+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NHL Discussion Thread

Penguins have announced that for the first 4 home games all merchandise will be 50% in the Pens Store in the arena, and also for those same 4 games, every ticket holder that enters the arena will receive a voucher for 3 of any concession items of their choice.

They are also playing a scrimmage game tonight, but it will play as an actual game to try to help get into the swing of things to make up for the lost preseason. 3 20min periods, TV time outs, etc. They will also play an OT period and a shootout, no matter what the score is. And it's free to the public.

I know all this doesnt make up for losing half a season due to bull****, but I guess they are at least trying.

Yeah Bruins are doing something similar. Free concessions for the month of January

.....of course January is already half way over and there will only be 5 home games total that this will apply to. Oh and also, Jacobs owns the concessions, so it's not like he's paying some other company for his fans to eat and drink free....it's his own shit. He also owns the concessions in a lot of other stadiums. Think about that. Every time you buy a beer or a hot dog at your home place, your putting money into the Bruins owners pocket.....enjoy

Oh and he also owns the Stadium.....the fucking Celtics pay him rent. So free concessions for 5 games mean NOTHING to this guy. And I bet still....STILL they had to beg him to let them do it

^^^Damn that's crazy. Didn't know Jacobs was ballin that hard. I think the 50% off al merchandise at the arena is better than the concession vouchers tho. Shirts, jerseys, etc. go from "****ing outrageous" to "expensive" haha. Not that I would ever buy any jerseys there anyway. If you're ever looking for a jersey, go to borntradejerseys.com. I get mine from there. They are all 100% AUTHENTIC and I pay $30 for my Steelers jerseys and $25 for Pens jerseys. And like I said, they are totally authentic. No difference whatsoever between them and the ones that cost $300 from the official NFL/NHL stores

Leaf fans got a free practice with free hot chocolate! Wooo Hooo! Unless you count the Burke firing...

I think Canucks fans just get cheap concessions for 3 games. Sick!!!!

The best way to pay us back is to just not let this happen again when the current cba runs out...
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by skiff_v2 View Post
    Leaf fans got a free practice with free hot chocolate! Wooo Hooo! Unless you count the Burke firing...
    Aren't all their practices free to the public?

I'm excited to see if my boy John Tavares takes the next step. I think he has legitimate superstar potential and has gotten better every season. I just wish the damn Islanders front office (Garth Snow=idiot) would get him some help besides Moulson. Although, I'm looking to see if former top pick Ryan Strome makes the club. He's very young at 19, but apparently has some solid skills. You guys know anything about him? I'm just starting to get back into hockey after many years idle due to lack of success!

Strome definitely has some potential. I've always liked him on team Canada juniors the last 2 years. 62 points in 34 games this season in the OHL, with 22 of those being goals. I think you guys might have something good with him.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Aren't all their practices free to the public?
    Good question, honestly not sure if all of them are free. Was basically just going by what I could see on the Maple Leafs website and all I found was thier twitter pimping the practice and hot chocolate.

Strome has the potential to be a force, and a shortened 48 game season is a great for him to get his feet wet.

+ Reply to Thread