+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pettis vs Aldo?

Default Pettis vs Aldo?

Dana just said that Pettis texted him and said he wants to drop down and challenge Aldo.

That would be a very interesting fight.

Holy mother of flying matrix.

I got showtime.

This would be an absolutely amazing fight.. good lord.

MMAWeekly Regular

That would be a ****ing sick fight with tons of amazing kicks.

However, it puzzles me because Pettis is so clearly in line for the winner of Bendo/Melendez.

I guess he would rather have an immediate shot at 145lbs then have to wait for one at 155lbs??

Except that if he drops down it would be REALLY ****ing unfair for him to get an immediate title shot.

That should either go to the Korean Zombie or Llamas, hell, even the Poirer/Swanson winner is more deserving.

See, this sounds fun, but he should just stay at LW and fight the winner, it's not going to be fair if he moves down and gets an immediate shot, as much as I would like to see it.

Him vs Bendo or Melendez would also be fun.

I'm with you Toehold. He shouldn't get an immediate title shot when some dudes have been waiting for Aldo's title for a while now. Even if most of them don't have much for Aldo, they still deserve a shot. I would LOVE to see that fight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toehold View Post
    That would be a ****ing sick fight with tons of amazing kicks.

However, it puzzles me because Pettis is so clearly in line for the winner of Bendo/Melendez.

I guess he would rather have an immediate shot at 145lbs then have to wait for one at 155lbs??

Except that if he drops down it would be REALLY ****ing unfair for him to get an immediate title shot.

That should either go to the Korean Zombie or Llamas, hell, even the Poirer/Swanson winner is more deserving.

See, this sounds fun, but he should just stay at LW and fight the winner, it's not going to be fair if he moves down and gets an immediate shot, as much as I would like to see it.

Him vs Bendo or Melendez would also be fun.
    Who cares what's fair or not this would be an exciting fight and I wanna see it dammit!
    Swanson? lol **** that and **** llamas whatever the ****, I wanna see Petits!
    Korean robot will get ****ing destroyed by Aldo! I wanna see Petits!

I am more up for this fight.

Pettis is not guarantee title shot. Dana could say whatever he wants, they had him next, then Maynard gets instant rematch, then Bendo gets title shot, then instant rematch for frankie, now they got melendez and they gave him the title shot, and if they sign Alvarez, Alvarez by contract is getting next title shot no matter who is next in line. Pettis can beat Aldo. he should go for it.
    Last edited by machete; 02-03-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Gotta see how the weight cut goes for Pettis

MMAWeekly Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BRO COP View Post
    Who cares what's fair or not this would be an exciting fight and I wanna see it dammit!
    Swanson? lol **** that and **** llamas whatever the ****, I wanna see Petits!
    Korean robot will get ****ing destroyed by Aldo! I wanna see Petits!
    LOL, I agree it would be a great fight, but I want more people to take this sport seriously.

I think fighters need to stop hopping around between weight classes so much, ESPECIALLY with a guy like Pettis who is clearly next in line for the LW title.

Also, Llamas would be a good fight for Aldo, I think he could give him a challenge even though he'd lose.

Poirer will probably beat Swanson, and he's a tough dude as well.

There's tons of contenders at Flyweight and a clear pecking order.

Again, I would much rather see Pettis vs Aldo, but all this division hopping is making things a joke.

Now they are coming up with their own rankings, and it's going to look even more absurd to see that someone who isn't even ranked at FW and has never fought down there is jumping the number one contender.

I won't complain if it happens, I'm just saying, it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HELP_ME_FIGHT View Post
    I'm with you Toehold. He shouldn't get an immediate title shot when some dudes have been waiting for Aldo's title for a while now. Even if most of them don't have much for Aldo, they still deserve a shot. I would LOVE to see that fight though.
    Who exactly at 145 do you feel is getting shafted? Ricardo Llamas (Who?) Korean Zombie? Dude lost to George ****ing Roop, I vote Pettis as automatic #1 contender if he drops down. Sorry.

I do wonder about is the weight cut for Pettis though.
    Last edited by tdog628; 02-03-2013 at 01:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread