+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Tito announces that Cyborg asks to be released by the UFC.

Where the **** did he find glasses that big? Is he friends with Elton John?

Quote Originally Posted by xxxVALETUDOxxx View Post
    Yeah Vision called it. She is just going to go elsewhere, become even more desirable to hire on and go from there.
    Where is she supposed to find high profile fights that will allow this to happen?

Who is going to pay her anything close to what the UFC was prepared to pay?

Her StrikeForce contract was picked up by the UFC. Her last SF fight paid her $66k. The UFC offered to loan her out to Invicta FC while they picked up the tab. Meaning, she would be getting the highest profile female fights available for somewhere in the neighborhood of $60k per fight.

What purpose is served by asking to be released?

So She & Tito can negotiate for less money & a smaller audience?

Good work, Tito.

She is like the only 145 lb womans fighter out there. When she was in SF she was constantly fighting women who were well out of their class. There really isn't anyone for her to fight at 145. She is just too big and the 135 lb division has given most of the other women the option of having some divisional depth and not having to fight a monster.

I don't know about the money part. But why should she stay under the UFC contract when they don't have the weight division she fights in?

i think titos plan backfired. I expect now that shes dumped, after around 6 months of doing nothing, she'll fire tito and contact dana saying it was all his idea and she will make the 135 pd limit.
    Fighter bashing vs not fighter bashing is like the difference between farting and dropping a silencer in a crowded elevator...

Quote Originally Posted by TNCclubman View Post
    i think titos plan backfired. I expect now that shes dumped, after around 6 months of doing nothing, she'll fire tito and contact dana saying it was all his idea and she will make the 135 pd limit.
    Probably. Now that Zuffa has a stake and the marketing behind it, Women's MMA is pretty much dead outside of the UFC. If you want to make money as a woman, your option is to fight there at 135 pounds. Cyborg is going to be in a real bind. She'll be the Fedor of Women's MMA, fighting weird freak show type opponents in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by ~ViSioN~ View Post
    here's my take on this situation, i feel you all do not see the big picture.

Tito is not an idiot, far from one, he is the reason fighters make good money in the ufc now, maybe just maybe he knows a lil something about a fighters worth.

By doing what he is doing, its only going to generate more interest in cyborg, she gets cut, goes to invicta or what ever, smashes who ever they put in front of her.

The same will be said for Rousey, she will smash everyone till the convo can no longer be contained, cyborg then gets offered a better contract then the current one, and the fight makes 5 to 10 times the amount of money!

Tito is a multi millionaire for a reason, do any of you honestly think cyborg would be getting paid top dollar in the ufc? I bet she makes no more then she did in strikeforce, yet the ufc will make millions off that fight. Honestly just think about it.
    Have to post this AGAIN because some of these clowns had to have missed it just so they could race to post how Tito sucks at everything. Do you losers not get it? The stupid ass never was never will be piece of **** wannabe fighter is a MULTI MILLIONAIRE! When's the last time you managed somebody? WTF do you know about figher contracts and fighters worth? When's the last time you even cashed a paycheck or had a job as much as you idiots live on this ****ing forum 24/7.
    When's the last time you had to do business with Chrome dome Dana when you were on the opposite side of the table from his pet/crush? Yea, Tito knows absolutely notning about that. yea thats it, he knows probably more than anyone on the planet about that. And for a dude that was such a horrible fighter and businessman, he sure scammed the UFC out of millions and millions.

Tito wipes his ass with hundred dollar bills while you bitches beg your mom to upgrade from DSL to high speed so you can beat each other to the god damned mma forum, wow........

so rousey vs. cyborg will happen five years from now when nobody gives a shit anymore?
    "doesn't nothing ever last forever?"

Quote Originally Posted by Daywork View Post
    I don't know about the money part. But why should she stay under the UFC contract when they don't have the weight division she fights in?
    Because under her UFC contract should would be allowed to compete for Invicta FC & would be, far & away, their highest paid fighter.

She is guaranteed to make more $$$ under those terms than by negotiating a deal for herself independently.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuffaZombie View Post
    Because under her UFC contract should would be allowed to compete for Invicta FC & would be, far & away, their highest paid fighter.

She is guaranteed to make more $$$ under those terms than by negotiating a deal for herself independently.

Do you know what the UFC was going to pay her? I have no idea what her contract was. Dana just doesn't seem to like Cyborg that much so I couldn't see them giving her that much money.

I just read on weekly that Dana did release her.

+ Reply to Thread