+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NHL Discussion Thread

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
    -- Camus

Quote Originally Posted by skiff_v2 View Post
    Good question, honestly not sure if all of them are free. Was basically just going by what I could see on the Maple Leafs website and all I found was thier twitter pimping the practice and hot chocolate.

Strome has the potential to be a force, and a shortened 48 game season is a great for him to get his feet wet.
    I hear you. Not all Pens' practices are open to public, but the ones that are, are free. And they were giving free hot chocolate to all the ppl who waited in line to get into the the Black/Gold game the other night haha.

Well looks like the Leafs have stepped up now. Home opener on Monday is essentially going to be free to all. All season tickets holders are getting them free (feel bad for anyone who paid full pop to get them 2nd hand from a season holder). Some fans at the free practice I was bashing got tickets in shirts that were tossed out, also the team will be giving out 1000 tickets through a variety of promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by sonzai View Post

Goalie Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by sonzai View Post
    Highest paid backup in the game right there

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    Highest paid backup in the game right there
    I wish. Try Luongo...

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    I wish. Try Luongo...
    That's what I was thinking. I know the Pens paid Vokoun a good bit too, I think $4mil for two years.

They are having an open practice starting in about 20 min, might take a ride over and check them out. I've never been to a practice, although they are and always have been free to the public, so I don't know why I've never gone to one haha.

apropos of nothing: since each team will be stuck in their own conference for the entirety of the season, some of the western conference teams are going to spend even more time flying around than usual. teams like the rangers will travel maybe 12 000 miles, and won't leave their home timezone. but teams like dallas and minnesota will have to travel over 30 000 miles, and of course have to constantly move through different time zones.

edit: ok, i found the exact numbers here http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/1...-to-back-games

devils travel the least, at 11659 miles. minnesota travels the most, at 31345 miles. i wonder how parise is going to adapt to that massive increase?

when looking at back-to-back games as well, the rangers have it doubly made. they travel just over 12000 miles and have only 6 b2b games. compare that to the red wings, with 27000+ miles and 12 b2b games.
    Last edited by rear naked mole rat; 01-18-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rear naked mole rat View Post
    apropos of nothing: since each team will be stuck in their own conference for the entirety of the season, some of the western conference teams are going to spend even more time flying around than usual. teams like the rangers will travel maybe 12 000 miles, and won't leave their home timezone. but teams like dallas and minnesota will have to travel over 30 000 miles, and of course have to constantly move through different time zones.

edit: ok, i found the exact numbers here http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/1...-to-back-games

devils travel the least, at 11659 miles. minnesota travels the most, at 31345 miles. i wonder how parise is going to adapt to that massive increase?

when looking at back-to-back games as well, the rangers have it doubly made. they travel just over 12000 miles and have only 6 b2b games. compare that to the red wings, with 27000+ miles and 12 b2b games.
    I'm shocked that the Jets aren't far and away stuck traveling the most.

Also, my fantasy draft is tomorrow, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm a little stressed out.

+ Reply to Thread