+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NHL Discussion Thread

Never saw anything about it until I just looked it up now. That's a dirty hit. He should've been sat for a couple. He's been an absolute puke since the Chara hit, as if he's owed the ability to be douche because he survived that hit. I felt bad for him at the time....now I wish he would have been hit harder...

As for realignment, you can slice it hundered different ways, in the end the propsed set-up still isn't bad from a travel stand point (and a lot better for Detroit & Columbus). The part I don't like is the playoff system. Top 3 teams from each division get in then the next best 2 teams from the conference get in. So essentailly the east has 2 extra teams to fight for playoff spots over then the west.

I know it'll never happen , but I would love to see the top 16 get in, with a 1 v 16, 2 v 15, etc seeding system. That way the top two teams at least have the opportunity to play each other.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    While I'm willing the split up Boston and Montreal, I am NOT willing to split up Philly and Pittsburgh......and I'm a Bruins fan!!!

I don't think the league would do it either, nor would they ever want to separate the Canadians and Bruins or even the Blackhawks and Red Wings for that matter.

Forget timezones. Here's a tighter geographical setup, that doesn't mess with a lot of the best rivalries and when it does put a few teams from different zones together, it's only a one hour difference....

Conference A
    Boston
    Montreal
    New York
    Long Island
    New Jersey
    Pittsburgh
    Phillidelphia

Conference B
    Toronto
    Ottawa
    Buffalo
    Detroit
    Columbus
    Minnesota
    Chicago
    Winnipeg

Conference C
    Florida
    Tampa
    Carolina
    Washington
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Dallas

Conference D
    Edmonton
    Calgary
    Vancouver
    San Jose
    LA
    Anaheim
    Phoenix
    Colorado
    This kind of plays on a East, North, South and West division.

I'd be okay with it.

Let's Go Red Wings
    2x Former ACFL Champion
    ACFL Record: 31-27-3
    MMAF Record: 29-27-2
    EFCF Record: 13-16-1

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    I know it'll never happen , but I would love to see the top 16 get in, with a 1 v 16, 2 v 15, etc seeding system. That way the top two teams at least have the opportunity to play each other.
    I agree with this. Divisions and conferences are appropriate for the regular season, as far as scheduling flights and timeframes for TV audiences, but come the playoffs, the whole East/West thing is overplayed. 16 should play 1, 15 should play 2 and so on. How cool would it be able to have anyone play anyone in any round?

"But what about the rivalries?"

Fuck off. You will still have them all season long. And even the way the playoffs are currently constituted, there's no guarantee they will occur in the postseason anyway. I personally favor the idea of seeing my team play a Vancouver or Detroit or Chicago every once in a while, instead of Buffalo or Montreal or Philly for the umteenth time

I agree with this. Divisions and conferences are appropriate for the regular season, as far as scheduling flights and timeframes for TV audiences, but come the playoffs, the whole East/West thing is overplayed. 16 should play 1, 15 should play 2 and so on. How cool would it be able to have anyone play anyone in any round?

Fuck off. You will still have them all season long. And even the way the playoffs are currently constituted, there's no guarantee they will occur in the postseason anyway. I personally favor the idea of seeing my team play a Vancouver or Detroit or Chicago every once in a while, instead of Buffalo or Montreal or Philly for the umteenth time
    I can agree with that, especially when some of these teams play each other in the playoffs so often yet there still isn't really a rivalry, those match-ups get stale. The only argument against it I can see is the extra travel costs for the league if they end up with a whole bunch of east vs. west series in the early going.

Did Vancouver have any kind of rivalry with Boston prior to 2011? Not at all (except all the effin' B's fans in Vancouver for the games). Now?

Playoffs make rivalries.
    The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
    -- Camus

Quote Originally Posted by sonzai View Post
    Playoffs make rivalries.
    Very good point. See Detroit vs. Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by skiff_v2 View Post
    Very good point. See Detroit vs. Colorado.
    Don't get me started on this..

As for the Top 16.. I like it, It should happen.. It has to happen.

The thing is.. the past major rivalries like Toronto vs Detroit, Detroit vs Montreal and New York vs Chicago.. The East vs West match-ups can really be played up in a system without conferences..

As for travel.. The Red Wings traveled 2,000 miles for the playoff series in the last 4 playoffs.. so what is the difference for any other team in the eastern time zone?
    Last edited by bestrafer7; 02-28-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Let's Go Red Wings
    2x Former ACFL Champion
    ACFL Record: 31-27-3
    MMAF Record: 29-27-2
    EFCF Record: 13-16-1

5 wins in a row for the almighty Kings. Although they played like crap last night and I would have just been happy with a point. They should solidify themselves as a top 4 seed if they keep this up.
    MMAF: 41-32-3 (2X champ)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSAYIN
    Can you read? Are you stupid? No.. youre just a big mouth chicken crap piece of crap
    ill take my vid cam to Orlando.. kick his ass. Then post it on my YouTube channel
    I will kick your door down.. kick your ass.. and then let your skank serve me eggs Benedict...in your facking bed
    You suck cock and you.know it. We all know it. The whole board has seen it goofs

^^^ Real Talk From A Real G

Flames sign Ryan O'Reily to an offersheet worth 10M over this season and next:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417051

The Calgary Flames have filed an offer-sheet on Colorado Avalanche forward Ryan O'Reilly according to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger.
    Dreger reports that the offer sheet carries an average annual value of $5 million. O'Reilly will make $1 million in base salary for 2012-13 with a signing bonus worth $2.5 million. His 2013-14 salary will be $6.5 million.
    Colorado has seven days to match the offer or accept compensation from the Flames. Should the Avalanche choose not to match the offer-sheet they would receive Calgary's first- and third-round choices at the 2013 NHL Draft.
    With a second-year salary of $6.5 million, a potential qualifying offer for O'Reilly's next contract would have to equal that amount. If Colorado decides to match the Flames' offer he can not be traded within one calendar year of that date.
    The 22-year-old forward scored 18 goals and 37 assists in 81 games.
    Originally drafted in the second round (33rd overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. In 236 career games with the Avalanche over three seasons, O'Reilly has scored 39 goals and 68 assists for 107 points.
    The 2011-12 season was O'Reilly's final year on the three-year entry-level deal he signed with Colorado prior to the 2009-10 season.
    LOL Flames.

+ Reply to Thread