG83v.2 View Post
    It's GSP and he's fighting in Canada! Dude could fall aseep and he wouldn't get stood up!
    Yes. Because we all know GSP gets preferential treatment from the refs who are different than the those who work 'regular' UFC events outside of Canada.

  7. #47
    MMAWeekly Elite boboplata2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    fisting the north star
    Posts
    23,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mhsh View Post
    I read an article this morning about the top 5 most literate and illiterate cities in the US. Stockton California was the #3 most illiterate city in the US. Just kind of seemed appropriate to add.
    i thought 5 of them would be in louisiana.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.


    Thank you for my fuzz.

  8. #48
    Member mhsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boboplata2.0 View Post
    i thought 5 of them would be in louisiana.
    I think they excluded Louisiana to give the other states a fighting chance at illiterate glory.
    .........

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    311

    Default

    People seemed to forget what this post was about. Dana White threw Nick Diaz under the bus for not doing the Countdown Show. He had told the press this on Saturday night while in England. He told all who would listen that Nick had blown them off but in reality Nick had spent the previous Thursday (all day) with this same Countdown Show. If DW wants Nick to say FU to the Countdown show then he is going about it the right way. No one has mentioned these facts, to me that is the most important thing to talk about. DW obviously didn't know the facts about the Countdown Show because he didn't know Nick was with them on Thursday just two days before he threw the Gracie Camp under the bus. As I stated before we all know that DW NEVER tells a lie and all that comes out of his mouth is nothing but the truth so help me God.

    I still say Nick Diaz wins by punching the lights out of GSP in the 4th round.

  10. #50
    MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CALI, LBC
    Posts
    10,234

    Default

    ^^^I would love to see that happen but I think GSP just takes him down over and over and over again. Throws just enough short elbows and body shots not to get stood up with Nick Diaz getting frustrated and pissed off by the later rounds.

    I just think GSP is too explosive and his base to too heavy for Nick.


    But I would LOVE if I was wrong about all of that.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts