+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIP Stan Musial

Default RIP Stan Musial

Baseball has lost one of its greatest ambassadors, not to mention his amazing playing career. Stan the Man was a true class act. Opening Day at Busch Stadium will never be the same.

I'm glad you started this thread. That guy could hit. He was before my time, but I saw tape of him and he had a sweet swing.

"It's hell being a straight white man in America these days." 50% of the posters on this board.

Awesome video. Stan was one of the best ever.

Great vid. I mentioned this in the HoF thread, but Musial grew up in my neighborhood. The one bridge that brings you into town is named The Stan "The Man" Musial Bridge. Ken Griffey Sr is also a native of my neighborhood and the school district we belong to recently renames the high school football field "Joe Montana Field." Montana went to school there obviously and grew up in the neighborhood next to mine.

And let's not forgot that Earl Seaver also passed away on the same day as Musial. Two LEGENDS gone on the same day. Sad day for baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Great vid. I mentioned this in the HoF thread, but Musial grew up in my neighborhood. The one bridge that brings you into town is named The Stan "The Man" Musial Bridge. Ken Griffey Sr is also a native of my neighborhood and the school district we belong to recently renames the high school football field "Joe Montana Field." Montana went to school there obviously and grew up in the neighborhood next to mine.

And let's not forgot that Earl Seaver also passed away on the same day as Musial. Two LEGENDS gone on the same day. Sad day for baseball.
    Is that Earl Weaver and Tom Seaver's kid?
    "It's hell being a straight white man in America these days." 50% of the posters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesod View Post
    Is that Earl Weaver and Tom Seaver's kid?
    Hahaha it might be! Not sure if that was an auto correct or just a good ole fashioned typo haha. But yeah, I meant Earl Weaver...

when you look at the numbers and accomplishments, you have to put Musial in the top 10 hitters of all time.

his numbers are crazy- .331 BA, 3 time MVP, 22 time All star, 4 time runner up for MVP, 14 time top 10 for MVP, 9th all time for WAR for position players, 13th all time OPS, 6th most games played, 9th most runs all time, 4th most hits all time, 2nd all time in total bases, 3rd all time in doubles, 6th all time RBIs, etc...

i guess my top 10 hitters would be something like Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb, Hank Aaron, Stan Musial, Willie Mays, Lou Gherig, Barry Bonds (if you include PED users), Albert Pujols, ARod (if you include PED users)

+ Reply to Thread