+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think Flacco is Worth?

Default What Do You Think Flacco is Worth?

Meaning, how much do you think he should get paid? Keep in mind, he turned down a contract worth $13 million per year coming into this past season.

His agent said today that he should be the highest paid QB in the NFL(which would probably make him the highest paid player at any position) because he is younger than Manning and Brady, and has won more. He has won the same amount of playoff games and Super Bowls as Peyton, but I don't see where he has won more than Brady, be that regular season, post season, or Super Bowls.

Now, he has proven to play well in the playoffs, as he has won at least one playoff game every year he has been in the league, including this recent championship run. But he has been very polarizing in the regular season. He's actually put up some god awful numbers in some regular season games, but should that matter? I mean you have to play well enough during that time to make the playoffs, but when he gets there, he plays his best, which is ultimately what you are looking for in a QB.

Also, the argument could me made that a lot of his numbers(this postseason especially) come from either pure luck, or his receivers being able to up and get basically any pass that is anywhere near them. But again, should that matter? Or just the fact that he gets it done, no matter how it happens?

To me, this is a tough one. As fairly strong cases can be made either way. But when it's all said and done I think he's gonna end up getting around $20 million per year, maybe something like 6 years/$120 mil. But I don't think he deserves that much. The $13 mil/year he was offered 9 months ago sounds about right to me. But good for him for stepping up when it mattered most, and more than likely getting heavily rewarded for it. And as a Steelers fan, his contract year couldn't have come at a better time. They are already losing some key players on defense in Lewis and probably Reed, tho they are at the tail end of their careers. But Flacco's huge contract could also cost them some solid starters including Kruger, who had one hell of a year. On the flip side, Baltimore has drafted very well over the last few years, and that will probably continue, so who knows how this team will be affected by Flacco's contract.

What do you guys think?

$100 million.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    $100 million.
    For how many years tho? $100 mil over 9 years is a lot different than $100 mil over 5 years.

Well if they have to pay him so much that they can't afford to keep Boldin, he'll be worth a hell of a lot less

Flacco's strengths are his height and his arm, not much else. He only throws to the right side of the field and most of those throws are ceiling scraping, anyone's ball type passes. If he loses his best receiver for coming down with those in traffic, he's not going to produce nearly the same results

So maybe he should tell his agent, get me the best deal.....but make sure they can still afford Boldin

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Well if they have to pay him so much that they can't afford to keep Boldin, he'll be worth a hell of a lot less

Flacco's strengths are his height and his arm, not much else. He only throws to the right side of the field and most of those throws are ceiling scraping, anyone's ball type passes. If he loses his best receiver for coming down with those in traffic, he's not going to produce nearly the same results

So maybe he should tell his agent, get me the best deal.....but make sure they can still afford Boldin
    I agree with all of this. But if he gets the huge contract, it won't matter if they keep Boldin or not, he'll still be getting paid. Unless they give him some type of deal that is heavily influenced by bonuses for stats.

Double post
    Last edited by purekane; 02-08-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Reed might leave Ray's gone Rice/ Suggs didn't even show up to the Superbowl. Leaving Flacco

the face of the Ravens. Pay him Drew money. Oh and regardless of Boldin bad azzness,

hes on the wrong side of 32 to get Megatron money.

about 16-18mil

What I *think* he should get? 1 million. Then again, I think 1 million should be the cap for ALL players. BUnch of over paid mother f... anyways....

He'll get his payday. Dude turned down 18 mil a year last offseason, he's gonna ask 20 or more, and he'll get it.
    07/07/10.. Brock Lesnar will beat any HW he faces in the next 3 years and will retire with only one loss on his record. (was wrong about this, for sure!)

Jon Jones is the most talented d*ck tucking b*tch in UFC history! Just fight Rashad already if you're not scared like you say you are.

Quote Originally Posted by war_spider View Post
    What I *think* he should get? 1 million. Then again, I think 1 million should be the cap for ALL players. BUnch of over paid mother f... anyways....

He'll get his payday. Dude turned down 18 mil a year last offseason, he's gonna ask 20 or more, and he'll get it.
    He turned down $13 mil last year. If he would have been offered $18 mil, he would have never turned it down, as that is basically what he was asking for. Now that he has a ring, his number has gone up a few mil.

And out of curiosity, why do you think that $1 million per year is the absolute most any athlete should make? How did you land on that amount? Again, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm just honestly curious.
    Last edited by Straight_Crown; 02-09-2013 at 03:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread