+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Hall of Fame is a joke...

That's your source, lol. That looks like a gossip site. He was never officially listed.

He admitted to using andro, which is a STEROID.

Keep putting your head between your legs.

I was a big Piazza fan when I was a kid. He CHEATED, similar to Lance Armstrong. His 7 tours were stripped. You can not condone cheating.

Period.

Well, apparently these writers are of the same opinion bjpennstate is and that's a problem.

I'll take a catcher batting .300 with 400+ hrs > some implication he used andro. Piazza should be in the HoF.
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. ~Elvis

So he wasn't listed. Says he used Andro to "someone" and now he's guilty. Guilty of taking something you could literally buy right over the counter in a supplement store. He'll be in eventually and it will throw your argument out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    Clemens had a lot of evidence. Bonds admitted using in grand jury. Piazza was on one of those Arod list. Arod admitted after he was exposed in one of those dealer Lists. McGwire was using steroids with canesco. Sosa corked his bat and rioded.

Griffey and Thomas were never on any lists.
    So, how do you know Griffey is clean? You're assuming but you really have nothing to offer other than he never showed up on a list

Griffey to me was clean, his swing was so smooth and when he hit HRs, it was more moonshots than steroid induced 500 feet bombs like Sosa and McGwire.

And he never lifted weights, dude was a toothpick, then got fat later in his career. He never turned into a rioded 240 lbs of muscle like bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    So, how do you know Griffey is clean? You're assuming but you really have nothing to offer other than he never showed up on a list
    He doesn't know and no one will ever know. He's just another passenger on the roid wagon. Piazza was one of those " beach ball " hitters. He saw the ball so well and hit the ball so hard, it always seemed like it was the size of a beach ball to him. A bottle of Andro bought at GNC is utter nonsense. Just look at his numbers from 1993-1997. He actually dropped in 1998 when he supposedly " bulked up. "

Honestly, the only thing keeping Griffey out of the roid talk is because he was hurt ALL the time. Griffey's career is the single biggest letdown in baseball history. If he could just stay healthy he would have annihilated the HR mark.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    Griffey to me was clean, his swing was so smooth and when he hit HRs, it was more moonshots than steroid induced 500 feet bombs like Sosa and McGwire.

And he never lifted weights, dude was a toothpick, then got fat later in his career. He never turned into a rioded 240 lbs of muscle like bonds.
    So, it's your opinion?

Piazza never bulked up.

Piazza will evidently get in, he received over 55%, so the majority did not think he was a steroid abuser.

He'll get 75% someday.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    Yeah man, Morris was a BEAST and did some ass kicking in the World Series. He's being penalized for not getting 300 Wins and will probably not make it. But, I am okay with an argument about Jack Morris' qualifications because that's really what the Hall of Fame should be about. Jack Morris is a perfect example of a great player that winds up on the margin and should be a difficult vote, IMO. Would I cast a vote for Morris? Maybe. Mike Piazza on the other hand? How is that even a discussion? He's a mortal lock and everyone knew it 10 years into his career but here we are.

I'm on the fence about Biggio but leaning heavily towards NO. I think he was a solid player and he gets a nod for longevity that allowed him to get to 3000 hits, but I don't think he is a superstar. I guess he has a case but I don't think Biggio deserves to stand next to Ted Williams and Micky Mantle.

What is everyones thoughts on Biggio?
    My bad, I missed this. My thoughts on Biggio and all the other snubs this year go like this....

Biggio...NO...3,000 hits is a great number, don't get me wrong, but I still think Biggio was one of the really good players, just not an all time great. If he was able to obtain a MVP trophy or win a World Series, that would put him in, but he has neither. His last leg to stand on would have been hitting .300 but he sits at .281. I still think he'll probably get in though, which is fine.

Piazza...YES...Best offensive catcher of all time. One of the best right handed hitters of all time.

Big Mac...NO...Mark was a bodybuilder first and baseball player second. Obvious chemically enhanced numbers that we would shudder to think what he would have done, or more likely NOT done without the juice. His defense isn't filling in any holes in his resume either.

Sosa...NO...This guy is just a pure cheat. He played a bit of defense when he was scrawny, but after that he was a liability. Numbers purely based on strength and cork. He struck out or homered. He has no place in the hall.

Morris...NO...If he gets in I wouldn't be mad though. He's one of the " really good " players that probably deserves a spot because of the post season success, but an argument can be made either way. This isn't the hall of the " really good. "

Bagwell...NO...

Raines...NO...If you can't get in with roids, you definitely can't get in with cocaine.

Bonds...YES...Best LF in the last 50 years.

Clemens...YES...1st or 2nd best pitcher in the last 50 years.

Next years ballot-

Maddux...OF COURSE...Should be 100% but won't be.

Glavine...YES...I don't think he'll 1st ballot though.

Thomas...YES...Without a steroid cloud he's a shoe in.

+ Reply to Thread