+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Hall of Fame is a joke...

PennState...How many players currently in the HOF do you think did roids at one point or another?

Screw some magical list of speculation. It's complete bs.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    There is a local sportswriter here in Pittsburgh who also does a show on the sports talk radio station everyday who has a vote. He said the only guy he voted for was Biggio because he is the only one that he wasn't certain used steroids. He said he will never vote for Bonds or Clemens.

Although I think both had HoF careers even before the whole steroid era. Bonds was hitting 30-40 HRs a year and having MVP seasons when he was here and weighed 175 lbs. And Clemens was killing it back then too.

I think that all sports HoFs are a joke tho. They put way too many people in, IMO. For me, being consistently good throughout your career means you had a good career, not necessarily a Hall of Fame career. I don't see how there can be more than maybe like 50 players in any HoF. But it's gotten to the point where people feel that there should be new inductees every single year, and I don't think that is right at all.
    To follow up on this, I would make two different Hall of Fames....one is like what we have now. And the other is reserved for guys who have the championship encoder ring so as to speak. Only guys with championships can get into the second HoF, or had stats so dominant from the regular part of the year/career (see Marino or Barry Sanders) that they would be admitted. In essence the 1st HoF would be the joke that we see across all of sports right now, and the second one would be for the very best of the best.

Matter of fact while I am thinking about it, if you don't get in on the 1st vote to the 1st HoF....then you never get admittance to the second one no matter what stats you had. So in other words if you have no championship ring and don't get 1st time admittance to the regular HoF...you are automatically disqualified from ever sniffing the Championship Hall of Fame.

Oh and more on topic....glad that the steroid era got sh!t on by the voters. Cynical or not on the state of sports and who is/is not juicing, those guys deserved what they got. Its one thing to cheat...quite another to thumb your nose at the very idea of what sports stand for. I only wish there were a way to punish MLB as whole for that era and the owners raking in the dollars on each moonshot by some roid'd freak....

I'd honestly like to see every record/stat from the Bash Brothers to 2003 voided. Then I might actually watch baseball again.
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

The fact that no baseball player has ever been voted in unanimously is all I need to know to prove to me how big of a joke the baseball HoF is.

The fact that no baseball player has ever been voted in unanimously is all I need to know to prove to me how big of a joke the baseball HoF is.
    Ya, not much more needs to be said besides this.

Some of these guys voting against players need to be punched in the face and then have their credentials taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    Ya, not much more needs to be said besides this.

Some of these guys voting against players need to be punched in the face and then have their credentials taken away.
    Seriously. You're telling me that there was at least one person with a HoF vote that didn't think Nolan Ryan deserved to be there? Joe DiMaggio? Hank Aaron? Babe ****ing Ruth? They probably declined an interview with some ****wad reporter and he took it personally and decided to not vote for one of them. Such a ****ing joke.

Rickey Henderson didn't get 100%. Case closed, steroids aside.

testes..........

Seriously. You're telling me that there was at least one person with a HoF vote that didn't think Nolan Ryan deserved to be there? Joe DiMaggio? Hank Aaron? Babe ****ing Ruth? They probably declined an interview with some ****wad reporter and he took it personally and decided to not vote for one of them. Such a ****ing joke.
    It's probably partly this, and also the mindset "oh, nobody else has ever been voted in 100% so we can't put this guy into a group of his own by doing so"...Because for some of these guys there is absolutely 0 way you can make even a sh!tty case as to why they shouldn't be in the HOF.

Rogers Hornsby, who was a career .358 hitter with 300 HRs and 1500 RBIs didn't even get 80% of the vote. How is that even possible?
    Send lawyers, guns, and money... the shit has hit the fan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjn-VGXlEsU

Baseball lost 2 HoF'ers yesterday in Earl Seaver and Stan Musial.

Musial is actually from the neighborhood I live in. One of the bridges that brings you into town is the Stan "The Man" Musial Bridge. Also, Ken Griffey Sr is from my neighborhood as well. And the school district my neighborhood belongs to just renamed the football field after Joe Montana, who is from here as well. Couple pretty big names to come out of a little neighborhood like mine, that's got a population of only about 6,000 haha.

+ Reply to Thread