+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Add this to your HIIT cardio program:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=POdzasJklxw

I don't think anyone on this forum can do all of these exercises lol.

Eat more, workout less.

Up your animal protein and saturated fat, and couple it with reduced grains. Should be putting in more calories so that your body will not go into a food-hoarding state like Baph stated earlier.

Replace your 30min aerobic sessions with 10-12min of intense bouts of anaerobic. Up the pace, lower the time.

Take cold showers after your workout.

These together should start bumping up your hormones and burning stored body fat.
    "The gods we worship write their names on our faces, be sure of that. And a person will worship something, have no doubt about that, either. One may think that tribute is paid in secret, in the dark recesses of his or her heart, but it is not. That which dominates imagination and thoughts will determine life and character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we are worshiping, for what we are worshiping we are becoming."
    -RALPH WALDO EMERSON

I've never heard take cold showers after the workout.

Should I still do my 2 adays on Monday, Wednesday and Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Daywork View Post

never read the science behind it but muay thai fighters go for ice baths after training & fighting. also saw wand & bader do it. maybe it's more for the analgesic effect, that & it forces your body temperature to rise burning more calories.

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18...-and-vitality/

Article on Ice Bathing/Cold Shower/Cold Water Therapy and how it affects your body.

Benefits listed in article of cold water:

-Improve Circulation
    -Relieves Depression
    -Keep skin/hair healthy (more like "keeping it normal," because hot showers harm hair and skin)
    -Strengthens immunity
    -Increases testosterone
    -Increases fertility
    -Increases Energy and Well Being

^^^ In red is the big reason for doing it for fat lost/workout recovery.
    "The gods we worship write their names on our faces, be sure of that. And a person will worship something, have no doubt about that, either. One may think that tribute is paid in secret, in the dark recesses of his or her heart, but it is not. That which dominates imagination and thoughts will determine life and character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we are worshiping, for what we are worshiping we are becoming."
    -RALPH WALDO EMERSON

Quote Originally Posted by conk2000 View Post
    http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18...-and-vitality/

Article on Ice Bathing/Cold Shower/Cold Water Therapy and how it affects your body.

Benefits listed in article of cold water:

-Improve Circulation
    -Relieves Depression
    -Keep skin/hair healthy (more like "keeping it normal," because hot showers harm hair and skin)
    -Strengthens immunity
    -Increases testosterone
    -Increases fertility
    -Increases Energy and Well Being

^^^ In red is the big reason for doing it for fat lost/workout recovery.
    i call BS!

it's not in witten in deuteronomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daywork View Post

It has to do with relieving inflammation and toxins in your body, allowing expedited recovery. Many people believe in it but if you haven't figured out by now that there is no magic bullet.....

I don't like how people torture themselves in the name of health and fitness, I think it is stupid and I am guilty of this right now in regards to my diet. Unless you are a professional athlete that needs quick recovery or you are training for a marathon etc, there is no reason to put yourself through it at all. Unless you enjoy it but I have yet to see one scientific research h article that confirms all of the benefits. Just like alternative medicine docs and chiropractors, claims look cool on paper but they lack the punch of actual evidence.

**Side Note** - I don't want to imply that chiropractors don't have any merit but some of their claims are pretty outrageous. Getting adjusted will fix IBS, Diabetic Neuropathy, and Sinus Infections? I call bullsh!t

Oh I don't know if I can do that cold shower stuff LOL I tried it today after my swim. No just lap swimming. I swam as fast as I could, then rest repeat for 30 minutes. I turned the shower on cold, just couldn't do it lol.

lots of good advice and my advice is always the same but I'd cut back low intensity cardio and lift 3 days a week focused on big lifts, raise the calorie intake and count your macros making sure you're protein heavy, stop drinking juice and/or pop if you haven't already, drink more water, etc.

as far as hormones and t levels you might want to get bloodwork done if that could be an issue

I don't drink Juice or soda. Only water and a few cups of coffee.

I can't lift to much. I have/had a pinched nerve in my neck. It took away all my strength in my right arm, my arm still goes numb every so often. I'm trying to build it back up but it will take sometime.

I'm changing my workout come Monday. and I'm going to eat more.

+ Reply to Thread