+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hall of Fame is a joke...

Default The Hall of Fame is a joke...

They have officially erased 15 years of baseball today. No one from that period of baseball is getting in. Apparently, Piazza has been painted with the steroid brush too. Just plain pathetic.

If Maddux doesn't get in, they need to burn the hall down.

Yeah, its just a bunch of bullsheit and pisses me off. These writers never have to explain their voting and don't get called on anything. They need to revamp the system starting with who gets a vote and trash some of these sportswriters who suck. Vin Scully should be voting and maybe some hall of fame players, retired managers - real baseball people. Not some clown writer with his own theory and willing to vote for a journeyman like Aaron Sele.

Bonds will probably get punished for 5 years then get in, which is fcking stupid and just proves these writers make up their own little rules.

Whoever fcking voted for Aaron Sele needs to be immediately booted. Aaron Sele?? What?

I'm still mad that Rickey Henderson didn't go in at 100%.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but neither Bonds or Clemens were actually proven to have used steroids. I see just like with mma and roids, guilty until proven innocent. Yes, they probably were on it, but I guarantee a ton of people already in the HOF were on that stuff too...
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Neither were criminally convicted. But that just means the government can't put them in jail.

Private individuals and organizations are not required to let the government make decisions and determinations for them.

It's up to you whether you feel the issue was proven to your satisfaction. There is certainly plenty of evidence out there, (to be honest, I think for these two it's abundantly clear).
    A Black Belt is just a White Belt who didn't quit.

There is a local sportswriter here in Pittsburgh who also does a show on the sports talk radio station everyday who has a vote. He said the only guy he voted for was Biggio because he is the only one that he wasn't certain used steroids. He said he will never vote for Bonds or Clemens.

Although I think both had HoF careers even before the whole steroid era. Bonds was hitting 30-40 HRs a year and having MVP seasons when he was here and weighed 175 lbs. And Clemens was killing it back then too.

I think that all sports HoFs are a joke tho. They put way too many people in, IMO. For me, being consistently good throughout your career means you had a good career, not necessarily a Hall of Fame career. I don't see how there can be more than maybe like 50 players in any HoF. But it's gotten to the point where people feel that there should be new inductees every single year, and I don't think that is right at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bak3d View Post
    I'm still mad that Rickey Henderson didn't go in at 100%.
    Mind boggling and these pussies should have to explain themselves. Maddux will probably be around 90% yet some fcking clown writer will throw a vote to Aaron Sele. I am fine having years where no one gets in and honestly wouldn't vote for Biggio, but the sure-fire locks like Henderson, Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken and Maddux next year should be 100% voted in. The voters who purposely pass because they will never allow someone to be 100% is absurd and just because a bunch of morons started that tradition and did it to Cobb, Ruth, DiMaggio and Williams doesnt mean it needs to continute.

Next years class will have THREE 1st ballot HOFers

Maddux
    Frank Thomas
    Tom Glavine

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    Next years class will have THREE 1st ballot HOFers

Maddux
    Frank Thomas
    Tom Glavine

Based on how the voting went yesterday, you are guilty by association if you played in the steroids era. So I dont think Frank Thomas is a lock anymore.

Maddox and Glavine should get in without issue though.

Frank Thomas is in no way a lock.

If Maddux and Glavine don't go in they need to burn it down.

+ Reply to Thread