+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Okami/Lombard added to March Japan card

Thunder vs. Lightning... awesome.

Decent fight, tought fight for Lombard but it will be his best UFC win if he gets it, if he hadnt of lost to Tim he'd be looking at a title shot with those 3 wins!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ~ViSioN~ View Post
    okami is one of my fav fighters, this is a tough test for him but i do feel he can pull this off, his cardio is much better and he is probably just as strong if not more.

But okami does not have better stand up, this is a sick ass fight to me, can not wait war OKAMI!
    I knew I was right about you being a wrong'un!

lol not sure what that means.
    I've Been rooting for Yushin since day one i been one of the biggest Yushin Okami fans on mmaweekly for a few years now, haters gonna hate but he beats up real good fighters, he is a beast.
    Oli doesn't like wrasslers who hold people down. Yushin often wins by, as someone put it after the Belcher fight, being "slightly bigger, slightly stronger, and a slightly better wrestler" than his opponent.
    Send lawyers, guns, and money... the shit has hit the fan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjn-VGXlEsU

Horrible match making. Lets take one of the smallest MW's in Lombard who is exciting and put him against one of the biggest Mw in Okami who feasts on using his size and wrestling to smother and overwhelm is opponent. I'll take Okami by decision.

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

Why anyone would like this matchup is beyond me.

It's crap matchmaking. Lombard needs to be groomed as a contender, because the division he is in is thinner then Dana's hair, circa 2001. Anyone he faces needs to not have already been dominated by Anderson.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

yo vale dawg everyone of significance in the mw division been beat by anderson outside of like 2 people hahahaha

Okami is and always has been one of the best in the mw division in the ufc, if u want to be a top contender you have to beat guys like him.
    No.

Lombard was brought in and paid big bucks just for the intention of facing Anderson.

Yushin was beaten by him so one sided that I don't want to see a rematch. Yushin is now in a Jon Fitch/Rich Franklin role.

It's plain out bad matchmaking and personally, I'm surprised that the UFC is doing this. Costa would have been a great person to put him in there with. Either way the fight turns out, you are grooming a contender.

Right now we have Bisping, Belfort (even though they already fought, most wouldn't mind seeing Vitor in there again as it was a quick KO), Weidman, Lombard and now Costa. All of those guys should have the focus on them, in order to build the division.

You don't see my point?
    Last edited by xxxVALETUDOxxx; 01-08-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

Quote Originally Posted by xxxVALETUDOxxx View Post
    Why anyone would like this matchup is beyond me.

It's crap matchmaking. Lombard needs to be groomed as a contender, because the division he is in is thinner then Dana's hair, circa 2001. Anyone he faces needs to not have already been dominated by Anderson.
    Thank God someone else is of this opinion!!!

Can't believe this fight has been made, it's ridiculous matchmaking. Okami has a better than average chance at blanketing Lombard and then the big money signing that was gonna face Anderson will be no more!

I understand the UFC are essentially taking a huge risk with this, as if Hector beats Okami then he's right up there talking title shots, but as you say, they should be matching Hector with someone who hasn't been smashed by Silva.

Should have held off and done Okami vs. Belfort and Bisping vs. Lombard.

If they wanted to see Lombard against a wrestler, Mark Munoz would have fit the bill nicely and not have had the dead end of the road repercussions if Lombard loses.

tripping. We complain about accelerated trips to contenderships. Now,

making a dude that was slow pitched Boetsch, prove his worth

is a shltty match up? Toquino broke his foot in the first round.

Hector is still suspect.
    even when I'm far away from home i can see Cali with my eyes closed

+ Reply to Thread