+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help with Protein Powders and/or other supplements

Default Help with Protein Powders and/or other supplements

Hey guys,

I've been lurking on the main forum for four or five years now and just started checking out this part in the last week or so (as my new years resolution is to get back in shape)

Wondering if you guys have any advice or suggestions on things like Protein/Whey powders or any other kind of supplements. I don't really have any specific questions as I have absolutely no knowledge on these things at all besides maybe are they necessary? What do they do?

I'm looking to lose some weight and more just get back in shape. Have started lifting some weights and doing some cardio, things I have never done in my life in a gym setting. Always just played sports and stayed generally active but have gotten lazy the last couple years and have had a couple injuries that prevented me from playing sports.

Not sure if these things are affected by age/height/weight etc either but pretty much any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Personally, my favorite protein powder I've used, at least in the last couple years, is Dymatize Nutrition Elite XT (also known as 12-Hour). http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller= I've gotten the Fudge Brownie, Banana Nut, and Rich Chocolate and all were really good. Banana Nut was the best.

I also had one I used to use in high school that was really good but I can't remember what the name was. If I see it, I'll remember, but can't for the life of my come up with it right now.
    Underdog Challenge V Champion

what's wrong with dead animals?
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

I eat my unborn animals before I work out. Then I have my protein shake after the workout on my way to work. I eat lots of dead animals for lunch/dinner.
    Underdog Challenge V Champion

Optimum gold standard 100% whey.

It's expensive, 10 lbs for 90 bucks,

But it has the lowest fat content.

I use that whey, multivitamin, fish oil.

That's all you need.

Creatine, jacked, etc is bad for your body.

Per Scoop Info:

26 g Protein
    8 g Carbs
    140 calories
    2 g Fat

The chocolate is tasty and not chalky at all. It sells for like $13 at Walmart.

A lot (all?) of these are full of some really nasty chemicals. Carry-over from feed lots, antibiotics, heavy metals, cadmium, lead, arsenic. Hit a Google search up and see what you can find. I rarely use this stuff but I would stick with grass fed whey.

Quote Originally Posted by boonebaker View Post
    Personally, my favorite protein powder I've used, at least in the last couple years, is Dymatize Nutrition Elite XT (also known as 12-Hour). http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller= I've gotten the Fudge Brownie, Banana Nut, and Rich Chocolate and all were really good. Banana Nut was the best.

I also had one I used to use in high school that was really good but I can't remember what the name was. If I see it, I'll remember, but can't for the life of my come up with it right now.
    i use that elitext before bed, the fudge brownie taste is great.

optimums whey is good but i also like iso100 by dymatize

My go to proteins are Combat Powder or Syntha 6. I like anything that has a blend
    RIP WEC.....Thanks for the memories

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

+ Reply to Thread