+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Women in combat - thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Garth View Post
    You certainly are I'm predicting that women will be force fed into units they do not meet the minimum standards for.

The most optimistic estimate of failure rates for women, if the standards arent dropped which they will be, is over 99%. My estimate is that one out of 100,000 women could do it, and they're the freaks of nature who probably have dicks growing out of their clits anyway and have to shave their faces The barriers that currently exist are ones which cannot be overcome without enough steroids and hormones to make them grow a dick, need to shave their faces, and die at age 40

It's a simple truth of life and to deny it in the name of being "enlightened" is to be severely brainwashed. Also it takes a high level of brainwashed credulity to fail to consider the drastic changes it will bring to the group dynamic if it goes from all male to co-ed.

The bottom line is that every single argument against women in combat, standing alone, is a winning argument. But all together it takes a perfect storm of stupidity and delusion to to support it. The military does not exist to "make people feel good," or to be "fair."
    I suppose but if you let women try, then a lot of women are going to injure themselves trying and then the military has to pay them forever. For every one women to pass Ranger school, a hundred will injure themselves trying, end up with back problems and arthritis, and then the military has to pay them to do nothing, forever. End result= big waste of military time, money, and resources, all in the name of "fairness." Yes I am, you Tv addled dupe It only seems that way to an ignorant dupe who gets everything from TV. I dont brag about it but I was in the Airborne infantry when I was a kid, and not only that but I've read damn near every book I could find on elite combat units for around 6 years before I began to focus more on the "big picture" of WW2 and eventually the 20th century overall. Not only that but I grew up the son of an Airborne Ranger medic, and have maintained friendships in my adult life with real life combat marines, rangers, green berets, and I even used to socialize with a Delta Operator who was wounded in Somalia

I only advised you to watch a Discovery Channel program because, let's be honest, there is zero chance that you'll ever pick up a book about this subject

/pwnage
    Actually, you've mentioned on here several times that you were not able to serve for some sort of medical reason, if I recall correctly. So were you lying then or are you lying now?

And pwnage? really? Don't you have to go drive your Evo up a mountain or something?

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    Actually, you've mentioned on here several times that you were not able to serve for some sort of medical reason, if I recall correctly. So were you lying then or are you lying now?

I got in a car accident and was medically barred from re-enlisting, but thanks for lashing out in ego-wounded desperation, thereby singing "GOD HELP ME I'M PWND AND IT HUUUUUURRRRTTTS SOOOO BAAAAD!!!"

Why don't you lash out again, and go for the hat trick of fail? You've got nothing to lose at this point. You just threw the remainder of your dignity into the fire

EDIT: Beee yotch [slapping your face with my riding glove]
    Last edited by Lord Garth; 01-26-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Look, this thread sank under the massive weight of someguy's failure.

Allen West, bona fide hero and the single greatest hope for America, weighs in
    Quote Originally Posted by America's white knight
    Women in combat billets? Another misconceived lib vision of fairness and equality,” tweeted the Republican from Florida who served in the military for more than 20 years.
    Continue Reading
    Text Size
    -+reset
    Panetta officially announces lift on ban

NOW president weighs in (POLITICO LIVE)

Latest on POLITICO

Poll: Women in combat roles backed
    (Also on POLITICO: Panetta to lift ban on women in combat)
    His comment came a day after news broke, indicating that the Pentagon would remove a ban that prevents women from serving in direct ground combat positions in the military.
    West, who served as a lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army, took to Facebook to further bash the decision.
    [To] make the insidious policy decision that we shall now open up combat billets to women is something completely different,” he wrote, saying that women already have the potential to engage in some combat situations. “GI Jane was a movie and should not be the basis for a policy shift. I … have known women who are Apache and Cobra helicopter pilots … but being on the ground and having to go mano y [sic] mano in close combat is a completely different environment.”
    (PHOTOS: Female war veterans: From uniform to Congress)
    He called the strategy a “social experiment” and said that given the challenges facing the country, now is not the time to try it.
    Unless the Obama administration has not noticed, we are fighting against a brutal enemy and now is not the time to play a social experiment with our ground combat forces,” he wrote. “President Obama, as Commander-in-Chief, should be focused on sequestration and the failure of his policies in the Middle East. This is the misconceived liberal progressive vision of fairness and equality which could potentially lead to the demise of our military.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...#ixzz2J7lfoqdI
    Last edited by Lord Garth; 01-26-2013 at 04:47 PM.

No. It was awesome. Inspirational, motivational, leaves you with a great feeling, never drags for a second(the whole movie is like 1:35). Mr T? Hulk Hogan? Two stars were born. Mr T-out of nowhere at the time- as Clubber Lang was powerhouse. Though he would prove to have limited range, Clubber lang was played with all the intensity and perfection of Bill the butcher.

What a story: A venerated 10 time defending champion, approaching retirement, is forced to realize that he, while great, has also been sheltered. He's Fedor, and he can't reconcile that in his mind. He can't be satisfied and call it a career without proving that he's as good as his nuthuggers say. This begins an epic adventure- indeed the classic hero's journey- that will see our Rocky experience the agony of defeat, go on a long journey to live with the black people -former enemies like in The Last Samurai or the true stories of Daniel Boone adopted into the indian tribe, experience the lows of self doubt and rise to climb the mountain -united as brothers with his old nemesis.

Eye of the Tiger? ****, even the soundtrack was perfect. Probably the #1 song that year. To look down your nose at Rocky 3 is to deprive yourself of sheer satisfaction. It's been too long since you watched it. From what I remembered as a kid I would have assumed it would suck as an adult, but as luck would have it it came on TCM a couple years ago and I was mesmerized. As good as the Godfather
    Agreed but Mr T was already somewhat famous, he had won that year's Toughman contest hence the name Mr "T". This movie did skyrocket him into superstardom if onl Lu short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    Agreed but Mr T was already somewhat famous, he had won that year's Toughman contest hence the name Mr "T". This movie did skyrocket him into superstardom if onl Lu short lived.
    He was about as famous as Hardbody Harrison, or Dan Severn when he won UFC 5.

He did become a household name right after.

He was about as famous as Hardbody Harrison, or Dan Severn when he won UFC 5.
    more like Butterbean. I think Butterbean was a little more well known than Severn when he won Toughman.

So without really reviewing the thread, I can tell you from personal experience that women in combat is not a good idea from a physical standpoint. Sure there may be the rare woman out there who can actually pass the physical regime necessary to actually make it into the field, but I would put that percent at lower than 1. As for the "lets put them out there and see if they handle the PT test and that should be the bar for in/out" theory, here's something from my personal experience:

Basic Training 1990 Lackland Airforce Base USAF.....5:00am wake up call to get down to the parade ground, sing the Air Force song in formation, then run to the training field for morning excercises (and remember this was the Air Force which is nothing like the Army/Marines for PT). Now at the time there were different dorms on the base but pretty much all of them did their morning excercise at the same time, which included the all female dorms. So everyone gets to the field and do the pushups/situps/crunches/jumping jacks/updowns/etc in formation....everyone gets yelled/screamed at the same, but as people start to weaken and tire, the Drill Instructors get mean and start pushing harder (things like sitting on people's backs while they do pushups, extra situps/etc added for not keeping up) on the guys while meanwhile you look over at the females and the Drill Instructors over there....are letting them after they tire do knees down push ups, half situps, and nothing extra for failing at something.

Now I can't personally speak for the other branches of the military, but I'm sure that the trend holds true that females aren't given the same physical/mental stress that the guys are and as Garth is saying it WEAKENS the military. Now I don't agree with him on why it is happening, but I do agree that it makes for a weaker military.

Bottom line is the military is supposed to be the people who are just that much more leaner/meaner than ordinary folk and can take great physical/mental strains/stresses. Most females do not measure up in that and therefore makes for a weaker military.

/genetics
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Can we all at least agree that if women are going to be in combat, they should at least be armed like everyone else? Crazy NY politician thinks Women need to be in combat, but we shouldn't be using assault rifles there because it is too hard for them to use.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/01...sault-weapons/

On the very same day that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women serving in active combat zones, a Democratic congresswoman from New York argued that assault weapons are actually difficult for women to handle and should therefore be banned.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy — a strong proponent for women serving in military combat roles — appeared on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight Thursday to make the case for Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s assault weapons ban. To that end, McCarthy argued that women should use traditional rifles rather than assault rifles because the former would would be “easier for a woman” to use.

PIERS MORGAN: I have an interview coming up with two young women who wrote a piece in which they said they wanted the rights of the AR-15 weapon at home because they feared they would be attacked and they wanted a gun that would guarantee they would murder or would kill their attacker. How do you respond to that particular argument, which is they believe under their second amendment right they should be allowed an AR-15?

CAROLYN MCCARTHY: I will tell you, if you talk to professionals, hunters and certainly sportsmen, they’ll tell you that’s not the gun to use. A rifle is more accurate. It’s certainly easier for a woman to be able to do that.

If this were actually true, McCarthy would seem to be admitting that there are limitations on what women can do in a combat position and perhaps the Defense Department’s ban should stand. More than likely, though, is that McCarthy is using gender-based arguments to try and bolster her stance against assault rifles. In other words, it’s…

Well, as always, I'm unwilling to watch videos so it's possible the video in the article supports what you're saying. But I doubt it. The article itself does not. It doesn't quote or paraphrase the "crazy NY politician" as saying women shouldn't use assault weapons in combat. It quotes her in reference to what weapons are generally easier/better for women to use in a home environment to protect themselves from intruders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post
    Can we all at least agree that if women are going to be in combat, they should at least be armed like everyone else? Crazy NY politician thinks Women need to be in combat, but we shouldn't be using assault rifles there because it is too hard for them to use.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/01...sault-weapons/
    Send lawyers, guns, and money... the shit has hit the fan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjn-VGXlEsU

+ Reply to Thread