28 50.91%
  • Edgar

22 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: GSP vs. Diaz!

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    New material any time soon would be greatly appreciated.
    No need, old material still stands up as valid!

This fight will be as dull as all his other fights! Of course will be pulling for Diaz to leave him face down, but can't see hhow it happens?!

Quote Originally Posted by xxxVALETUDOxxx View Post
    I agree, he's prone to being wrestlefagged and GSP is one of the best wrestle******s out there. But Diaz has come along way with his game and while it's a shame we haven't seen him be put against any guys that had the ability to wrestle him down... I'm hoping this fight goes more like the Condit/GSP fight but with Nick being able to get in some serious offense on the feet. I highly doubt GSP will be able to jab him up.
    I don't think just jabbing will work either, Diaz could walk through those all day and still plod forward. I think GSP will use angles, 1, 2s and leg kicks, making this a sharp shooting fight for him. He will pepper Diaz until Diaz gets pissed, moves hastily forward to close the difference, and get put on his ass for his trouble. I think it will take a round or two for Diaz to get overzealous and start making mistakes.

I just don't see where Diaz can win. I don't think he will catch GSP and even though Diaz has quite a few KO victories, I don't think he has the one punch power to put him to sleep. I could possibly see Diaz catching GSP in a sub, that is probably his best chance but I don't think Diaz could win at least 3 rounds to take a decision.

I don't know, I'm intrigued b/c Diaz is a tough sob...

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    I don't think just jabbing will work either, Diaz could walk through those all day and still plod forward. I think GSP will use angles, 1, 2s and leg kicks, making this a sharp shooting fight for him. He will pepper Diaz until Diaz gets pissed, moves hastily forward to close the difference, and get put on his ass for his trouble. I think it will take a round or two for Diaz to get overzealous and start making mistakes.

I just don't see where Diaz can win. I don't think he will catch GSP and even though Diaz has quite a few KO victories, I don't think he has the one punch power to put him to sleep. I could possibly see Diaz catching GSP in a sub, that is probably his best chance but I don't think Diaz could win at least 3 rounds to take a decision.

I don't know, I'm intrigued b/c Diaz is a tough sob...
    Aside from the Lawler fight, Diaz gets his KOs by sucking fighters into slugfests, trapping them against the cage and then just wearing them down there. Can't see him doing that against GSP. At all. You're right that he could sub GSP, though. He is as active off his back as Condit and has better BJJ.
    The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
    -- Camus

this is a pretty easy fight to call.

gsp wins a decision.

gsp will take nick down, and then gsp will grind his pelvic bone against nick for 25 minutes.
    "doesn't nothing ever last forever?"

I see edgar working aldo later into the deep rounds for the win. Aldo cardio will be tested this fight
    Due Up
    http://oi47.tinypic.com/v75gkz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Bitter Kos gonna bitter...
    Not so much, clown. I'm surprised so many people are OK with this fight. I hope for a great fight, which I think it will be. HeHendricks is gonna wreak either, IMO.

Be well

"Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us."

--Evan Michael Tanner 1971-2008

I feel like I am running out of time!!

--Nick Diaz

I'm very excited for this fight

"Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us."

--Evan Michael Tanner 1971-2008

I feel like I am running out of time!!

--Nick Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering81 View Post
    Not so much, clown. I'm surprised so many people are OK with this fight. I hope for a great fight, which I think it will be. HeHendricks is gonna wreak either, IMO.

Be well
    Not unless he landed a bomb in the first minute. After that, he has nothing. Every stoppage has happened in the beginning of the round.

Quote Originally Posted by nicknobitch View Post
    I see edgar working aldo later into the deep rounds for the win. Aldo cardio will be tested this fight
    I think Edgar has a damn good chance at winning this one.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering81 View Post

Be well

Hey, one of these times you picking against GSP is bound to be right lol.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

+ Reply to Thread