+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone heard Clay Guida's walk out song?

God, the dude kills me. How can you move around so damn much without doing anything?

He ruined that, and many, fights.

How Guida won that fight is beyond me. Maybe he won the third because he actually passed to half guard and managed to stay there for 30 seconds and land some shoulder strikes but the first two rounds were clearly for Hioki. Even in the judging criteria. Effective striking? Hioki hands down. I don't think Guida landed any significant strikes the first two rounds. Aggression? Hioki also. Watch the fight again after the first round Hioki was stalking Guida while Guida danced around on the outside. Hioki was also 1000X more aggressive on the ground. Guida basically laid there an threw his legs up spastically to make it seem that he's keeping busy.

Is thereanother fighter out there who an judge as accurately as Guida when it comes to his wins/losses?

ie:

Win = boring as ****!

Loss = Very exciting fight!

Quote Originally Posted by lynchman View Post
    I have been a fan in the past, but have lost interest in the last year. Final straw was the time it took him to weigh-in. Dude could not stop mugging and bouncing. Just get on the damn scale and face off.
    I don't usually agree with you but this last weigh-in, he was ridiculous, all that jumping around gets old very fast. Even DW was getting a little pissed off with his antics. That's his only gimmick, then after the fight is over he continues his ridiculous jumping around and parading around with his hands raised clapping as if he just won the title. He did no damage to his opponent, not even when having top position. He is not a very exciting fighter to watch IMO.

+ Reply to Thread