+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NHL Discussion Thread

Crosby whines a lot less then he used to when he started in the league. Not suprising though as even some of the greats that we remeber so fondly started as whiners. People hold Gretzky in the highest regard but when he first got the pros he was a whiney cvnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Hahaha, when he first came into the league he was a whiner. But he was a teenage kid, who had spent his whole life having people tell him how great he was. And he probably did get all the calls growing up, because he was that good where, if someone stopped him, they must have done something illegal to do so. Although I didn't like the whining he did, I can kind of see where it came from. And after his rookie year, it decreased dramatically. Yeah, he still does it occasionally, but lots of great athletes do it. Jordan was notorious for complaining to the refs. Now that doesn't make it right, but that's how it is.

And honestly, especially in his rookie season, players were taking runs at him every game, as a "welcome to the NHL" type thing. Which is fine. He took a cheap shot in Philly his rookie year, that left him missing his four top front teeth. And they STILL play the video of that hit on the jumbotron there before Flyers/Pens games. Only they don't show the part where he came back into the game in OT, and scored the game winning goal haha.

And Cup, what the hell is up with your boy Gronk? Haha every year after the Super Bowl he finds a way to get caught on tape doing some off the wall **** lol.
    Most of the Crosby hate is just jealousy. Especially mine

As far as Gronk.....the guy is a himbo. We've come to expect this kind of thing from him. It's never malicous, just dumb. He's just a big lovable dumby

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Most of the Crosby hate is just jealousy. Especially mine

As far as Gronk.....the guy is a himbo. We've come to expect this kind of thing from him. It's never malicous, just dumb. He's just a big lovable dumby
    That's always how I've looked at it. He's never doing anything wrong, in the legal sense, just stuff that is more or less dumb. Like wrestling with a broken arm. And the media just runs with it.

I still can't believe I just found out this year that he was a Pittsburgh boy. The high school he went to, Woodland Hills, is among the leaders in the country in putting out NFL players. Gronk, Jason Taylor, Steve Breaston, Lousaka Polite, Ryan Mundy, and Shawntee Spencer are the ones I can think of off hand, tho I'm fairly certain there are others. Apparently Gronk has some brothers still in high school there, tho I don't know if they are standout athletes or anything.

Leafs trounce the Habs 6-0, get their 3rd win in a row and are 6-1 on the road. If only they can start to actually play like that in their own barn then they'll have a shot at making the playoffs.

I wish every season was like this, in terms of number of games played, and calendar length. Guaranteed to be a game on every night, and your favorite team is playing basically every other night, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Man I just noticed Chicago's record. 16 points in 9 games, and no regulation losses. That's a pretty impressive start.
    Up to 11 games now with no regulation loses. Add on top of that, they have only had 2 home games so far this season! 2 home games in 3 weeks!

Leafs bite...

...literally!

Only because there were no stantions readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuffaZombie View Post
    Leafs bite...

...literally!
    What is it with blue colored teams from canada and biting?

Who's next, the Kitchner Rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by skiff_v2 View Post
    Up to 11 games now with no regulation loses. Add on top of that, they have only had 2 home games so far this season! 2 home games in 3 weeks!
    I'd love to see a Boston/Chicago final

Would be a sick series

+ Reply to Thread