+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Eats

Quote Originally Posted by boboplata2.0 View Post
    most are corn-fed then finished with grain before they get slaughtered.
    I realize this....which is why I'm not used to people specifying that they eat anything other than a more premium raised product. Grass fed is a growing trend right now, so I'm used to hearing people specify when they are eating such, not when they're eating the same as the masses though.
    Last edited by AGrappleAday; 02-09-2013 at 08:32 AM.

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

yes, grass fed. didnt realize i had typed that
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

Ever since I started to regularly drink vegetable and fruit shakes, I've had more energy, feel better, have longer sex and look better. The reason why the Japanese farmers have the longest lifespan is because they eat mostly veggies.

I've been recently addicted to blending fruits and vegetables.

Here's my concoction: carrot, celery, spinach, kale, broccoli, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, apple, orange, some almonds, a scoop of protein, and slim milk.

Anyone have other concoction or stuff they throw in their shakes? Suggestions appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    Ever since I started to regularly drink vegetable and fruit shakes, I've had more energy, feel better, have longer sex and look better. The reason why the Japanese farmers have the longest lifespan is because they eat mostly veggies.

I've been recently addicted to blending fruits and vegetables.

Here's my concoction: carrot, celery, spinach, kale, broccoli, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, apple, orange, some almonds, a scoop of protein, and slim milk.

Anyone have other concoction or stuff they throw in their shakes? Suggestions appreciated.

protein.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

So Baph, how did you actually gain weight? I've been eating relatively clean with not grains, more veggies, and I have lost 10 f*cking pounds in the last 3 weeks. I can't keep up enough calories without eating 4 lbs of meat a day and my wallet can't afford that. I know you wouldn't approve but I'm adding a couple of protein shakes and a mass gainer that I mix with water or almond milk. I can't afford to lose a lot of weight, I was 215 lbs two months ago and am now 197 lbs this morning and I'm afraid I will keep losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    So Baph, how did you actually gain weight? I've been eating relatively clean with not grains, more veggies, and I have lost 10 f*cking pounds in the last 3 weeks. I can't keep up enough calories without eating 4 lbs of meat a day and my wallet can't afford that. I know you wouldn't approve but I'm adding a couple of protein shakes and a mass gainer that I mix with water or almond milk. I can't afford to lose a lot of weight, I was 215 lbs two months ago and am now 197 lbs this morning and I'm afraid I will keep losing.
    It's not easy. Your body will gravitate toward its optimum operating configuration quite rapidly. It's fairly difficult to actually gain once you get clean. A half-gallon of grass-fed, whole milk a day might help. If you want to supplement with protein that's fine, but I'd take a serious look at All Pro Science's grass-fed whey. It's quite good and considerably cleaner than your GNC brands. I occasionaly do this with a mixture similar to BJPennState's above. You gotta eat big, man. And lift right. CrossFit isn't going to put 10 lbs on you. Power/Oly might, though. And genetics play a role as well. Your body type and metabolic rate and other unique bio-factors may make weight gain particularly difficult for you but somewhat easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    It's not easy. Your body will gravitate toward its optimum operating configuration quite rapidly. It's fairly difficult to actually gain once you get clean. A half-gallon of grass-fed, whole milk a day might help. If you want to supplement with protein that's fine, but I'd take a serious look at All Pro Science's grass-fed whey. It's quite good and considerably cleaner than your GNC brands. I occasionaly do this with a mixture similar to BJPennState's above. You gotta eat big, man. And lift right. CrossFit isn't going to put 10 lbs on you. Power/Oly might, though. And genetics play a role as well. Your body type and metabolic rate and other unique bio-factors may make weight gain particularly difficult for you but somewhat easier for me.
    Yeah, I've always had trouble gaining weight, I was 103 lbs my freshman year of high school so I have basically gains a whole person since then, it's rough, when I don't lift big, I lose weight rapidly.

I was going to do some calisthenics, Convict Conditioning stuff. While it would be cool to do 1 arm pull-ups, I'm no doing it at the expense of 20 lbs, f*ck that. I'm thinking I will do two week splits, 1st two weeks I will do heavy, compound movements, the basics: bench, squat, dead, military press w/ a little assistor muscle work. Next two will be explosive: oly stuff, sprints, plyometrics etc then two weeks of cool-down calisthenics and then repeat the cycle.

I will keep eating clean but may add some quinoa, white rice, and perhaps oatmeal. I'm sitting on $100 worth of protein so that is getting consumed before moving onto different powders, but I will switch it up. What are your thoughts on vegetable protein? My PT says he carries this powder and says the protein is more readily absorbed and is t as tough on your gut. I think I may be working with a slight lactose intolerance so milk is consumed sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    Yeah, I've always had trouble gaining weight, I was 103 lbs my freshman year of high school so I have basically gains a whole person since then, it's rough, when I don't lift big, I lose weight rapidly.

I was going to do some calisthenics, Convict Conditioning stuff. While it would be cool to do 1 arm pull-ups, I'm no doing it at the expense of 20 lbs, f*ck that. I'm thinking I will do two week splits, 1st two weeks I will do heavy, compound movements, the basics: bench, squat, dead, military press w/ a little assistor muscle work. Next two will be explosive: oly stuff, sprints, plyometrics etc then two weeks of cool-down calisthenics and then repeat the cycle.

I will keep eating clean but may add some quinoa, white rice, and perhaps oatmeal. I'm sitting on $100 worth of protein so that is getting consumed before moving onto different powders, but I will switch it up. What are your thoughts on vegetable protein? My PT says he carries this powder and says the protein is more readily absorbed and is t as tough on your gut. I think I may be working with a slight lactose intolerance so milk is consumed sparingly.
    There is only one expert on the planet with regards to how this works: you. Trial and error. Being familiar with how you respond to cardio, strength training, different nutritional templates, your history with programming and weight loss/gain. You find what works; drop what don't. For me, I've got it down to a science. I can stay lean, stay up around 230 lbs +, and not rely on supplemental calories. But that's because I've been fiddlin' around with this for years and mostly got it figured out. Also, my system would not enjoy a 100% success rate if we applied it to a population due to the reasons listed above. No easy answers here. Keep scratching at it.

1.5 weeks into the Slow Carb thing. Going rather well. Down 6 pounds so far, although weight loss isn't my primary objective. Good energy levels so far. Only hassle so far is food choices when I am traveling, which is often. I have learned that some almonds and beef jerky are the best I'm gonna do sometimes.

Last Saturday was my "cheat day". Indulged with some ice cream, a few beers, and some bread.

One thing I've noticed right away is that my sweet tooth has diminished greatly, which is huge for me. Historically I've been a 1-2 candy bar a day kinda guy.
    When it's all said and done, there is more said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by ejones10 View Post

One thing I've noticed right away is that my sweet tooth has diminished greatly, which is huge for me. Historically I've been a 1-2 candy bar a day kinda guy.
    I noticed the same. It was a real struggle for the first few days but after a week or two I hardly noticed and never craved sweets. After a month I didn't even think about it and when I would occasionally go back to some sweets they tasted incredibly strong, syrrupy, rich, and tart. I couldn't finish. You'll notice the same thing happens with dairy, too. Spend some time in the East and go a few months without dairy and come home to big, cold milkshake and I'll give you $15 if you don't just shjt your pants on the spot.

The less you do it; the less you crave it. Every day is the hardest day and every new day is easier.

+ Reply to Thread