+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead Space 3

Default Dead Space 3

I may be the only one here playing this game. I know it got luke warm reviews and fans have been bitching that it's too much of a departure from the normal formula and not as good as the phenominal Dead Space 2. And too all that I say.............WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?

This was just like part 2. Excellent combination of combat, puzzles, exploration and crafting. A great story, with tremendous atmosphere, plenty of scares, clever camera angles and awesome moments. Sure there's co-op, but you don't HAVE to play it that way if you don't want to. The Single Player experience didn't suffer at all

The one thing that did change was the weapon crafting. It's MUCH deeper now. I got addicted to this. The way it works now is you don't get a fully assembled weapons, but you make them out of their differing pieces. The frame determines whether it's one handed or two. The Tool determines what kind of projectiles it shoots. The tip determines how wide or fine it comes out or how rapid it fires. There are two attachment slots and 2-4 slots for circuits that upgrade different attributes. You also get two tools per gun, upper fires with right trigger and lower with the right button, so you can make endless combinations to try and makes ones that can handle multiple situations

I spent WAY too much time making weapons. It was so damn fun. The whole game was fun. A little long. As it makes you feel like the end is coming for the last 2 plus hours and it just seems to drag towards the end. There are also another nit picky things like, every time Issac gets reunited with the group it's a matter of seconds before something goes wrong and he gets separated and has to "meet up with them" at so and so. It's not that I wanted to be with a group of NPC's, but more of just how predictable and repetitive it got having that happen over and over

But those are minor issues. The game is excellent. I give it a 9/10

Last edited by PatSox; 02-10-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Glad to hear it's equally as good as the sequel. Definitely going to pick this up next along with Heavy Rain and the Mass Effect triology, which I've never played. This is actually one of the few franchises I haven't given up on.
    Originally Posted by Baphomet3
    I literally cannot wait until you die

Originally Posted by jUrZiiRacist
    I hope everyone involved in this ****ing dies.

Originally Posted By CaveBear
    Die, all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooto View Post
    Glad to hear it's equally as good as the sequel. Definitely going to pick this up next along with Heavy Rain and the Mass Effect triology, which I've never played. This is actually one of the few franchises I haven't given up on.
    I would still rate part 2 a little higher. Perhaps only because that was the first time I ever played a game of this type that was so enjoyable and this is the second time, so the novelty of it isn't as pronounced. But it's definitely more of the same and I didn't get some of the criticisms I was reading, when I played it myself

I remember thinking when part 2 came out a couple years ago, even though it was the same year as Batman: Arkham City, Portal 2, Dark Souls and Skyrim, it was the Game Of The Year. Just such a well made game. So many different aspects to the gameplay. Such a well written, well played out story. Such a creepy yet cool as hell atmosphere. Some of the craziest quick time moments this side of God Of War

Part three is more of all that. You may or may not think it's on the same level as two, but it's certainly worth playing and I think you will enjoy it
    Last edited by PatSox; 02-11-2013 at 12:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread