+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NHL Discussion Thread

Man I just noticed Chicago's record. 16 points in 9 games, and no regulation losses. That's a pretty impressive start.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Crosby face down on the ice after taking a puck directly to the face and the Islander fans are standing up going crazy. Now that's class.

Wow, really? That's brutal.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    Wow, really? That's brutal.
    I was listening on the radio at work, and you could hear the crowd cheering loudly. Even the announcers had something to say about the cheering.

Sometimes changing up your lines works.....sometimes it works IMMEDIATELY

Bruins getting shut out in Montreal through two periods. Julien puts Seguin on the Krejci, Lucic line and in the first 2 minutes of the period, Seguin and Krejci both score and Boston eventually holds on to win a big one, 2-1, on the road

Boston now in first place in their division and first overall in the Eastern Conference. And I go to bed with a little Tuukka in my pants

Last edited by PatSox; 02-07-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Sometimes changing up your lines works.....sometimes it works IMMEDIATELY

Bruins getting shut out in Montreal through two periods. Julien puts Seguin on the Krejci, Lucic line and in the first 2 minutes of the period, Seguin and Krejci both score and Boston eventually holds on to win big a one, 2-1, on the road.
    I was wondering what Boston put in their water during the intermission...they came out in the 3rd and were ALL OVER Montreal for the first 5 minutes. Didn't look like the team that played the first two periods at all. Montreal looked like they were standing still and dumbfounded.

Hey murph, congrats....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415479

"ISLANDERS ACQUIRE G THOMAS TO REACH SALARY CAP FLOOR"

Man, the Capitals are in some serious trouble. Dead last in the East, and got spanked again tonight by the Pens. 3 point night each for Crosby and Malkin. Over the last few years this was a really fun matchup, now, not so much. Even finishing 5th in goals scored last year, Ovie has seemed damn near invisible this year, and most of last. He is still all over the ice, but his offensive presence is nothing compared to what it was from years past. Makes me wonder if he is starting to become burnt out from his balls-to-the-wall style he has played on every shift of every game throughout his career.

Also, Crosby spoke before the game on the Islander fans cheering as he lay on the ice gushing blood from a puck to the face. While he said it was something he would never do personally, he answered with "they paid their money for the seats, they can do what they want." Although I never really expected him to say much different. For all the **** he takes, Sid is pretty good at saying the right/PC things when being interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Also, Crosby spoke before the game on the Islander fans cheering as he lay on the ice gushing blood from a puck to the face. While he said it was something he would never do personally, he answered with "they paid their money for the seats, they can do what they want." Although I never really expected him to say much different. For all the **** he takes, Sid is pretty good at saying the right/PC things when being interviewed.
    Maybe he should run for parliment, eh?

I know who WOULDN'T vote for him. The refs. Imagine how tired they must be of his incessant pissy faced whining

Last edited by PatSox; 02-08-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Hahaha, when he first came into the league he was a whiner. But he was a teenage kid, who had spent his whole life having people tell him how great he was. And he probably did get all the calls growing up, because he was that good where, if someone stopped him, they must have done something illegal to do so. Although I didn't like the whining he did, I can kind of see where it came from. And after his rookie year, it decreased dramatically. Yeah, he still does it occasionally, but lots of great athletes do it. Jordan was notorious for complaining to the refs. Now that doesn't make it right, but that's how it is.

And honestly, especially in his rookie season, players were taking runs at him every game, as a "welcome to the NHL" type thing. Which is fine. He took a cheap shot in Philly his rookie year, that left him missing his four top front teeth. And they STILL play the video of that hit on the jumbotron there before Flyers/Pens games. Only they don't show the part where he came back into the game in OT, and scored the game winning goal haha.

And Cup, what the hell is up with your boy Gronk? Haha every year after the Super Bowl he finds a way to get caught on tape doing some off the wall **** lol.

+ Reply to Thread