+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: UFC on FX discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ZuffaZombie View Post
    ???
    7-8-9-10... All TOP TEN positions. That is not "middle of the pack", despite what your opinion may be.

The UFC MW division is 60 fighters deep. Middle of the pack is the 25-40 range.

Despite his lack of punching power & questionable game plan vs Vitor, Bisping is still among the very best in the world. Calling him "middle of the pack" is downright ridiculous. Especially when you preface that statement by admitting that it is reasonable to rank him in the Top 10.
    7 to 10 is middle of the pack to me because the the difference between 7 and 15 isn't much. He's got huge issues ever being anything other than middle of the pack since he has no power, very little offensive wrestling, and not on great victory in over 20 fights. Middle of the pack despite what you think. So your opinion is superior why? Its about as weak as one of Bisping's punches.

And I would suggest that after watching him look like crap again vs anyone near the top that he's one of the best fighters in the world, that you might not quite understand the term "best" the way you think you do.
    Last edited by BJJMatty; 01-20-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Garth View Post
    I picked Vitor, but there was nothing ridiculous about picking Bisping
    that's generous of you to say. i picked bisping and felt silly - it's the first time in his career that i picked him against a solid guy. as the fight started i told my gf i picked the brit b/c i thought he was smart and could draw vitor into the late rounds. then i told her he got rocked wobbly by non-ufc level guys (elvis and kang) and i should have thought of that before picking. he looked scared in that second round, understandably.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJMatty View Post
    7 to 10 is middle of the pack to me because the the difference between 7 and 15 isn't much. He's got huge issues ever being anything other than middle of the pack since he has no power, very little offensive wrestling, and not on great victory in over 20 fights. Middle of the pack despite what you think. So your opinion is superior why? Its about as weak as one of Bisping's punches.

And I would suggest that after watching him look like crap again vs anyone near the top that he's one of the best fighters in the world, that you might not quite understand the term "best" the way you think you do.
    Why is my "opinion" superior? Perhaps because it's not an opinion, but a fact.

There are 60+ MW's in the UFC. By your own admission, Bisping is #7-15. That leaves AT LEAST 45 MW's, in the UFC alone, that are ranked below him. You're arguing an opinion that is refuted by facts & your own statement.

"Middle of the pack" by it's very definition would mean there are similar numbers of fighters ranked higher than Bisping as there are ranked lower. That's not the case (by your own admission). Therefore, your "opinion" in this instance isn't worth sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by OliG83v.2 View Post
    So much for all the so called experts on here with their "Bisping only has to survive the 1st round and he wins a UD!" Lol.

And did I mention Lol @ "Bisping only needs to survive the 1st round!"
    I think many people were saying the first couple rounds, not just the first. Vitor is notorious for starting off strong and he either finishes in the opening two frames or he loses by gassing out or losing his composure.

You don't have to be an expert to recognize patterns in a fighter's behavior. Just like BJ folds under pressure or GSP fights safe.

Lol'ing at a prediction makes you seem like a weinie b/c Vitor has not consistently shown the ability to keep his composure so it wasn't some far-fetched crazy idea. Then to dismiss them b/c they called it wrong, guess if a wrong prediction disqualifies you from being an expert, there is no such thing as an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuffaZombie View Post
    Why is my "opinion" superior? Perhaps because it's not an opinion, but a fact.

There are 60+ MW's in the UFC. By your own admission, Bisping is #7-15. That leaves AT LEAST 45 MW's, in the UFC alone, that are ranked below him. You're arguing an opinion that is refuted by facts & your own statement.

"Middle of the pack" by it's very definition would mean there are similar numbers of fighters ranked higher than Bisping as there are ranked lower. That's not the case (by your own admission). Therefore, your "opinion" in this instance isn't worth sh*t.
    I think everybody understood That Matty was talking about the top fighters in the division. Bisping isn't elite he is a middle of the road fighter when discussing the top athletes.

Nobody cares about the bottom 20 fighters in the UFC, they aren't in the discussion when talking about where a main card fighter lines up. Bisping isn't elite and he isn't great, he is a solid mid-card fighter and a gate-keeper, not part of the elite brand. I think that was Matty's point but I could be mistaken and I'm not agreeing or disagreeing.

Why does it not surprise me that I come into this thread straight to the last page and there is a long post from Oli about GSP. lol, i'm not even going to bother looking back to see how this came up.

So much for all the so called experts on here with their "Bisping only has to survive the 1st round and he wins a UD!" Lol.

And did I mention Lol @ "Bisping only needs to survive the 1st round!"

Like Floyd said, I think most people were saying the first few rounds. Judging by Vitor's career, it was a very logical prediction to make. You seem like a doucher laughing at people for making a prediction like that. It's not like it was some far fetched crazy idea.

A prediction to laugh at is like when "the greatest fight picker of all time" (you guys know who i am talking about) was certain Trigg was going to beat Koscheck.
    Last edited by airjasper; 01-20-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    Why does it not surprise me that I come into this thread straight to the last page and there is a long post from Oli about GSP. lol, i'm not even going to bother looking back to see how this came up.

Like Floyd said, I think most people were saying the first few rounds. Judging by Vitor's career, it was a very logical prediction to make. You seem like a doucher laughing at people for making a prediction like that. It's not like it was some far fetched crazy idea.

A prediction to laugh at is like when "the greatest fight picker of all time" (you guys know who i am talking about) was certain Trigg was going to beat Koscheck.
    And it is also worth noting that Bisping opted to trade with Vitor, rather than playing it safe early on. To be fair, he did have some success before getting killed.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchman View Post
    And it is also worth noting that Bisping opted to trade with Vitor, rather than playing it safe early on. To be fair, he did have some success before getting killed.
    Oh I never get tired of hearing the old "He was doing well before he got knocked out" argument. I know Vitor doesn't have the best cardio but no way I would pick The Count against a true top5 MW. Maybe I just hate Bisping but I don't see how he has fans. He is arrogant without any real accomplishments in the sport, he has no power to speak of, no real submission game, and he is barely better than mediocre in a weak devision.

Quote Originally Posted by adamg2001 View Post
    Maybe I just hate Bisping but I don't see how he has fans. He is arrogant without any real accomplishments in the sport, he has no power to speak of, no real submission game, and he is barely better than mediocre in a weak devision.

Maybe you just hate Bisping? Pretty sure you definitely hate Bisping judging by your post. Reading it one would never guess that he has finished 78% of his fights...Barely better than mediocre? Sure he can't beat the upper echelon guys, but being a top 10 fighter in the world is slightly better than mediocre there bud.

I'm not even a big Bisping fan but you are severely underestimating this guys skill in my opinion.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by seki View Post
    Bisping is still a top 5 MW IMO. He's not middle of the pack at all.
    Yeah he needs to get on TRT so he can compete on an even level. I aint calling Vitor a cheater but he found the fountain of youth somewhere. Especially after that interview he did where he basically implicated himself as a patient for TRT. Not a Bisping fan but alot of older fighters are suddenly getting better and ripped.

+ Reply to Thread