+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Road to Wrestlemania 29

I think it's more so the main events for Wrestlemania that seem to be a year in advance thing - like promoting The Rock v Cena the day after Wrestlmania, and then the inevitable rematch that is coming.

Not really a bad thing, i haven't had much joy out of the WWE title for a while now - they can do what they please.

So glad to see wrestling talk! I have recently slowly been getting back into it.

You guys may not like Punk, (I sort of do) but just from watching I feel like things are more popular for the first time since the early 2000s. Maybe I am wrong.

Don't forget that the Elimination Chamber is coming up and that could change everything.

I think its getting there - i've felt for a while that WWE was only a few moves away from being pretty big again.

Having Rock is good because it should mean people that used to watch will see that there are some really solid guys coming up. People like Cesaro, Barrett, Rhodes and even Sandow have been highly entertaining lately. Daniel Bryan and Kane have been great through their tag title run. Not sure about Ryback, but he's had a HUGE push and seems to be getting better at a good rate.
    The Shield have been good, but i'd like to see them get some match time - the whole random attack thing is getting kinda boring to me at the moment. All three look good and should do well.

Some really good things to look forward to IMO.

Are any of you going to WM?

I have a couple of friends going and I'm strongly considering going myself. My son is 6 and loves Cena so I'm thinking about taking the plunge and getting us a couple tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by !purerockfury! View Post
    Are any of you going to WM?

I have a couple of friends going and I'm strongly considering going myself. My son is 6 and loves Cena so I'm thinking about taking the plunge and getting us a couple tickets.
    I will be there yes. My debate is going to the Hall of Fame at the Garden and Axxess at Izod

^ hall of fame shows are great if you dig that kind of thing.

Axxess can be hit or miss. If you want autographs be ready to wait on long lines.
    RIP Ronnie. \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    I will be there yes. My debate is going to the Hall of Fame at the Garden and Axxess at Izod
    Im really close to going to this. I have four major purchases in mind for the next couple months. WM, UFC159, a new pistol and a new computer.

Two of them are going to happen...

I like The Rock being back and I like how CM Punk "shoots" a lot of his interviews. I enjoy the intensity and the passion they bring but I just can't get into watching too many matches. I get tired of armbars and RNCs as well as other MMA rip-off gimmicks, if I see somebody holding on an armbar, fully extended for more than a second, I'm going to f*cking scream.

Be your own product for Christ's sake, stop riding the coat tail of other popular sports. I hated the Toughman contest they had and I hate the MMA far right now. Especially after seeing how big of pussies these guys can be when truly getting punched in the face ala Batista and Brock.

Pretty much why i dislike CM Punk was because he decided to have an opinion on MMA. One of the interviews he did a while back he called himself a "Muay Thai" stylist and then went on to say how he trained in BJJ, but he didn't like doing classes because he didn't like rolling with Joe Public... not making enough money to get a decent trainer for private lessons?
    I nearly threw up when he and Daniel Bryan mimicked the Anderson v Chael finish. I just don't think he's that great to begin with - he has a big internet following, and uses an image made popular by others - in more ways than one.

Crack Magnet apparently now wants to be known as the "Peoples Champion".

He is relatively decent on the mic, but for crying out load, after a minute or two i'm skipping ahead 10/15mins - there's only so much of "that kind" of babble i can take... the reason shoot interviews have impact is because they don't happen that often... when you hear it twice a show, and it is the same regurgitated dribble... when does it stop being a shoot and just become the same crap that was said the last 14 months straight?

At least Alberto Del Rio had one legit MMA match - he may have nearly been decapitated by CroCop, but it's more than Crack Magnet can say for himself.

Brock's ****ing amazing in WWE. Just looks like a real bad mother ****er...He's in a lot better shape now too then when he returned the first time

+ Reply to Thread