+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hall of Fame is a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Bak3d View Post
    Frank Thomas is in no way a lock.

If Maddux and Glavine don't go in they need to burn it down.
    Sadly, 10 years ago he would have.

One thing I never understood is the whole "First Ballot Hall of Famer." If you're good enough to.get in, shouldn't you be good enough to get in as soon as you're eligible?

The way voting takes place needs to change. It's flawed. Sports writers who make a living writing editorials should not be trusted to make a unbiased decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout2.2 View Post
    Based on how the voting went yesterday, you are guilty by association if you played in the steroids era. So I dont think Frank Thomas is a lock anymore.

Maddox and Glavine should get in without issue though.
    You guys do not know how the HOF is voted.

It is voted by traditionalist, out of shape writers who want to preserve the "sanctity" of the pure game.

Any names that are tainted with steroid linking will not be in the HOF, guys like Sosa, McGwire, Bonds, Palmerio, Clemens, Arod will not get in.

Guys that are perceived to be clean like ken Griffey jr., frank Thomas, Maddux, and glavine will get in easily.

We know who does the voting, give me a ****ing break.

Enlighten me on why Piazza didn't get in then?

Best hitting catcher of all time. .300 average, all time leader in HR as a catcher. 12 time all star. WTF! The best hitting catcher of all time isn't in the HOF and **** all this 15 year BS. You should have one chance to get in, one chance and that's it. You don't build any more of a resume.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post

Guys that are perceived to be clean like ken Griffey jr., frank Thomas, Maddux, and glavine will get in easily.
    Why are they perceived clean is my question. How the hell does anybody know they didn't do steroids. The voters would be completing speculating. They completely speculated that Piazza used which is why he didn't get in. So you basically can't be suspected at all? It doesn't make any sense. There is no way of knowing this. Worst voting process in sports

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    You guys do not know how the HOF is voted.

It is voted by traditionalist, out of shape writers who want to preserve the "sanctity" of the pure game.

Any names that are tainted with steroid linking will not be in the HOF, guys like Sosa, McGwire, Bonds, Palmerio, Clemens, Arod will not get in.

From now on, go ahead and preface any post you make in the MLB forum by saying you know nothing about the sport and how HOF voting goes.

Its public knowledge who votes. You can get the entire list online.

here are a few though.
    Bob Ryan
    Tim Cowlishaw
    Jayson Stark
    Tim Kurkjian
    Buster Onley
    Tom Verducci
    Last edited by Tapout2.2; 01-11-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Jack Morris deserves better. Next year is his last year on the ballot and with Glavine, Maddox and Thomas on it, Jack is probably going to get ****ed. Its a damn shame.

Also, LOL at bjpennstate

Quote Originally Posted by Bak3d View Post
    We know who does the voting, give me a ****ing break.

Enlighten me on why Piazza didn't get in then?

Best hitting catcher of all time. .300 average, all time leader in HR as a catcher. 12 time all star. WTF! The best hitting catcher of all time isn't in the HOF and **** all this 15 year BS. You should have one chance to get in, one chance and that's it. You don't build any more of a resume.
    Piazza was listed as a steroid user.

You guys who are shocked that McGwire, Clemens, Sosa etc are not in the HOF are dumbasses.

+ Reply to Thread