+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    I saw it live, and have seen the replay a thousand times now, and there's no way it was anything but accidental. They showed a highlight on a local sports show that showed the same exact thing happening about a hundred different times in games, with the players leg going up like that, obviously without the injury tho. It seems to be far from uncommon.

Now as for Matt Cooke, he definitely has the reputation of a dirty player, and rightly so. But anyone who has followed the Pens over the course of this season and last knows that he has made probably the biggest change of anyone in the history of hockey, in terms of his play. "Dirty" Matt Cooke is a thing of the past. Hell, hes even played his way onto a line with Malkin and James Neal. But I do understand it takes more than a year to totally change your reputation.

As for the comments from the Sens GM/Owner or whoever it was, those were a bit much. Calling him a goon that shouldn't even be in the NHL? Really? When one of the biggest straight goons in the league plays on your team, in Neil. The cheap shot he put on Cooke followed by the 3 sucker punches to the head at the end of that game was just as bad as anything Cooke has done in his career.
    Agreed that Matt Cooke has done a good job of keeping his nose pretty clean over the past season. It will take more then just 1 season to make people believe he's some sort of reformed player but I do believe he's made great strides going in the right direction.

Totally agree, skiff. Just like one great season doesn't make you a great player, or one bad season doesn't make you a bad player, one "clean" season doesn't take away your reputation of being a dirty player, either. It takes consistency, over the period of multiple seasons to define yourself as a player in any sport. But yeah, he is definitely making strides in the right direction.

This was me in the last thirty seconds of the 2nd period of the Bruins/Jets game

"Aww fuck!!! Come on Horton, how could you let him just stand there and get two clean swipes at it. Now where down a goal going in to the 3rd. Such bullshit, giving up a a goal like that with just thirty se........uh.....OH.....OH SHIT!!!!! TIED it back up with a second left, BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

That was nuts. Never heard a stadium go from being so loud to being so quiet, so fast

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    This was me in the last thirty seconds of the 2nd period of the Bruins/Jets game

"Aww fuck!!! Come on Horton, how could you let him just stand there and get two clean swipes at it. Now where down a goal going in to the 3rd. Such bullshit, giving up a a goal like that with just thirty se........uh.....OH.....OH SHIT!!!!! TIED it back up with a second left, BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

That was nuts. Never heard a stadium go from being so loud to being so quiet, so fast
    Kinda reminds me of a Pens/Bruins game I was at from few years ago. Pens let up the go ahead goal late, and the crowd just deflated. It was quiet as hell in that place. Then somehow the Pens scored to tie it up with 0.4 seconds left and the place went absolutely nuts. Probably the loudest I've ever heard a crowd at a Pens game. And then the Pens benefitted greatly IMO, from the super short intermission between the end of regulation and the start of OT because the energy in the arena just carried over because there was really no time to settle down before the game resumed and the Pens fed off that momentum and scored like a minute or two into OT.

Chicago has a chance to tie an NHL record point streak to start a season. Should be a great game tonight...Hopefully the Canucks can stop it! Schneider is in net and Booth is back.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Did anyone see this "non-offside" play from yesterday?

lol...uhhh what.

Ref thought the Nashville player had put the puck in the zone. Still a bad call, but it's not like the ref thought Duchene was in after the puck.

Unfortunately Nashville lost by 1.

Bad call is the understatement of the year. That's arguably one of the worst calls ever lol.

Hossa goes down now?

Man, been a bad year for injuries
    Last edited by PatSox; 02-20-2013 at 02:56 AM.

Your 2013 Goal of the Year:

Absolutely ridiculous dangle around all five Nashville players.

Let's Go Red Wings
    2x Former ACFL Champion
    ACFL Record: 31-27-3
    MMAF Record: 28-25-2
    EFCF Record: 13-16-1

+ Reply to Thread