+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rear naked mole rat View Post
    apropos of nothing: since each team will be stuck in their own conference for the entirety of the season, some of the western conference teams are going to spend even more time flying around than usual. teams like the rangers will travel maybe 12 000 miles, and won't leave their home timezone. but teams like dallas and minnesota will have to travel over 30 000 miles, and of course have to constantly move through different time zones.

edit: ok, i found the exact numbers here http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/1...-to-back-games

devils travel the least, at 11659 miles. minnesota travels the most, at 31345 miles. i wonder how parise is going to adapt to that massive increase?

when looking at back-to-back games as well, the rangers have it doubly made. they travel just over 12000 miles and have only 6 b2b games. compare that to the red wings, with 27000+ miles and 12 b2b games.
    In other words, we need to make up for some lost cash here, so lets get the Rangers into the Stanley Cup finals

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    In other words, we need to make up for some lost cash here, so lets get the Rangers into the Stanley Cup finals
    i'm not sure i'd go so far as to blame bettman for the geographical distribution of north american cities. but, well, i wouldn't put it past the slimey piece of **** either.

It's not enough that Lundqvist was handed Jonathan Quick's Vezina last year. Now they're paving the road to the cup for them as best they can

Well, it won't work. You may be able to help them get into the playoffs. But once they get there, the Flyers, Penguins and Bruins will still be waiting to knock them out of it

I know I said that I wouldn't spend any money on NHL this year...But with center ice only costing $50, that's quite the steal...Considering it is normally $250 here.

Anyway...I'm definitely excited for some hockey today!
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Pens/Flyers shortly. Can't wait. Wouldn't be surprised if 2 sets of gloves were dropped within the first minute of the game. Also wouldn't be surprised if that pu$$y Hartnell is the one to start it, just to have a different Flyer step in to actually do the fighting.

I do know one thing, while they will be here rather quickly, the Pens, Flyers, Devils, and Rangers will probably be pretty beat up by the time the playoffs roll around. As will most teams now that I think about it. With this shortened schedule, almost every game is gonna be a rivalry game for everyone. Which is great from the fan's perspective.

Also didn't realize this is the first ever NHL season with no training camp or preseason. The last 48 game season that was caused by a lockout in 94-95 still had a 4 week camp, along with 8 exhibition games for each team.

**** I just can't wait to see how Crosby looks. First time totally healthy in like 2 years. Been hearing he has been looking possessed at practice and open skates, we'll see how he looks in real-time game action in less than 2 hours. Definitely gonna suck not seeing Jordan Staal out there too. But we still have that Malkin guy, which is a plus I guess.

Ohooooo jeezhezzz

Here we go. Hockey is back in about 10 minutes!!! Pens/Flyers. What a PERFECT way to start

Last edited by PatSox; 01-19-2013 at 02:09 PM.

pat kane with the first goal of the season.

when the **** is the pens/flyers game gonna start though? it was scheduled for the same time as the kings/hawks.

Solid W to start the season, and getting it in Philly makes it that much sweeter. Other than a goal that was off of a very nice Hartnell pass, I was very pleased with Fleury. Team looked pretty good overall. Had a few blips but that is to be expected when playing together as a team for the first time since April. Especially when playing a team as solid as Philly.

+ Reply to Thread