+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Eats

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think the whole anti-egg yolk scare is rooted in the same anti-cholesterol scare that's been leading us down the low-fat/high grain, statin drug rabbit hole since the 80s.
    I think that's generally correct.

I think there was a study involving either nurses or doctors over a 20-year period that concluded that eating one whole egg a day showed no increase in cardiovascular disease/mortality for non-diabetics, but that for diabetics the routine consumption of whole eggs showed some noticeable, while not huge, increased risks.

My further understanding was that more than one whole egg a day showed some mild increased risks, but the sample size of people eating 2+ eggs a day wasn't large enough that the people doing the study felt they had any definitive conclusions.
    "It's hell being a straight white man in America these days." 50% of the posters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think the whole anti-egg yolk scare is rooted in the same anti-cholesterol scare that's been leading us down the low-fat/high grain, statin drug rabbit hole since the 80s.
    I'm not afraid of egg yolks but egg whites are 100% protein down to the molecular level. On most days I have three yolks anyway, because the meal I usually eat out is breakfast and I always get an omelette. Depending on what I've eaten away from the house I'll leave a yolk or two in my health quiches anyway, but 6 eggs can have 42 grams of protein and 30 grams of fat, or without the yolk they have 30 grams of protein and zero grams of fat.

Been back on this "program" for six months and have gone from 238 to my present 215. The target is 200 which will put me at 9% body fat, but I won't go cuckoo if I dont get below 205. In my twenties I stayed around 7-8% fat but it cost me a measure of my sanity. I'm up for a new job that if I get, I will no longer be doing physical labor so there will be no ball and chain getting in the way of fitness goals. In that case I'll be back to daily running and lifting, and will be eating the same omelette with all but 2 of the yolks. Then the goal becomes 218-220 with 9-10% fat, but that will be the by product of the primary goals which will be measured in run times, number of pull ups, and combined bench/ deadlift
    If Frank Mir had been in PRIDE he would be the GOAT

my girlfriend got me started on a pescatarian diet.

lot's of vegetables and fruit, eggs, fish, and some grains here and there.

garth lord has the right idea with his vegetable omelettes. . .

my girlfriend makes a mean mushroom-tomato-spinach-bell pepper omelette(with cheese too),
    no meat and it still fills you up.
    Last edited by Verbal Kint; 02-07-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    "doesn't nothing ever last forever?"

Does a veggie omelette exist?

been doing the Tim Ferriss slow carb thing for four days now. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Do appear to have more energy so far. Looking forward to cheat day Saturday.
    When it's all said and done, there is more said than done.

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

Got into a kick that looks something like this...various mixes:

Breakfast
    Soyrizo&Eggs&Avacado
    Greek Yogurt
    Chicken Sausage, Garlic, Bell Peppers, Avacado
    Kefir
    Coffee and Tea
    Organic Milk

I've snuck in the occasional breakfast burrito, 5 cup of coffee morning and even donuts at times. Can't remember the last time I had a donut before that, ****in amazing.

Lunch
    Roast Beef, usually thin sliced and heated over grilled onions
    Tuna (sometimes canned, sometimes fresh for sashimi, served with raw onion and avacado)
    Chicken, mostly rotisserre from the deli
    Apples
    Blood Oranges
    Spinach, with various dressings, usually the foofy stuff they have at Trader Joes, Avacados

Occasionally I do eat out for lunch and usually try to go for a sandwich or lately, a wrap. Sometimes tacos or burritos, mexican food is hard to pass up at times.

Dinners
    Grain Fed Ground Beef
    Salmon, baked or grilled, bell peppers, avacado
    Tuna Sashimi or seared, onion and avacado
    Baked sweet potato or yam
    Steamed greens, kale, broccoli, if it's around I throw it in
    Gluten free pizza, didn't think I would like it but it's not bad. The whole wheat ones are not too shabby either. Trader Joes has a nice little selection of pies.

Every now and then I go overboard on sushi with the lady at the sushi spot. Other then that, haven't ate dinner out in quite awhile.

Desserts:

Greek Yogurt with honey and chia seeds
    Coconut milk ice cream
    Blood Oranges
    Grapes
    Blackberries

About a gallon of water everyday, fresh juice if I have it, but I'm big on the freshness.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

The Mediterranean diet.

People who follow the Mediterranean diet have a longer life expectancy and lower rates of chronic diseases than do other adults. Clearly. The Mediterranean diet has been associated with a decreased risk for heart disease, and it’s also been shown to reduce blood pressure and “bad” LDL cholesterol. If your Mediterranean approach largely shuns saturated fat (which contributes to high cholesterol), and includes healthier mono- and polyunsaturated fats in moderation (which can reduce cholesterol), you’ll do your heart a favor.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/med...ecipes/MY02229

Ends thread.
    Last edited by BJPENNSTATE; 02-07-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    The Mediterranean diet.

People who follow the Mediterranean diet have a longer life expectancy and lower rates of chronic diseases than do other adults. Clearly. The Mediterranean diet has been associated with a decreased risk for heart disease, and it’s also been shown to reduce blood pressure and “bad” LDL cholesterol. If your Mediterranean approach largely shuns saturated fat (which contributes to high cholesterol), and includes healthier mono- and polyunsaturated fats in moderation (which can reduce cholesterol), you’ll do your heart a favor.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/med...ecipes/MY02229

Ends thread.

end thread?
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxVALETUDOxxx View Post
    Got into a kick that looks something like this...various mixes:

Dinners
    Grain Fed Ground Beef
    Salmon, baked or grilled, bell peppers, avacado
    Tuna Sashimi or seared, onion and avacado
    Baked sweet potato or yam
    Steamed greens, kale, broccoli, if it's around I throw it in
    Gluten free pizza, didn't think I would like it but it's not bad. The whole wheat ones are not too shabby either. Trader Joes has a nice little selection of pies.
    Did you mean grass fed?

Quote Originally Posted by AGrappleAday View Post
    Did you mean grass fed?
    most are corn-fed then finished with grain before they get slaughtered.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

+ Reply to Thread