+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my new venture...

Default my new venture...

as i've mentioned a couple of days ago, i'm planning of running my own BJJ gym in the future. I spent the whole afternoon today walking in the sweltering heat downtown looking for suppliers & shops to produce a topnotch foam collared, rip stop training gi. i'll call them oooltra lite.(emphasis on OOOltra)because they will be the lightest gi in the world i would assume. although i went over the budget for my prototype they're still way cheaper than other brands. i will train maybe 5x a week for a month long test run. if all goes well i might go on production when i can afford it.

set includes a foam collared ripstop gi, with a pocket underneath & a ripstop pants with a pocket underneath too. it would be the same as my other prototype gi pants - fightshorts like closure. only available in black with green contrast stitching.

why ripstop? well, because they're ripstop(although i have in my hand right now a ripstop gi that ripped(i will not mention the brand) although it's a totally different kind of ripstop that i'm gonna use). they're light weight, quick dry & they won't shrink.

a bjj gym with a bjj gi shop upfront would be sweet. oh, i'm also gonna continue making fightshorts.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by boboplata2.0 View Post
    as i've mentioned a couple of days ago, i'm planning of running my own BJJ gym in the future. I spent the whole afternoon today walking in the sweltering heat downtown looking for suppliers & shops to produce a topnotch foam collared, rip stop training gi. i'll call them oooltra lite.(emphasis on OOOltra)because they will be the lightest gi in the world i would assume. although i went over the budget for my prototype they're still way cheaper than other brands. i will train maybe 5x a week for a month long test run. if all goes well i might go on production when i can afford it.

set includes a foam collared ripstop gi, with a pocket underneath & a ripstop pants with a pocket underneath too. it would be the same as my other prototype gi pants - fightshorts like closure. only available in black with green contrast stitching.

why ripstop? well, because they're ripstop(although i have in my hand right now a ripstop gi that ripped(i will not mention the brand) although it's a totally different kind of ripstop that i'm gonna use). they're light weight, quick dry & they won't shrink.

a bjj gym with a bjj gi shop upfront would be sweet. oh, i'm also gonna continue making fightshorts.
    It has been a long time since i have done any gi training but what is the point of the foam collar?

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta420z View Post
    It has been a long time since i have done any gi training but what is the point of the foam collar?
    i'm using a foam that doesn't absorb water hence it would dry quickly & will not promote bacterial growth as compared to cloth stuffed collars where it would smell if it wasn't dried properly.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

+ Reply to Thread