+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by math is hard View Post
    I've read rumours online that Philly is interested in Luongo.
    I hope they get him. It'll give the Pens a better shot come playoff time

Quote Originally Posted by zakath View Post
    I hope they get him. It'll give the Pens a better shot come playoff time
    As a dirty Leafs fan, I'd rather see him in Philly than Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by math is hard View Post
    As a dirty Leafs fan, I'd rather see him in Philly than Toronto.

What does "a dirty leafs fan" mean? That you don't want the leafs in the playoffs again? Because if so, ya stick with your current goaltending.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    What does "a dirty leafs fan" mean? That you don't want the leafs in the playoffs again? Because if so, ya stick with your current goaltending.
    Well, I'm a Leafs fan living in Ottawa, so I tend to take a lot of **** for it. I'd be happy to see the Leafs in the playoffs again, but Luongo is not the way, IMHO. With that contract and a shitty season in Toronto, we'll be stuck with Luongo until he retires. And the new CBA makes his contract even worse because it closes the cap loophole.

5.33 million a year cap hit, placing him 9th for goalies. 10 years left is the bad part, but i'm sure a buyout down the road can be done if needed...

What other way would you guys possibly go about it? Cross your fingers and pray Reimer can get it done? Luongo would solve so many of your guys problems, and still has many solid years left in him. He's only 33.

I too have heard that Philly is now in the Luongo sweepstakes.

Luongo would be an improvement on the Leafs current goalie situation but he needs to come at the right price and from everything I've heard right now Vancouver is asking for the moon and stars. At the end of the day Vancouver doesn't want his cap his sitting on the bench so they need to unload him and each day closer to the season brings his value in terms of trade down.

I wouldn't be shocked though if a trade is announced shortly after the players ratify on Saturday.

I need my Islanders to get the HELL out of that disturbing, broken down thing they call the Nassau Coliseum. Unfortunately the lease doesn't expire for another 3 years and the move to Brooklyn won't happen until the 2015 season. They need to get out this lease early somehow. Otherwise, thats another few seasons as a lame duck franchise. Although I expect Tavares to continue his improvement and be a top force in the NHL this season

Quote Originally Posted by skiff_v2 View Post
    I too have heard that Philly is now in the Luongo sweepstakes.

Luongo would be an improvement on the Leafs current goalie situation but he needs to come at the right price and from everything I've heard right now Vancouver is asking for the moon and stars. At the end of the day Vancouver doesn't want his cap his sitting on the bench so they need to unload him and each day closer to the season brings his value in terms of trade down.

I wouldn't be shocked though if a trade is announced shortly after the players ratify on Saturday.

As a Canucks fan, Philly getting in to it as well is definitely a good thing. The more teams who want him the better deal the Canucks could potentially get. Unfortunately because of his contract and the fact it is well known they want to trade him, Vancouver won't be getting even "skill" value. But at least the contract will be off their books. I hope they can at least get a decent centre since Kesler could be out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    As a Canucks fan, Philly getting in to it as well is definitely a good thing. The more teams who want him the better deal the Canucks could potentially get. Unfortunately because of his contract and the fact it is well known they want to trade him, Vancouver won't be getting even "skill" value. But at least the contract will be off their books. I hope they can at least get a decent centre since Kesler could be out for a while.
    That's the main reason I don't want the Leafs to trade for him. They're desperate for a good centre already.

Since the season starts in a a week, we should get a predictions thread going..

Things like

Stanley Cup Winner
    President's Trophy
    Worst Record
    Hart
    Richard
    Art Ross
    Vezina
    Norris
    Selke
    Calder
    Most Improved