+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jim Harbaugh: Still a whiney...

Default Jim Harbaugh: Still a whiney...

B!tch!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-last-play/

After the officials did not call pass interference against Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith on the 49ersí final offensive play of the Super Bowl, many observers who agreed with the non-call said that in a key play with the championship on the line, the officials just have to let the players play.

Unsurprisingly, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh does not agree with that.

Harbaugh said on 95.7 The Game in San Francisco that he thinks pass interference should be officiated the same way at any point in the game, and that the officials should be just as strict about calling penalties in the gameís closing seconds as they are at any other time.

ďA penalty is a penalty no matter when it occurs in a game,Ē Harbaugh said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. ďIt could occur in the first play of the game. It could occur on the last play of the game, or any play in between. Thatís the rules of football. You let Ďem play or let Ďem get away with something. Which would you rather have? Letís play the rules of the game. . . . If thereís a penalty then itís a penalty ó doesnít matter what kind of game. . . . Itís the rules of football. If itís a penalty, you call it. If you see it, you call it. Thatís how I feel about it.Ē

Harbaugh complained immediately after the game about the non-call, and with time to think about it, his complaints havenít stopped. Harbaugh thinks his team got ripped off by the refs at the end of the Super Bowl.

Really Jim? If it meant that much to you maybe you should of stepped up in that Atlanta gamewhen your LB held on that last play that would of auto 1st down'd the Falcons on the 5 yard line. Bottom line is the Superbowl was called the same from the 1st quarter to the last quarter and your squad was given TWO halftimes to figure out how the Ravens were dominating you. You were outcoached. Your team wasn't ready for the big moment. And you are quite the classless guy.

Remember when Alex Smith was "your guy" and "we are family" Jim?

You are a good Coach and deserver respect but the Superbowl is over and this crybaby act you have been on since is just annoying. Maybe use some of those draft picks and find some secondary help and you won't get torched like you have for the last two years in the playoffs....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

The Akers flag on the field goal attempt was wrong. But, I felt the off sides on Reed during

the two point conversion changed the game. No sympathy from me though.

I thought it was a pretty good no call. Maybe it's my hatred for Crabtree since his days at TT and that game winning catch he had Vs Texas.... But he clearly initiated the contact. Once the WR initiates the contact then the corner can treat it like a running play and hold back.

I think they should have called Illegal Contact on SF's final offensive play without a doubt. The reason Crabtree pushed off was because Smith had one arm wrapped completely around his waist and his other arm had a wristlock on Crabtree. When you need to push off like that to separate from the defender, there should be a flag thrown. Not to mention that the contact occurred 3 yards deep in the endzone, and the play started on the 5, which means it happened beyond the "5 yard chuck" boundaries. And catchable/uncatchable ball means nothing whatsoever on an Illegal Contact call.

Now with that said, Jim is a classless, crybaby bitch, that didn't even have the decency to tell his brother more than a half ass "Congrats". after he wins the Super Bowl. Guess what? Calls get missed all the time, it's part of the game. When it's done, it's done, no amount of crying in the world will change it. Deal with it, bro.

I think it was probably a penalty but not so out of line that it deserves a lot of attention. I don't agree with people that say you shouldn't call something during "x" play of the game, or with only some much time left in the game as a penalty is a penalty. But, that was pretty questionable and not like they got totally fcked, nor does it mean they win. Throwing the flag doesn't put points on the board.

The more importnt reason they lost was Harbaugh's shtty play calling to end the game. WTF were the 3 passes for? How about letting your athletic QB use the read option and give him the possibility of using his legs?? Put them in the shotgun and let him run a draw if Crabtree isn't open.

Plus, its his fcking brother! Man up and shuddup.
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. ~Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    I think they should have called Illegal Contact on SF's final offensive play without a doubt. The reason Crabtree pushed off was because Smith had one arm wrapped completely around his waist and his other arm had a wristlock on Crabtree. When you need to push off like that to separate from the defender, there should be a flag thrown. Not to mention that the contact occurred 3 yards deep in the endzone, and the play started on the 5, which means it happened beyond the "5 yard chuck" boundaries. And catchable/uncatchable ball means nothing whatsoever on an Illegal Contact call.

Now with that said, Jim is a classless, crybaby bitch, that didn't even have the decency to tell his brother more than a half ass "Congrats". after he wins the Super Bowl. Guess what? Calls get missed all the time, it's part of the game. When it's done, it's done, no amount of crying in the world will change it. Deal with it, bro.
    Crabtree initiated the contact. He ran TOWARDS the defender and made contact. As a defender if you see the WR initiate contact then it's a running play and the no contact after 5 yards go out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by slik View Post
    Crabtree initiated the contact. He ran TOWARDS the defender and made contact. As a defender if you see the WR initiate contact then it's a running play and the no contact after 5 yards go out the window.
    WR's run "towards" defenders at the start of literally every single pass play. So I don't see how that makes a difference. When a CB is lined up 2 yards off a receiver, where do you expect them to run? It's not like they have to loop around them or something. And I have never heard of a play becoming a "running play" because contact was initiated, tho I could very possibly be wrong, and will look into it.

Just from pure observations over the years, It ALWAYS seems the Refs rarely call holding/pass interference on Fade routes in the endzone. I thought it was common knowledge. When I watched the play, it just looked like a typical no call that I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    B!tch!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-last-play/

After the officials did not call pass interference against Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith on the 49ers’ final offensive play of the Super Bowl, many observers who agreed with the non-call said that in a key play with the championship on the line, the officials just have to let the players play.

Unsurprisingly, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh does not agree with that.

Harbaugh said on 95.7 The Game in San Francisco that he thinks pass interference should be officiated the same way at any point in the game, and that the officials should be just as strict about calling penalties in the game’s closing seconds as they are at any other time.

“A penalty is a penalty no matter when it occurs in a game,” Harbaugh said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “It could occur in the first play of the game. It could occur on the last play of the game, or any play in between. That’s the rules of football. You let ‘em play or let ‘em get away with something. Which would you rather have? Let’s play the rules of the game. . . . If there’s a penalty then it’s a penalty — doesn’t matter what kind of game. . . . It’s the rules of football. If it’s a penalty, you call it. If you see it, you call it. That’s how I feel about it.”

Harbaugh complained immediately after the game about the non-call, and with time to think about it, his complaints haven’t stopped. Harbaugh thinks his team got ripped off by the refs at the end of the Super Bowl.

Really Jim? If it meant that much to you maybe you should of stepped up in that Atlanta gamewhen your LB held on that last play that would of auto 1st down'd the Falcons on the 5 yard line. Bottom line is the Superbowl was called the same from the 1st quarter to the last quarter and your squad was given TWO halftimes to figure out how the Ravens were dominating you. You were outcoached. Your team wasn't ready for the big moment. And you are quite the classless guy.

Remember when Alex Smith was "your guy" and "we are family" Jim?

You are a good Coach and deserver respect but the Superbowl is over and this crybaby act you have been on since is just annoying. Maybe use some of those draft picks and find some secondary help and you won't get torched like you have for the last two years in the playoffs....
    You're the only whining crybaby here. Harbaugh was on the radio, asked what he thought, and he said so. And why the flunk are you whining that he benched Alex Smith? Are your seriously saying Smith is better than Kapernick? Or are you saying that the coach should have sacrificed wins because he said "we are family" to Smith.

Still the 49ers had no excuse to lose with a 1st and goal on the 5

They could have ran the ball if Colin K hadnt wasted 2 timeouts due to inexperience managing the clock. No call was a non issue. Harbaugh thought a previous interference against SF was a bad call but thought that one should have been called. Selective inconsistent judgement on his part. Better team won that night.

+ Reply to Thread