+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Road to Wrestlemania 29

I think Brock is beginning to look old in the face. I think his last 2 UFC fights took a lot out of him. I really enjoy seeing him in a WWE ring though and hope he around a little bit more with this new contract.

The thing that sucks about wrestlemania is the fact that it is completely centered around part time wrestlers. Rock/Brock/HHH/Undertaker. The current roster is barely going to get any quality screen time at WM and leading up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by xXLongRangeXx View Post
    Yep, and thank **** they've got the title off Crack Magnet - that guy bugs the **** out of me, it's been a painful 1+ year having to put up with him and his legion of hopped up fans.

The Rock having to title should pull in some serious money for the company at the very least - i dare say they'll easily see their best ratings in years.
    I still have to watch both Royal Rumble and Raw this week - but looking forward to it to see Jericho and Brock back.

Undertaker coming back will be obligatory as apparently he will be giving Punk his moment at Wrestlemania before he slips back into the mid card where people will forget about him again. Who knows, the greasy little bastard may have to develop his own character now, as i can't see him ripping Undertaker off the way he has all his opponents through the title run.

It kinda sucks they didn't use the Rumble to elevate someone like Barrett or Ziggler, but hell, Ziggler still has MITB to use - **** knows why they're dragging that out so long - my guess is they used Del Rio due to doing a lot of shows on the West Coast of the US and cashing on the Mexican crowd.
    Cena winning was pretty much a given as no one else could've assured the magnitude of Wrestlemania against Rock.

I'm looking forward to the Road now.
    Hate much?

As for Punk "ripping off" people... you should check out his pre-WWE stuff. Punk's pretty much Punk, same dude since IWA and ROH that he is now. NOt really ripping off anyone. He's always an obnoxious douche.
    07/07/10.. Brock Lesnar will beat any HW he faces in the next 3 years and will retire with only one loss on his record. (was wrong about this, for sure!)

Jon Jones is the most talented d*ck tucking b*tch in UFC history! Just fight Rashad already if you're not scared like you say you are.

I don't think i was exactly hiding my hatred - i was making it as blatantly obvious as possible to see if Crack Magnet had his typical internet white knights here.

Problem is i don't mind his pre-WWE stuff. But every one of his angles since winning the title has been a play off someone else. Yet the internetz experts seem to think he is cutting edge and original... anyone can grab a mic and ramble for 20mins non-stop about how they've been held back - Austin is one of the few that made an impact with it. Punk has really been given more shots than most - he just doesn't ever stay all that important when he hasn't got a belt.

It may be more blame on the creative team - but good performers find a way. Punk, IMO always just seems to need them to get right behind him because he just doesn't sell himself in a way that keeps people interested for all that long.

Kofi Kingston is one that gets dogged regularly, but still has a massive fan following both with the "bloggers" and the mainstream audience. It's almost like he doesn't need creative to give him a monster run because people like him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by !purerockfury! View Post
    I think Brock is beginning to look old in the face. I think his last 2 UFC fights took a lot out of him. I
    The life threatening illness he had twice may have something to do with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    For most of Vince's tenure running the WWF/WWE, they've booked a minimum of 6 months in advance. I know that when Russo was heading the writing team that went away and they booked more by the seat of their pants, looking only to the next PPV or 2.

I personally think Vince is better when he's got long term plan. One reason I stopped watching was that it all got to seem hodge podge thrown together stuff. I missed the days where stories resolved over months, not weeks.
    Except when Vince would get a wild hair and change everything. If ratings took a dive or an angle did not get over, he would change overall plans. But the big PPVs were generally planned out well in advance. In some cases, they had the WM main event outcome 9 months ahead of time. How they would get there was not always set, but they knew who would come out as champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    -Rock is back as WWE Champion
    -Jericho returned last night at the Royal Rumble
    -Brock just returned tonight and F-5'd Vince
    -HHH and Taker are soon on their way.

If you were a big fan of wrestling in the early 2000's, this is the time for you. All the big guys are coming back for the big show
    Wooooooooooooooooooo.

Just add Kurt angle and edge and this WM would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by !purerockfury! View Post
    I think Brock is beginning to look old in the face. I think his last 2 UFC fights took a lot out of him. I really enjoy seeing him in a WWE ring though and hope he around a little bit more with this new contract.

The thing that sucks about wrestlemania is the fact that it is completely centered around part time wrestlers. Rock/Brock/HHH/Undertaker. The current roster is barely going to get any quality screen time at WM and leading up to it.
    The current roster have the rest of the year to put themselves in position for a WM spot and yet fail year after year. Says quite a bit about the current roster in my opinion that they cannot use the time available to them to take a spot from some regurgitated has been. I understand people have their favorites from the past and want to see them no matter what, but if you have the whole year to get over while the guy from the past isn't around and can't get the job done..then thats on you. Honestly look at Stone Cold's career and how he started in the WWE (he used to mid card at best with Savio Vega for crying out loud) and he rose up on his own abilities to take his spot as one of (if not the) best of all time. The current crop from what I have seen don't know how to take an opportunity and use it to leapfrog into a main event spot....might be because they lack the charisma necessary, or the mic skills, or plain suck at wrestling...but for whatever the reason this crop is near unwatcheable....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

My bro has always had a knack for picking wresling talent. He picked out Rick Rude when he was like 3 in 1986, he picked out "Rocky Maivia" as a "huge star in the making" in 1996, and he picked "The Prototype" as the next big thing in 2000. His latest pick for superstar? Dolph Ziggler. He said he is the next coming of Curt Hennig, and he said that 2 1/2 years ago.
    2014 Weekly NFL Survivor Champion

Have you tried life in HiFi yet?
    http://www.lifeinhifi.com

New WWE Championship. I don't know if I really like it. My favorite is still the Eagle belt, but anything is better than the spinner title

I'm a big rock fan,

But why is he back in the WWE? Is his movie roles going down? I saw a new commercial for his new movie, "snitch"

Is he using the wwe exposure to pimp out this movie???

+ Reply to Thread