+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Frank Mir to Greg Jakcson's!

I see this as a positive.

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.

Abortion Inc.

MMAWeekly Regular

Quote Originally Posted by marvin destin View Post
    There can be only one reason Frank Mir has slithered to the Jackson camp.
    it aint to get in better condition.

He's getting the Condit, Guida, Moonwalking workshop.

Recall how Mir knocked people out.

Then he subs Nogueira.

He wont be able to do either with Cormier.

So, what to do, Put on those high heeled sneakers.

I have tickets to the event so Ill be watching it live
    and the place is going to be going nuts for Cormier.

This news has lowerd my expectations for the fight.
    So I see you have COMPLETELY ignored the comments about how most fighters at Jackson's do not stall or "moonwalk".

Jones is the best fighter out of that camp, since when has he "moonwalked"??

MMAWeekly Regular

Quote Originally Posted by OliG83v.2 View Post
    Oh yeah I completely agree, NO WAY Cormier starts shooting in on a fresh Mir!

But Cormier's wrestling being what it is negates the need for a gameplan from Mir IMO. Mir will simply have to do what Cormier wants? So Mir will have to stand with Cormier until Cormier sees fit (if he does) to take it to the ground!
    Unless he chooses to pull guard, which IMO he SHOULD do if he starts losing the striking exchanges so he can work his guard BEFORE he gets rocked and tired.

I don't understand why pulling guard is simply not considered an option in MMA anymore.

It's not USUALLY a good option, but in fights like this one it can be.

I guess it's cause people don't want to lose decisions and stupid judges always think the top fighter is winning, but if it's your best shot then it's what you should do.

MMAWeekly Regular

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    As bad @ss as Cormier's wrestling is, I don't think he wants to go to the ground with Mir unless he has spent some time blood'n him via striking. I don't care what anyone says...Mir's MMA BJJ and how nasty he is when he applies [insert sub here] is second to none in the game. If I'm Cormier I stay on the feet until Frank is wobbly then take him down for some vicious ground and pound. And even then...I have that replay of what Mir did to Nog playing in my mind so as to not mess up when you do take him down...
    Although it is smartest for Cormier to rock Mir before taking him down, and although I will of course be rooting for Mir because he is the BJJ guy and I almost always root for BJJ guys...I don't think even a fresh Mir can sub Cormier from his back.

Mir's guard is really not THAT good, he's much more of a top came player.

Not saying he can't and hasn't gotten subs from his back (Sylvia, Lesnar, Tank, Pete Williams etc), and especially for his size his mobility off his back is impressive and he has a better guard than say, Barnett who couldn't sub Cormier, but nevertheless, his guard is not that big a threat IMO to a short limbed wrestler with great body awareness like Cormier.

I'd give Nog a better shot off his back than Mir against Cormier (say what you want, I think his guard is better than Mir's), but the only guy at HW I'd give a REALLY good shot at subbing Cormier from his back is Werdum.

Anyone else needs a top position most likely to do it.

I think Mir should work on rolling for leg locks; palahres style. Mir has pretty good leg locks; and they are such an unexpected thing to defend.

Marvin, you have got to be the biggest ****ing idiot on these boards. You call Condit and Edgar "Moon walkers" yet Condit has one of, if not the, highest finish rate of anyone in the UFC with 20+ fights, and you admit that you don't watch any fights involving Edgar. So please enlighten us on how you find it appropriate to use that to describe either of those two. Yeah, lots of people call Edgar boring or say he just runs away and avoids exchanges during fights, but those people ACTUALLY WATCH HIS FIGHTS. As for Condit, your assessment of him is just flat out moronic.

There are far, far more exciting fighters in Jackson's camp than there are "boring" fighters. Other than Guida, Edgar, and MAYBE St. Pierre(who I actually find exciting), please give us some examples of boring fighters that train there. But you won't, you'll just ramble on with more nonsense, while completely avoiding the challenge asked of you.

Mir will quit halfway through camp.

With everyone so optimistic about Mir's move to Jackson's camp, anyone down for a Sig Bet? I of course have my boy Cormier

so basically he's going to work on his endurance and try to squeek out an extra move in each round over cormier and go to a decision.
    Fighter bashing vs not fighter bashing is like the difference between farting and dropping a silencer in a crowded elevator...

Quote Originally Posted by mhsh View Post
    I think Mir should work on rolling for leg locks; palahres style. Mir has pretty good leg locks; and they are such an unexpected thing to defend.
    yeah. i don't get rogan's comment that mir has a small man's guard. all he does is roll for leglocks. a clear sign of lack of fundamentals. he makes up for it with his strength.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

+ Reply to Thread