+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by boonebaker View Post
    Not to knock anybody that does Insanity or P90X or whatever, and is satisfied with the results, but it's one thing that's certainly not for me. I know that I need to actually get out and be at a gym (or a park/trail for cardio) or else I won't give it my all. Even when I do some short yoga at home, half the time I'll get bored after 5 minutes.

Daywork, if you're enjoying the gym, I'd keep it up. If you don't see results from it after a while, maybe one of these non-conventional methods would work, but it all comes down to what you enjoy, thus will continue to do, and what works for an individual.

I do like the gym, I'm not giving up on it.

I'm starting to see that weight is just all over the place. I was 191 yesterday afternoon. When I went to bed I weighed myself and I was 1.5 lbs lighter, Then after my workout today I was 3 lbs lighter then yesterday afternoon. LOL I don't get it, but I'll keeping at it til I'm around 170 - 175.

http://www.wodshop.org/wods.html

Try something like that. You need to shock your system. Force adaptation to new stressers. Mix this puppy up and add in some intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    http://www.wodshop.org/wods.html

Try something like that. You need to shock your system. Force adaptation to new stressers. Mix this puppy up and add in some intensity.

I'm trying to mix it up as much as I can. I have a pinched nerve in my neck and it took away most of my strength in my right arm and my right peck. Enough so that I can't even do a push up. It really sucks, so I can only work out with light weights until I get the strength back in my arm and chest. I haven't been doing much benching cause its real embarrasing when I'm struggling to bench 80 lbs. Plus I never know when my arm is going to go numb, so I try to stay away from free weighs lol

I'm just waiting on a invoice to get paid (I'm self employed) then I'll get a MRI done on the neck and see if the doc can shoot me up with some more steriods to help bring back the strength.

I've been doing good with the elliptical and other cardio stuff. I've been doing 20 seconds of real fast then 20 sec of slower. My heart rate is like 164 on fast and 152ish when going slow. I don't know what it is swimming, but I do go as fast as I can for 50 meters then slow for 50 meters then rest 1 minute. then repeat for 800 meters.

Weighing in at........?

187. Slowly going down. I'm eating more then I was. doing the HIIT training. Doing more weight lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Daywork View Post
    Its just not fair, you don't do anything and you lose weight. I'm busting my ass and nothing .. LOL

I should be losing a pound a week just by eating only 1500 calories. The cardio is just a plus.
    Not always true. If your body feels undernourished it will slow down your metabolism to burn fewer calories. My nutritionist had me reduce my calories slowly, no more than 100 fewer calories per day dropped per week, to prevent my body from trying to horde the fat reserves.

Also as mentioned above, mix consistent cardio (walk everywhere you can), with high intensity cardio workouts. I could do them for 5 minutes or less before being utterly gassed. But those 2-3 burst workouts a day were worth as much as the 5 mile low intensity walking I'd do.
    A Black Belt is just a White Belt who didn't quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Not always true. If your body feels undernourished it will slow down your metabolism to burn fewer calories. My nutritionist had me reduce my calories slowly, no more than 100 fewer calories per day dropped per week, to prevent my body from trying to horde the fat reserves.

Also as mentioned above, mix consistent cardio (walk everywhere you can), with high intensity cardio workouts. I could do them for 5 minutes or less before being utterly gassed. But those 2-3 burst workouts a day were worth as much as the 5 mile low intensity walking I'd do.

Thats what I'm doing now. But to be honest, I was really busting my ass on my longer workouts. Enough so when I take a shower afterwards it was hard just to hold up my arms lol. Swimming has been much harder the last couple of weeks. From the lifting and cardio that I do kind of kills me by the time I get to swimming. A trainer told me I need to do more core workouts.

I'm going to give it another 2 weeks, If I'm not seeing good results I'm going to get a personal trainer.

I no longer go to the gym twice a day. I go everyother day and burn 700 to 800 calories during the workout.
    10 min warm up on stationary bike
    3 minutes to stretching
    20 to 25 minutes of lifting
    20 minutes ellipitcal every 20 seconds I go all out then slow for 20 - 30 seconds
    about 18 minutes swimming free style, every other laps is as fast as I can go
    about 5 minuts of backstroke
    4 minutes in the steam room, final stretches and cool down.

Last edited by errbin; 02-23-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    UFF Record Breakdown
    28 matches -16-wins - 12-losses
    By Knockout -4 - 2
    By Submission -3 - 5
    By Decision -9 - 5

MMAF Record Breakdown
    5 matches -2-wins - 3-losses
    By Knockout -1 - 2
    By Submission -0 - 1
    By Decision -1 - 0

I'll check it out. Thanks

Your sample diet is total ****.
    Nothing green, nothing to boost metabolism at your age, and everything listed is man-made and came from a box or bag (cheerios, sliced deli meat, "whole wheat" muffins etc.)

You are definitely snacking and not telling us, probably sugar or something in your coffee, and I would like to see more on dinner.

Or, you are (if that is what you are truly eating) not getting anything worth a **** into your system, and you are in starvation mode.

Things to eat:

Green leafy ****ing vegetables.
    Fruit
    Other vegetables.
    Nuts and fatty oils.
    Beans and legumes (google what they are)
    Other small portions of protein (tofu, perhaps a bit of red meat every now and then)
    Some dairy because you are old.

You will never, ever, get diesel eating sammiches and cereal.

If you have to buy it in the middle isle of the supermarket, as the briton's say "It's ****"
    Un-Retired. Thank that jerk Pickledpunk.

+ Reply to Thread