+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Belator 85 discussion thread

MMAWeekly Regular

Quote Originally Posted by xxxVALETUDOxxx View Post
    You are not able to assess fighters skill levels by whom they fight and how they match up? A guy like Maynard would never been lifted off the ground like that.

No, we don't know how Melendez will do, and because of that, I'm not going around calling him the best out there.

I knew the guys from the WEC, 155 and under, were going to do great in the UFC. And they have. WEC was not B league, it was a way for the UFC to acquire major talent. Unless of course, you considered Aldo, Benson, Faber, Cruz and others to be "2nd rate".

That's nonsense! Internet fan bois and their nonsense I find very silly. We may be able to see Chandler step it up one day, but until then, he's barely cracking the top 15 IMO. I don't buy Eddie being that great to be honest. And lets face it, that's Chandlers biggest win.
    I'm not able to do it with Chandler because we just haven't seen him truly tested yet.

No I don't think he'd take Maynard down so easily like that, but I don't know that it's impossible that he could beat him, it's really just hard to say at this point.

That, or him vs just about any top UFC LW, especially a wrestler, is what would show us where he's at, but we can't see that, so, yeah, it's hard for me to say and I don't really see how anyone can know for sure.

And even though the WEC guys did end up doing really well, there was really no way to tell at the time how Bendo, for example, would do against the top LWs, many on here, me included, did not think he could be the UFC LW champ and we were wrong.

I think we'll just have to wait and see what happens with Chandler but I don't think he'll be truly tested in Bellator, he'll be the big fish in the small pond.

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toehold View Post
    I'm not able to do it with Chandler because we just haven't seen him truly tested yet.
    Then without going into your post anymore, why would you not agree with me that he obviously isn't the 2nd best LW in the world right now?
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

Aldo, Faber and Cruz were part of the little league? You sure about that?

Actually, did you see Maynard and Guida? Maybe you need to go watch it again and get back to me.
    And WEC lightweights were viewed as inferior fighters to UFC llightweights. Who is the UFC champ?

Wasn't that where Maynard chased Guida around with no clue what to do but throw the same sloppy punches and he eventually landed something and won a close decision? Yeah I saw that. Open your eyes, watch Maynard-Guida, than watch Chandler-Alvarez and come back here and say Maynard would work Chandler. Have at it, boi.

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by what the? View Post
    And WEC lightweights were viewed as inferior fighters to UFC llightweights. Who is the UFC champ?

Wasn't that where Maynard chased Guida around with no clue what to do but throw the same sloppy punches and he eventually landed something and won a close decision? Yeah I saw that. Open your eyes, watch Maynard-Guida, than watch Chandler-Alvarez and come back here and say Maynard would work Chandler. Have at it, boi.
    By whom? Other then Edgar and BJ at the time, most thought that they would do fine and were heavily anticipating the eventual merger.

I know you know very little about fighting besides you watching it, as I doubt you have ever spent much time on a mat, let alone sparring heavily. When you have a guy that doesnt want to fight, theres not much you can do about it. Chandler won't be jogging backwards and he will be spending a lot of time against the cage eating GnP against Maynard. Let's get real here.

Hey, didn't you troll this place and say you only had one leg? Why am I conversing with you again? If I need to know the name of some washed up asian fighter, I'll ask you, but for anything else, I doubt you have called two fights correctly in a row....ever. Of course, other then Aoki, but we all know that he may as well be fighting Shannon Ritch when he goes out there in DREAM.

And why is Eddie such hot ****? His biggest win is either KO'ing Aoki, which 135 lbrs have done, Neer, and 145 lb champ Curran. Does that scream world beater to you? Give me one reason I should be impressed, peg leg.

But Chandler, 2nd best LW in the world? Exaggerate and jump on hype trains much? LMFAO.
    Last edited by xxxVALETUDOxxx; 01-17-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

MMAWeekly Regular

Then without going into your post anymore, why would you not agree with me that he obviously isn't the 2nd best LW in the world right now?
    Well I'm not saying it's obvious that he couldn't possibly be the 2nd best LW, or even the best LW in the world, but he also might not even make it into the top ten in the UFC, who knows.

I can imagine him doing pretty well and being in the top 10, maybe even the top 5, but there's no way to tell.

Man why the **** did Pitbull go away from those kicks? ???

Man, Curran and Chandler are the 2 best fighters outside of Zuffa, no question about it. Both had their toughest tests to date and both fought terrific. I'd love to see Chandler and Bendo man. That would be a war. It's a damn shame my favorite lightweight fighter fights in Bellator. He's a big fish in a small pond. Only fight for him is Alvarez if Bellator retains him
    Last edited by Murphs56; 01-18-2013 at 02:13 AM.

You've got to be kidding. Or trolling. If I was a betting man, I'd go with the latter, ol one leg.

I don't see the guy breaking into the top 5 in the UFC at all. I think he beats the Lauzons, Melvins and Varners, but gets worked by Maynard, Bendo, Diaz, Cerrone and maybe even Pettis.

Let's get real here, I understand you are jmma fan boi, but let's not get ahead of ourselves now. But let me guess, it was the win over DREAM star Alvarez that makes you think this...

Bellator is a farm system, like it or not. Bjorn tries his damndest to not make it so, but that's all it is. These guys are fighting here for a shot one day at the big show. Period.
    People have to start somewhere dude. Bendo, Pettis and Cerrone are all former WEC talent and all now are top 10 lightweights. If you can't see the talent in Chandler, you aren't really watching. He has the size, speed, wrestling and cardio to hang with top UFC talent. I'm not saying he'd be the champion, but the dude is very talented, young and only improving. He also trains at Alliance, which is easily becoming one of the best camps in all of MMA
    Last edited by Murphs56; 01-18-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Chandler looked very, very good. My concern with him is where he holds his hands i.e. very low. I don't know that he would be able to rush in like he did with Hahn. Other than that damn he looked solid. Pitbull is a brawler. It works for him most of the time , but when you fight a guy that does not get rattled like Curran, a guy who keeps his chin down and just stays in the pocket, then the brawling doesn't work so well. Curran reminds me of how Jeremy Horn would fight, hands high & his chin laying on his chest. Pitbull is like Lenord Garcia, very entertaining, but very wild.

Quote Originally Posted by HELP_ME_FIGHT View Post
    I would give Pat Curran the split decision. Good fight.
    So your multiple personalities weren't unanimous in who won?

On to the other points:

Part of Pitbull gassing was the nose. He couldn't get as much oxygen in his system.

And to be honest, I didn't think the fight was all that close, Curran was blocking a lot of what Pitbull threw, and landing his quick strikes. Pitbull's most effective offense was the leg kicks.

Chandler's looking very good, but I'm afraid it's really difficult to tell how good he is / can be until he fights better competition.

And did anyone else have issues with the video getting choppy when there was a lot of movement? It looked more like a webstream than HD to me at times.
    A Black Belt is just a White Belt who didn't quit.

+ Reply to Thread