+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Road to Wrestlemania 29

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    I'm a big rock fan,

But why is he back in the WWE? Is his movie roles going down? I saw a new commercial for his new movie, "snitch"

Is he using the wwe exposure to pimp out this movie???
    The Rock's movie roles are actually rising. I think he is honestly doing this for fun and his love for the business. The money is certainly nowhere near what he makes per movie. Think about it, he's got Snitch, Pain and Gain, GI Joe and Fast and Furious 6 all coming out within a few months of one another.

Rock's original management team told him to stay away from wrestling, even though he wanted to be somehow involved. His ex-wife is his new manager and opened that door b/c she recognizes the love he has for the business. I think The Rock did get pissed the last time he was back b/c they put him in a mid-card match with Mic Foley against Evolution. He felt disrespected, don't know how true those two things are, read them a while back on the Internet.

I like the new belt a hell of a lot more than the "spinner".

Rock is entertaining and he hasnt lost too much of his in ring ability. I'm glad hes back.

Does anybody have any idea on what they are going to do with CM punk for WM?

Quote Originally Posted by !purerockfury! View Post
    I like the new belt a hell of a lot more than the "spinner".

Rock is entertaining and he hasnt lost too much of his in ring ability. I'm glad hes back.

Does anybody have any idea on what they are going to do with CM punk for WM?
    The Rumor was Undertaker, but nobody knows if he's actually going to wrestle this year. The next idea that they kind of hinted at on Raw this week was a triple threat of Rock/Cena/Punk which I absolutely hate. I'll be there and nothing bothers me more on the grandest stage of them all than a Triple threat match. Only one in the history of Wrestlemania has been good and that was Triple H, HBK and Benoit. The rest have been atrocious.

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

I've found that CM Punk is one of the only reasons to tune in. I think Ryback is lame...could be cool...but...he just comes off so lame.

Cena is unwatchable.

Rock is stale, we've seen it before. Many, many...many...many times before.

Ziggler is solid, I like this guy, he's gonna be around for awhile.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

Earlier today, TMZ.com broke the story that WWE superstar Jack Swagger was arrested in Mississippi last night after a SmackDown taping and charged with DUI, marijuana possession and speeding (all misdemeanors).

Swagger is in the midst of the biggest push of his career and is scheduled to challenge for Alberto Del Rio's World Heavyweight championship at WrestleMania 29. It remains to be seen how WWE will respond to Swagger's DUI & drug arrest, but the following portion of WWE's Wellness Policy could spell trouble for him:

"Any WWE Talent, who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of drugs will be in material breach of his/her contract with WWE and subject to immediate dismissal."
    "Subject" to immediate dismissal does not mean mandatory dismissal. Countless WWE wrestlers have been arrested for DUI in recent years, however the drug possession charge could really hurt him.

Same thing happened to RVD at the height of his career and he had to drop the title. I hope Swagger gets to keep his current push.

They have put Punk in a very odd position. Either he beats Cena tonight and we have a 3 way, or he's going to get The Undertaker but going in with 3 straight losses, no momentum, and no hope of him winning. They should have kept the belt on him and did championship streak vs mania streak.

I'd rather see Taker, Sheamus and Ryback vs The Shield. Have the shield go over Sheamus, and they can claim they ended takers streak, even though he wasn't pinned. You protect the streak but still give huge rub to the shield.

Or Ryback turns during the match and squashes Taker, gets a huge push and faces Taker at 30.

Lots of interesting ways to go to try to get someone other than these lame part timers over.
    Wally Wallington on the possibility that the Egyptians had advanced technology, which has since been lost, to help with the construction of the pyramids:

I think it is exciting that they were so advanced they could make mechanical stone cutting machines that made the stone look exactly like hand carved stone
    Have you tried life in HiFi yet?
    http://www.lifeinhifi.com

i have a feeling that at this year's WM, John Cena will beat the Rock.

i've been watching a lot of wrestling documentaries and noticed that they always try to make it fair with the big names, for example:

Stone Cold Steve Austin beat the Rock in their first 2 WM, because he was the bigger name (and made WWF mainstream with the Vince McMahon feud and Mike Tyson/DX exposure) and rock was still rising. Rock won the 3rd WM fight to even it out. and Stone Cold's stock was down.

Rock beat hogan at WM, came back 7 years later, and beat John Cena in Miami.

this time, they'll give the WM to Cena for carrying the company for the past 8 years when Rock was gone.
    Last edited by BJPENNSTATE; 03-02-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    i have a feeling that at this year's WM, John Cena will beat the Rock.

i've been watching a lot of wrestling documentaries and noticed that they always try to make it fair with the big names, for example:

Stone Cold Steve Austin beat the Rock in their first 2 WM, because he was the bigger name (and made WWF mainstream with the Vince McMahon feud and Mike Tyson/DX exposure) and rock was still rising. Rock won the 3rd WM fight to even it out. and Stone Cold's stock was down.

Rock beat hogan at WM, came back 7 years later, and beat John Cena in Miami.

this time, they'll give the WM to Cena for carrying the company for the past 8 years when Rock was gone.
    Cena will win because I cant see any scenario in which the biggest star in the last 15 years would lose 3 straight wrestlemania main events.

+ Reply to Thread