+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFC - Columbus, OH 2013?

Default UFC - Columbus, OH 2013?

I noticed Joe Rogan was set for a show in Columbus on March 3rd. I can't find any reference that the UFC has anything planned. I know that's when they used to show up for the Arnold Expo.

Any news about Columbus this year?
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning.

It doesn't look good man. If they've already given numbers (UFC 158, Fox 7, ect) to events around March then I would guess they are not, which is a shame.

FEBRUARY 2013

UFC 156 February 2 in Las Vegas
    UFC on Fuel TV 7 February 16 in London
    UFC 157
    February 23 in Anaheim
    MARCH 2013

UFC on Fuel TV 8 March 2 in Japan
    UFC 158 March 16 in Montreal
    APRIL 2013

UFC on Fox 7 April 20 in TBD
    UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen
    April 27 in New Jersey
    Last edited by parsons99; 01-09-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    9 Time SBFL Champion
    2 Time MMAF Champion
    6 Time UFF Champion
    2011 UFF FOTY
    2011 Fantasy Fighting HOF Inductee
    @parsons99

Wasn't there some kind of dispute between Dana and the Arnold Festival's organizers? It's a shame since the March Columbus show used to stand out on the UFC's annual calendar --- it was the only PPV that was in the same place every year, outside of the big Vegas shows.

I have also heard nothing and refuse to hold my breathe anymore for a return show to ohio. It is a shame however when Dana White himself can call the ufc in columbus during the arnold the "wrestlemania" of the ufc and just bail on the fans the way they have. I have enjoyed every show in ohio that the ufc has brought us. I will say however, the best pro mma fight I ever saw in ohio was last year at strikeforce when Sarah k fought Alexis D. Amazing fight. And the only fight to ever bring me out of my seat to applaud the start of the third round.
    It's not the breed/It's the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by boboplata2.0
    woman are only funny when they cry during suprise sex.

I'm holding my breathe for the WEC to return to Columbus.....its coming, right?
    9 Time SBFL Champion
    2 Time MMAF Champion
    6 Time UFF Champion
    2011 UFF FOTY
    @parsons99

Arnold Classic in Columbus the first week of March annually, and there is always a big mma event that weekend, so hopefully the UFC makes an appearance this year as SF had it last year with Tate vs. Rousey so it wouldn't surprise me but at the same time, nothing has been announced officially by either so we'll see

edit; my entire post had already been covered multiple times in only a handful of responses, I should probably read the whole thread before I reply, I will add the only live pro event I ever saw was at the Nationwide Arena, Team Hammerhouse vs. Team Gracie back in '06 and it was an awesome event
    Last edited by warriorsoul; 01-10-2013 at 11:49 AM.

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Rogan will be in Columbus because Anik and Florian will be doing the UFC event that weekend

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by warriorsoul View Post
    Arnold Classic in Columbus the first week of March annually, and there is always a big mma event that weekend, so hopefully the UFC makes an appearance this year as SF had it last year with Tate vs. Rousey so it wouldn't surprise me but at the same time, nothing has been announced officially by either so we'll see

edit; my entire post had already been covered multiple times in only a handful of responses, I should probably read the whole thread before I reply, I will add the only live pro event I ever saw was at the Nationwide Arena, Team Hammerhouse vs. Team Gracie back in '06 and it was an awesome event
    I was also at team hammer vs gracie. Seats were cage (ring) side right behind the Don Frye who was one of the judges. Great guy, funny as hell.
    It's not the breed/It's the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by boboplata2.0
    woman are only funny when they cry during suprise sex.

K-1 Coming to Columbus, Feb. 28 at Arnold Sports Festival

Friday, 18 January 2013 01:34
    Written by Rian Scalia 0 Comments

Word has been swirling around for a bit now that K-1 would be coming back to the United States on February 28 in Columbus, Ohio, USA and now there's confirmation from K-1 themselves and the Arnold Sports Festival that this is indeed happening.
    As mentioned above, the event takes place on February 28 at the Battelle Grand in Columbus as part of the Arnold Sports Festival, an annual festival in Columbus that draws many people. The UFC also used to hold events coinciding with the dates of the Arnold Sports Festival. This time, K-1 will officially be a part of the Arnold Sports Festival, on the first day, February 28.
    As of now there is no fight card and no one really has any idea what kind of card to expect. All we know is that it will not be the K-1 WGP Final and may be a "smaller" show. Also, ticket information is to be announced.
    9 Time SBFL Champion
    2 Time MMAF Champion
    6 Time UFF Champion
    2011 UFF FOTY
    @parsons99

+ Reply to Thread