+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NHL Discussion Thread

He can't be smug if he's a Leaf fan. The inevitable disappointment he experiences when they let him down (...because they always do) prevents it. The Leafs will manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory somehow to avoid playoffs.

So the latest story that the media is turning into a big deal....Yakupov's celebration after tying the game up with a few seconds left.

I hate the oilers...But this was awesome!!! The Oilers just had a disallowed goal before this...Then they tie it up with 5 seconds left....I'm glad he did something like this. We need emotion out there! LA didn't like it, but they can cry all they want.

It made me think about how much fun it must be to play on that team right now...With all the young kids ruling the organization..
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    So the latest story that the media is turning into a big deal....Yakupov's celebration after tying the game up with a few seconds left.

I hate the oilers...But this was awesome!!! The Oilers just had a disallowed goal before this...Then they tie it up with 5 seconds left....I'm glad he did something like this. We need emotion out there! LA didn't like it, but they can cry all they want.

It made me think about how much fun it must be to play on that team right now...With all the young kids ruling the organization..
    It's like the early 80's all over again.......minus a Grant Fuhr like goalie

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post

I happened to turn this game on with about 10 minutes left in the third so I got to watch all the interesting stuff. The disallowed goal was a bull**** call. If anything, Quick interfered with Gagner. The Yakupov goal to tie was an awesome goal with 5 seconds left, and then to see the Kings give up an overtime goal while serving a too many men penalty was good. The got away with a too many men late in the third, so it was justice.

As far as the Yakupov celebration, I thought it was awesome. To see it in isolation may make it look a bit exessive, but in the context of the game, it was perfect.
    To see the Oilers put all their young guys on the ice at the most crucial parts of the game really makes you realize where the power in the Northwest division will be for the next decade, and I say that as a Canucks guy.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    To see the Oilers put all their young guys on the ice at the most crucial parts of the game really makes you realize where the power in the Northwest division will be for the next decade, and I say that as a Canucks guy.
    This is all dependent on these young guys taking a home town discount...I don't see how they will be able to afford all these future stars otherwise.

It's good though. Canucks used to have some awesome rivalries within their division...but they have died off lately because those teams haven't been good for a while. Would be nice to get a rivalry back.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Why do Canadian cities boo Sidney Crosby every time he touches the puck? He won you a f-cking gold medal, smug assh0les....
    ACTUALLY, PRETTY DAMN FUNNY

Man, for being one of the absolute best players in the world, Malkin seems to take A LOT of bad penalties. And he doesn't turn the puck over very much, but when he does they happen at the worst possible spots on the ice and lead to a breakaway or at the least an odd man rush for the other team.

In other news, Crosby is a goal away from a hat trick, and we can use it being down by one at the 2nd Intermission. Pavlik is making some big time saves for the Jets though, so that goal isn't looking like it's gonna come very easily.

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Dougie! Dougie! Dougie!

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by mattydeathmetal View Post
    Dougie! Dougie! Dougie!
    Seriously. How awesome is this kid?

He has that quick, low, hard shot that always gets through. He stick handles great. He's a real good passer. He seems poised and confident. You would think he'd be a liability on defense at the beginning of his career, but so far, he's not. And oh yeah, he's friggin HUGE!

How the hell did we get him?

I remember when they drafted him, my exact words here were "wait.....the Bruins got Dougie Fucking Hamilton?!?!?!!!!" He was NOT supposed to be there for them to take. Seguin was enough, but now you throw in this kid and thank you Kessel seems like an understatement

Last edited by PatSox; 01-25-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Fcuk...the Jets stuff the Pens. Crosby gets two and they still lose.

+ Reply to Thread