+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Lance + Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    Well then, I stand corrected. I can definitely see the criticism.

To be fair though, I did say that I was not "in the know" about everything that went on but if what the little bit I did actually happen, it was BS for the people to do that. However, given your and sooner's post, I can't seem to do anything but agree with you.

As a side note, was Basson on Lance's team b/c I don't see how a competitor could ever "bully" someobe into quitting.

I understand where you are coming from. I have nowhere near the knowledge that sooner has, but Basson was not on Lance's team. From my understanding, Lance started "bullying" him and Basson was basically shunned in the cycling world. Not the biggest deal in the world, but again shows what type of a person Lance was. I am sure it was also done to intimidate anyone else who might think about speaking up.

I think the reason that this is such a huge story is because Lance was bigger than the sport. He was a crossover star and basically sold a story that wasn't true.
    He almost never knows what the **** he's talking about it, which explains why his 'opinions' are always so ****ed up.

He's a 10 year old who memorizes information intended for intelligent adults. He doesn't understand what he knows.

-Vlad on JackelSporty

mmaweekly's first diss rap! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzNE3...ature=youtu.be

I hate Lance, hated him for around a decade, never doubted that he juiced but do accept the "everyone else was doing it" rationalization.

I'm sure I'd have done the same thing in his shoes, except I dont think I would have chased 7, and been so dishonorable in the process

Lance is the real winner in the Manti Te'o thing. Everybody has shifted their focus.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Lance is the real winner in the Manti Te'o thing. Everybody has shifted their focus.
    Eh...Te'o has his whole life ahead of him to right what is really a hoax gone wrong that he trumped up in his own mind. Lance will never be able to right his wrongs and is already looking at losing everything. You may be right that some of the focus has shifted but its temporary at best. Bottom line is Te'o made a mistake and will (hopefully) learn from it and be a better man. Lance, even with his Oprah crocodile tears, still hasn't.
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Lance isn't going to "lose everything" because even after his lawsuits and endorsement losses, he will still have an easy 40-5" million dollars to his name according to an article I read earlier today. Also, he will more than likely make millions when he writes a book or sells the rights of his story to Hollywood or something else like that.

He may never live life the same again and probably will never make that money back but the dude will be well taken care of the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    Lance isn't going to "lose everything" because even after his lawsuits and endorsement losses, he will still have an easy 40-5" million dollars to his name according to an article I read earlier today. Also, he will more than likely make millions when he writes a book or sells the rights of his story to Hollywood or something else like that.

He may never live life the same again and probably will never make that money back but the dude will be well taken care of the rest of his life.
    This. He just has way too much money to lose everything here. Like Floyd said, he will never again make the type of money he has, and will definitely lose a nice chunk from lawsuits and what not, but the dude won't be filling out any job applications any time either. And, again as Floyd said, even if he were to go broke, he could just write a book or sell the rights to his story to Hollywood, and he's instantly a millionaire again.

chael sonnen thinks lance gave himself cancer
    "doesn't nothing ever last forever?"

He lost a ****load i doubt he will ever be less than a millionaire but he is loosong
    many millions, all of his accomplishments wiped out, lost respect from millions, etc...

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

I watched the interview finally, I can see why people are hating on Lance.

If I were him I'd just give a big middle finger, tell everyone to suck a one balled schlong and call it a day.

To hell with people hating on him, who cares what people think?
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    This. He just has way too much money to lose everything here. Like Floyd said, he will never again make the type of money he has, and will definitely lose a nice chunk from lawsuits and what not, but the dude won't be filling out any job applications any time either. And, again as Floyd said, even if he were to go broke, he could just write a book or sell the rights to his story to Hollywood, and he's instantly a millionaire again.
    And you would think that of every major celebrity/sports type person but after a few years without their sport and no sponsors we see them broke and wondering what happened. A lot of it is lifestyle and not being able to scale backwards when things go wrong. Judging from what I have seen of Lance's character over the years and the circles he THINKS he belongs in I have a very hard time believing that he is just going to scale it all back to fit his new paradigm of livelihood.

Bottom line is if he wasn't concerned about the $$$ we wouldn't of seen him on Oprah. He won't get any more sponsors. He cannot do anything in any sport now. Pretty much banned from everything. Where exactly is his money going to come from besides interest on whatever he has left? After all the lawsuits hit (and civil court is hwere he is going to get hammered) and the lawyers charges hit you will be suprised how little he is going to have left.

I'm still going with "Celebrity [whatever here] with Lance!" reality shows coming soon to a cable channel near you...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

+ Reply to Thread