+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ray Lewis Accused of Using Banned Substance

Default Ray Lewis Accused of Using Banned Substance

So I have been hearing about this for the last few hours now, SI being the main source.

Apparently Lewis is being accused of using deer antler velvet extract to help speed up his recovery from his torn tricep earlier this season. Apparently the extract contains IGF-1, which is on the NFL banned substance list.

The story gets stranger by the minute, but the accuser claims have recorded phone calls in which Lewis is asking how to use it, etc. Lewis did come back very quickly from an injury that was supposed to end his season when it first happened. My question is what happens if this is found to be true? You would think there is not enough time for a full investigation, and Lewis is done after Sunday. So there would be no way to suspend him, and it would probably be pretty hard to fine him too. I'm not saying he used it, but I would laugh my ass off if he wasn't allowed to play in the Super Bowl. I'm on my phone so I can't post a link to the source at the time, but I will when I get home. But there seems to be some pretty damning evidence against him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-torn-triceps/
    Last edited by Straight_Crown; 01-29-2013 at 02:54 PM.

HAHAHA.....this could get crazy...but, ehh, it wont diminish what he's done for 17 years. Still go down as one of the greats. Fuk, LT used coke for half his career and is still regarded as a "great".

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.

Abortion Inc.

But LT didn't spend 100% of his time looking for a camera to jump in front of so he can spout off about how God is responsible for all of his achievements, when really it was because he was using illegal substances to gain an advantage.

I find some of the writers takes on the subject very interesting. Imagine these accusations

to a baseball player, before a world series ? This first ballot hall of fame talk

for Ray ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    But LT didn't spend 100% of his time looking for a camera to jump in front of so he can spout off about how God is responsible for all of his achievements, when really it was because he was using illegal substances to gain an advantage.
    ummm...LT, most definitely was not camera shy....at all.

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.

Abortion Inc.

He hasnt tested positive and the guy has brought up Ray's name in the past to no avail.

I'm personally moving along with my week.
    Last edited by conair2187; 01-29-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conair2187 View Post
    He hasnt tested positive and the guy has brought up Ray's name in the past to no avail.

I'm personally moving along with my week.
    yeah, didnt we hear about the dear juice awhile back? I think this is a non starter.

Football positive tests don't nearly carry the same weight as baseball. However, because it's Ray Lewis, it would be big news

Quote Originally Posted by purekane View Post
    I find some of the writers takes on the subject very interesting. Imagine these accusations

to a baseball player, before a world series ? This first ballot hall of fame talk

for Ray ends.
    Not necessarily. Baseball has a "Morals Clause" that the voters have to go by. Football doesn't have that. I've heard multiple people that have votes for the baseball HoF say that they won't vote for guys who they think have juiced, but if it was a football player and they thought he juiced, they would still vote them in.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveBear View Post
    ummm...LT, most definitely was not camera shy....at all.
    Yeah that's not the point tho. Lewis is constantly blabbing about how everything he achieves is thru God and hard work, when really it is from cheating. If he is in fact using a banned substance, which to me, he isn't until he is proven to have done so.

+ Reply to Thread