+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Road to Wrestlemania 29

Default Road to Wrestlemania 29

-Rock is back as WWE Champion
    -Jericho returned last night at the Royal Rumble
    -Brock just returned tonight and F-5'd Vince
    -HHH and Taker are soon on their way.

If you were a big fan of wrestling in the early 2000's, this is the time for you. All the big guys are coming back for the big show

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Macho Man make an appearance?

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by mattydeathmetal View Post
    Macho Man make an appearance?

Yeah, Him and Warrior. They cut this promo

Yep, and thank **** they've got the title off Crack Magnet - that guy bugs the **** out of me, it's been a painful 1+ year having to put up with him and his legion of hopped up fans.

The Rock having to title should pull in some serious money for the company at the very least - i dare say they'll easily see their best ratings in years.
    I still have to watch both Royal Rumble and Raw this week - but looking forward to it to see Jericho and Brock back.

Undertaker coming back will be obligatory as apparently he will be giving Punk his moment at Wrestlemania before he slips back into the mid card where people will forget about him again. Who knows, the greasy little bastard may have to develop his own character now, as i can't see him ripping Undertaker off the way he has all his opponents through the title run.

It kinda sucks they didn't use the Rumble to elevate someone like Barrett or Ziggler, but hell, Ziggler still has MITB to use - **** knows why they're dragging that out so long - my guess is they used Del Rio due to doing a lot of shows on the West Coast of the US and cashing on the Mexican crowd.
    Cena winning was pretty much a given as no one else could've assured the magnitude of Wrestlemania against Rock.

I'm looking forward to the Road now.
    Last edited by xXLongRangeXx; 01-29-2013 at 10:54 AM.

they got the whole crew back together again, except for stone cold and cactus.
    "doesn't nothing ever last forever?"

Jericho's pop at the rumble was pretty ****ing awesome. He is my all time favorite who isnt a double murderer.

It looks like they are going with Lesnar/hhh II at wrestlemania. I hate HHH and I dont think anybody wants to see that rematch. Rock/Cena II should be good, but Im not looking forward to Cena winning the title again.

Cena has been out of the title picture for a year and is still carrying the company, it is his time to get it back. However, don't be surprised if Ziggler doesn't cash in his MITB contract once Cena or The Rock wins, that would be epic.

Who is The Taker going to go against? Why would it be Punk? I hope they dont make Taker drop his streak to one of them. If anybody should have done it, it should have been Orton back when He was the Legend Killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    Cena has been out of the title picture for a year and is still carrying the company, it is his time to get it back. However, don't be surprised if Ziggler doesn't cash in his MITB contract once Cena or The Rock wins, that would be epic.

Who is The Taker going to go against? Why would it be Punk? I hope they dont make Taker drop his streak to one of them. If anybody should have done it, it should have been Orton back when He was the Legend Killer.
    Punk is what i've read. Nothing more than cheat sheet reports though. I wouldn't be surprised though, WWE are scheduling ridiculously way in advance at the moment.

I remember reading an interview with Taker where he said the closest he came to letting his streak end was against Kane in their second Wrestlemania. I think that was at a time when he wanted to hang them up and then decided to stay on part time.

Ziggler's MITB is confusing - cause his apparently for the World Heavyweight title, but before the PPV i remember Cena saying he wanted to win and beat Big Show, but faced Junk for the WWE title. **** knows, they do still change things on the fly so yeah, we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post

There's no way Rock goes over Cena for a second consecutive Wrestlemania. Cena is most certainly going to get that Rub. However, it is in NY/NJ at MetLife. Cena is going to get booed out of the stadium. It's going to be crazy.

For most of Vince's tenure running the WWF/WWE, they've booked a minimum of 6 months in advance. I know that when Russo was heading the writing team that went away and they booked more by the seat of their pants, looking only to the next PPV or 2.

I personally think Vince is better when he's got long term plan. One reason I stopped watching was that it all got to seem hodge podge thrown together stuff. I missed the days where stories resolved over months, not weeks.
    A Black Belt is just a White Belt who didn't quit.

+ Reply to Thread