• no

4 18.18%
  • Obama

1 4.55%
  • Romney

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would you let your kid play football?

Quote Originally Posted by math is hard View Post
    On the contrary: I used to believe that the yokels who post here could be convinced by evidence and reason. That was taking the internet too seriously.
    Um... So should we be convinced that the economy is ok because of some non-sense Keynesian charts that never predict reality and fail time after time? Should we be convinced that the number of legal gun owners is a big problem in America because foreigners who never lived here and don't understand American culture but watch CNN and BBC decide to comment on it? Should we be convinced that Obama should take no blame for his actions, even though they are his actions...

I mean what are we missing that you are hitting? Please fill me in.

(STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN Haha I win jk)

Quote Originally Posted by Time Warner View Post
    Um... So should we be convinced that the economy is ok because of some non-sense Keynesian charts that never predict reality and fail time after time? Should we be convinced that the number of legal gun owners is a big problem in America because foreigners who never lived here and don't understand American culture but watch CNN and BBC decide to comment on it? Should we be convinced that Obama should take no blame for his actions, even though they are his actions...

I mean what are we missing that you are hitting? Please fill me in.

(STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN STAW-MAN Haha I win jk)
    Hahaha, good one. You almost had me for a second there.

Hahaha, good one. You almost had me for a second there.
    Haha, I almost thought that you were going to hit me with some hard-evidence and reason on serious issues that us yokes can not comprehend (as you pointed out), you almost had me for a second there.

:/

Haha, I almost thought that you were going to hit me with some hard-evidence and reason on serious issues that us yokes can not comprehend (as you pointed out), you almost had me for a second there.

:/
    I'm not sure who you think you're talking to. I've never once stated an opinion on any of the things you asked me about. I thought that was the joke.

I'm not sure who you think you're talking to. I've never once stated an opinion on any of the things you asked me about. I thought that was the joke.
    I am responding to the guy who just said "I used to believe that the yokels who post here could be convinced by evidence and reason."

So what are you hitting that we are missing?

I am responding to the guy who just said "I used to believe that the yokels who post here could be convinced by evidence and reason."

So what are you hitting that we are missing?
    Hahaha, nope. You're doing a good job channeling Jackel, though.

Hockey and football share some common problems. The issues of gratuitous head shots and concussions prime among them.

If you wouldn't put your kid in football don't think hockey is any safer.

I'm looking forward to early retirement when my unborn son makes the NFL.

The NFL won't exist by then. So you better get crack in'.

Quote Originally Posted by zakath View Post
    Hockey and football share some common problems. The issues of gratuitous head shots and concussions prime among them.

If you wouldn't put your kid in football don't think hockey is any safer.
    Essentially, hockey is no safer than football. In many respects it's even more dangerous. In addition to the sickening hits, you have separate variables at play (the ice, the skate blades, the sticks, the 100 mph flying pucks, the boards, the bare knuckle fighting, etc). There are so many different ways to get fucked up while playing hockey.

Football is more dangerous in the sense that the players run full speed, lower their heads, and hit each other like rams. It's virtually the only sport in the world where the players do that. You can't do that in hockey without dying.

The reason why I think hockey is safer for children than football is that with hockey, it's not necessary to have full body contact. You can still play hockey without the body checks. You can't take the contact out of football, because then it becomes a completely different game.
    2009, 2010 OD Heavyweight Grand Prix Champion

Discipline: Wallachian Karate

Turn ons: Rainy days and kittens

Turn offs: Smokers and red meat

+ Reply to Thread